Late to the party Topic

is there still time to join a beta world. I want to see what the fuss is about before I give up on the game.

if so how do you go about joining?

Thank you
7/25/2016 9:50 AM
Try sending a ticket to CS. They might let you in.

And as a positive word there are two things that make me very hopeful.

1. Seble is very open to making changes, this is a constantly changing game over there that I think is getting better.
2. There are a dozen or so REALLY smart people making great suggestions that are being heard, although not as much as many would like :)
7/25/2016 10:00 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/25/2016 10:00:00 AM (view original):

1. Seble is very open to making changes, this is a constantly changing game over there that I think is getting better.
2. There are a dozen or so REALLY smart people making great suggestions that are being heard, although not as much as many would like :)
The casual players in the beta have mostly quit or were removed in the Great Post-Season 3 Purge.

Most of the people giving feedback now are the vocal minority who are willing to pump serious time into the game and who will get a competitive advantage from higher complexity. Whether this is a positive development is an open question.
7/25/2016 11:49 AM
Disagree. I don't think many of the testers want the game to be more complex.
7/25/2016 3:28 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 7/25/2016 11:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/25/2016 10:00:00 AM (view original):

The casual players in the beta have mostly quit or were removed in the Great Post-Season 3 Purge.

Most of the people giving feedback now are the vocal minority who are willing to pump serious time into the game and who will get a competitive advantage from higher complexity. Whether this is a positive development is an open question.
Calling it a "Purge" isn't accurate. Coaches had to go ahead and renew with the promo code and, due to the acceleration of the beta schedule, hadn't. There were many that had ghost-shipped earlier. Beta has rolled and may be opened up for *new* or returning coaches to (re)join through tomorrow. My guess is that new coaches will be limited to D3 (as they would be in the real game), but I really don't know. There will be a post once it's ready.

My understanding is that there are a few changes coming to recruiting that will help with sorting all the data. We haven't seen it yet, but the ratings should be sortable once more (similar to the current game). THAT will be a huge time-saver! FWIW, it doesn't take *serious* time now, but there is a steep learning curve on how to efficiently scout, sort, and assign attention at the start of recruiting. I am not a raving fan of the basic concept of hiding the recruits and then having to discover them and unlock recruiting actions, but I think a good many improvements have been made that will make it much easier to manage.

My guess is that someone will need to write a tutorial to get folks past the bulk of the learning curve, but, once that it past, the amount of time taken will not necessarily be greater.
7/25/2016 3:37 PM
Posted by mullycj on 7/25/2016 3:28:00 PM (view original):
Disagree. I don't think many of the testers want the game to be more complex.
Agree to disagree
7/25/2016 3:39 PM
"is there still time to join a beta world. I want to see what the fuss is about before I give up on the game."

LOL, just the kind of open-minded tester that beta needs.
7/25/2016 9:28 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 7/25/2016 9:28:00 PM (view original):
"is there still time to join a beta world. I want to see what the fuss is about before I give up on the game."

LOL, just the kind of open-minded tester that beta needs.
well so far I like the look and feel of the set up......
I check recruiting out tomorrow....
In the past year Ive gave up Call of Duty and video games all together I guess the next is either HD or fantasy football......
7/25/2016 10:18 PM
I like this better than fantasy sports because at last here I have control over whether my best players sit out at the end of the season. Always hated that with Fantasy Sports, when a coach would rest his best players during fantasy playoffs, to prepare for the "real" playoffs.
7/25/2016 10:24 PM
Late to the party Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.