New coaches in Beta Testing Topic

well I'm in under a new ID ("ratbite") in D3. i'm glad i'm checking this out if for no other reason than playing with the new interface!

is there a quick start guide or a good thread anywhere for the changes? is there a schedule for when, you know, things actually happen? i'd post in the beta forums but it won't let me login there.
7/25/2016 7:13 PM
There is a "world schedule" that shows everything that occurs in the season. Its under the main schedule header. Its a nice addition.
7/25/2016 7:18 PM
I've created a second account and it's not appearing under sign ups or when I put in the promo code. Can someone post the link?
7/25/2016 7:34 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 7/25/2016 7:13:00 PM (view original):
well I'm in under a new ID ("ratbite") in D3. i'm glad i'm checking this out if for no other reason than playing with the new interface!

is there a quick start guide or a good thread anywhere for the changes? is there a schedule for when, you know, things actually happen? i'd post in the beta forums but it won't let me login there.
If you go to "Schedule / World Schedule", that has the whole schedule. Tomorrow scouting begins. You have plenty of time to scout, so you don't have to rush to do it.

7/25/2016 7:58 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 7/25/2016 7:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bathtubhippo on 7/25/2016 7:13:00 PM (view original):

If you go to "Schedule / World Schedule", that has the whole schedule. Tomorrow scouting begins. You have plenty of time to scout, so you don't have to rush to do it.

Now that I've figured it out, any other general advice for beta?
7/25/2016 8:00 PM
I have only played D1, where you have plenty of money, so this may not apply to D3, but I would host a camp, and FSS the states near you. That will help you discover recruits near you. You can recruit up a level, but for D1 recruits, you will not have a chance to sign any until the second period.
7/25/2016 8:03 PM
Well. Since I'm particularly "curious" about this, go for D1 projected recruits on a couple of your guys. They won't sign until the last 24 hours of the 2nd session. I got one last season with only 1 opening. For $0.

I think its pretty easy to beat D1 sims and that's personally what I'd like to see if others agree that its too easy.

Id save your money unless youre in a battle. You can sign guys for just attention points which replenish every cycle. Try to unlock actions and get very high on a few guys so you will have backups.

There is a lot more to it and you will have to start reading the beta forums and playing around. Everyone is still learning too.
7/25/2016 8:29 PM
cool, thanks for the tips!
7/25/2016 8:51 PM
Also, check out the change log at the top. It lists out some specific items that have changed so that may help too.
7/25/2016 9:17 PM
How long before the email does arrive? I will try D2 as well.
7/25/2016 9:21 PM
Benis - Can you sign D2 recruits at any time, when you are at D3?

I know that the D1 are the 2nd session - are they the last 24 hours of the second session?

I am excited to try D3, and I want to also try D2 after this season. I have 3 teams that are all in opposite ends of the country. Dartmouth - chapelhillne, Nebraska Wesleyan - Chapel2, and Puget Sound - Billy_Graham. I will move one of the last two to D2 after this year, so I can experience a job change, and experience D2.
7/25/2016 9:25 PM
It took the email a good 45 minutes or so, I think.
7/25/2016 9:26 PM
"Can you sign D2 recruits at any time, when you are at D3?"

No. Signing a recruit projected to be one level above your school is delayed until the second recruiting session at the earliest. Signing a projected D1 recruit to a D3 school is what is delayed to the final 24 hours.
7/25/2016 9:57 PM
Thanks Spud. So, all D2 recruits could be signed at the start of the second session?
7/25/2016 10:08 PM
Seems like a good strategy would be to see if there are any D3 recruits worth going after, but mostly getting a lot of feelers out there for D2 and D1 players with the hope of signing them in the second period.
7/25/2016 10:09 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
New coaches in Beta Testing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.