New coaches in Beta Testing Topic

So you lost but are bragging about only losing by a little?

#spudlogic
7/28/2016 2:50 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 7/28/2016 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 7/28/2016 12:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 7/28/2016 12:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 7/28/2016 8:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 7/27/2016 10:40:00 PM (view original):
" In my last zeason at DII I got a guy with 100 SP, 94 PE and 74 BH. He should be able to score a good amount! (Not to mention 68 defense, 77 Pass, and 75 Ath). "

Wow, there's no one remotely like that at D2 Mines in beta. What team did you get this beast for?
Projected ratings! lol.
Fantasy. Gotcha.
Holy crow! Can't wait to beat you (and Simmy Tennesee Tech and UC Davis) by a 40 in a season!
ROFLMAO! Last time you boasted that you were going to beat me by 85. What happened to your confidence? Maybe getting taken to OT before squeaking out a 2-point win for the conference tourney championship? Guess what -- I think I'll beat your 40-point spread just like I beat the 85-spread you bragged about. But go ahead and brag for your little friends, they'll eat it up.
#SettleDownBeavis
7/28/2016 5:11 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 7/28/2016 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 7/28/2016 12:10:00 PM (view original):
" In my last zeason at DII I got a guy with 100 SP, 94 PE and 74 BH. He should be able to score a good amount! (Not to mention 68 defense, 77 Pass, and 75 Ath). "

Wow, there's no one remotely like that at D2 Mines in beta. What team did you get this beast for?
Projected ratings! lol.
Fantasy. Gotcha.
Holy crow! Can't wait to beat you (and Simmy Tennesee Tech and UC Davis) by a 40 in a season!
ROFLMAO! Last time you boasted that you were going to beat me by 85. What happened to your confidence? Maybe getting taken to OT before squeaking out a 2-point win for the conference tourney championship? Guess what -- I think I'll beat your 40-point spread just like I beat the 85-spread you bragged about. But go ahead and brag for your little friends, they'll eat it up.
Oh no! I only won by 13! Well I guess that I only have six more blues and 4 more greens in cores plus defense! From 2 points to 13, next should be maybe 20. What do you think? (This is in the beta world)

Its not like my team is any good! ADominatingDIITeam (go to Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference DII and change to margins to see the dominance of Colorado School of Mines and Colorado Christian)
And there are some other quite good teams too!
W. New Mexico
Stonehill
Missouri, St. Louis
Tiffin
And many more...

This is the beginning of the dominant DII teams era, no matter what Spud says. And I know what Spud will say: "Ghostships are the only reason this is happening." But Spud doesn't understand that the players aren't getting snatched from ghost-shipped Notre Dame or even ghost-shipped DII Chadron St; these teams are getting are being snatched from the low DI sims like Wofford (who I could beat by 20), over .500 Stony Brook (who I could beat by 10), and Arkon (Who I could beat by 40).

And its not like I have some incredible team. Want me to name 20 DII teams in the beta who could beat all three of these DI sims? I will.
And its not like I chose the three worst DI teams I could find either. Want me to name 50 worse ones? I will.

Did I close all the loopholes for spud?
8/5/2016 6:45 PM (edited)
" Did I close all the loopholes for spud? "

Was there a point to your rant?
8/5/2016 10:55 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 8/5/2016 10:55:00 PM (view original):

8/5/2016 11:44 PM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 7/27/2016 6:08:00 PM (view original):
thanks for the advice. i'm happy to hear more if others have it, especially geared towards lower divisions. I'm trying to go into this with an open mind. some of it i think will be better once i have a sense of which recruits are not going to be wasted on a D3 team, so i can root them out and not waste money. is there a way to organize the recruits you're actually interested in, or is it always a giant mass of everybody you scouted using whatever method you used? sorry if these questions are dumb....i'm just kind of lost in here.

my initial reaction is that some of the criticism of the scouting process i've read is extremely valid--lots of time, lots of clicking, and lots of crowded numbers and attributes that make this a little too complex for the average user. my fear is that with preferences being more important than distance is that scouting is going to be incredibly time consuming and rather tedious to find players in general. right now i cannot see how this type of scouting will appeal to bringing in potential new players. it's kind of overwhelming.
Exactly what I said about new users. Of course, it got flamed and ridiculed by a couple of coaches, one in particular who apparently likes "background noise", but the fact (and yes, it is a FACT) is that for a first time coach it will be too complicated, too overwhelming. They may somehow attract some new coaches but the retention rate for new coaches will be nowhere near the rate of coaches leaving because of this update.

That, that is why I REALLY wish that they'd leave a couple of worlds as they are and since the update isn't getting thrown away (as it should), change a few to the nuHD. Split it half and half, hell split it 2/5 for 1x and 1/2 for 2x but for those of us who love the game as is, leave some of those worlds the hell alone. And I don't believe for a SECOND that it's not possible to do that. Because of the way potential was rolled out and because of the way this is being rolled out, it very much seems like there are several servers attached to HD. Hell, there very well be a server for each individual world.

It should have become VERY obvious to Seble by now that this was NOT a good decision. So instead of falling completely on the sword and committing total seppuku, why doesn't he just give himself a paper cut that keeps the game alive instead of hara-kiri which will gut it completely. There IS a way to compromise and satisfy ALL the current coaches but some people are just so damn stubborn, hardheaded, and afraid to admit publicly that they made a HUGE mistake that instead of compromising, they kill it. All because he's gone too far with this horrible idea and can't back down now because he'll look weak in front of his bosses. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he has too explain to his bosses why they'll have to shut down the game completely because the new debacle of an update ran off so many coaches that there aren't enough left to justify the cost of keeping the game alive. Now THAT conversation is the one I'd REALLY like to hear, especially when his boss points out that several users had proposed valid compromises that weren't even considered due to the size of the ego involved.

I really don't care if I get banned at this point, I'm just playing out my credits anyway but I will say that it's a DAMN SHAME that a game that I've played, enjoyed, and loved for over a decade will no longer be part of my hobbies or spare time. All of us that leave will get over it of course, but the sad thing is that it didn't even have to happen. I've probably spent well over a thousand dollars on this game throughout my years playing, hell probably closer to two grand. But I can take my money and spend it on other websites just as easily as I can spend it here. It's not MY loss, it's HD's loss.

I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way as I do but they just don't want to post it in the forums. But I will keep a team or two just to see how many coaches leave after this thing rolls out. With the amount of teams being dropped and coaches leaving already, it should be VERY obvious to the people in charge that this isn't going over well and will only get worse when it rolls out officially. It's obvious that they don't care and almost seems like they are running coaches off purposefully. If not running them off entirely, causing them to drop many of their teams which still goes into the coach exodus list. The game is going to consist of 30 divisions of ghost town conferences. Gee, how fun.

Horrible idea Seble. You wouldn't get flamed at all if you finally grabbed your nuts and told your superiors that you tried out the idea in a beta world, it didn't work out as expected, coaches are leaving left and right, and that the plug needs to be pulled on this project. It was a valiant effort, it just doesn't work and a new idea needs to be tried.
8/6/2016 2:39 PM (edited)

Projected ratings! lol.
Fantasy. Gotcha.
What do you think you're playing Spud, "real" basketball? Of course it's fantasy and of course ratings can and are projected.

Is this guy for real? For someone so smart and in touch with the game, you sure haven't won much of anything there Spud. You seem like the kind of guy who always thinks they're the smartest person in the room. You remind me very much of Sheldon Cooper, both the character and the actor who portrays him.
8/6/2016 2:44 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 8/5/2016 10:55:00 PM (view original):

There was a very obvious point to his rant but it clearly went right over your head Beavis. Try to keep up, huh?

Is it the fact that you've lost every NT game you've played that makes you want so many changes? Tired of losing to human coaches after beating up on all Sim teams? How about...........trying to actually win a game that "mattered" and then maybe you could come back with some valid points and advice. Methinks that it's YOU who wants all the protection and wants everything evened out because YOU can't win a game that matters otherwise. I bet it just KILLS you that someone as smart as you can't get past the first round of the big boy tournament and can't BELIEVE that you're losing to what you think are coaches that are obviously inferior intellectually to you and your infinite amount of knowledge. You constantly whine about "background noise" because that's the way you deflect any and all criticism of the great you and it absolutely burns you up inside to just KNOW that you are smarter than everyone playing this silly little game but all these inferior, dumb coaches keeping beating you when it really matters. You're basically an oxygen thief and that's it. Have a nice day, drive safely, and don't breathe too deeply, there are far more important people in the world that need that oxygen you're wasting.
8/6/2016 2:57 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 12345
New coaches in Beta Testing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.