Returning to a Previously Played In World Topic

If trying to get back into a world that I was in before (Iba) but I'm running into something kind of peculiar. The job search is telling me that I'm not qualified for D1 jobs (which is a given since I've only been in that world for two prior seasons). But it's ALSO telling me that I'm not qualified for D2 either, which I thought was strange since my second (last) season was AT a D2 school?

I won't go back to D3 because, frankly, I don't like D3. I like D2 and that's what I'm trying to sign back up for. Is it "normal" to have to back to D3 AGAIN in order to move back to D2 AGAIN? Since I left D2 shouldn't I be able to pick right back up where I left off??

Here are the particulars for those wanting the info. Iba just finished season 87 and my last season was at the end of 76. I have a spotless reputation. My two seasons are as follow:

Season 75 was at Maine, Maritime Academy. 26-4 record, reg season champions, conference tourney champions, 1st round NT exit. Forgot to check RPI.

Season 76 was at CSU, Chico.27-3 record, regular season and conference tourney champions, 1st round NT exit. Final RPI of 18.

Ladies and gentlemen, that's a 53-7 (.883) record along with regular season and conference tourney titles both years. Early NT exits both years. Spotless reputation.

Is someone going to tell me that I have to go back through a season of D3 AGAIN to get to a D2 job that will probably very well be gone by next season when I have a chance to apply? This HAS to be a hiccup somewhere, doesn't it? I guess if it's true that you have to go back to D3 first then I'll just have to say **** on the season I was going to use and save it for a team I already have. Hey, it's only 10 bucks or so but that's 10 bucks that WIS may not get.

7/25/2016 5:12 PM
You sure? How long has it been?
7/25/2016 5:19 PM
Yes I'm sure, I just checked again. I have a third ID that's been retired for quite some time so I dusted it off and tried it instead and it gave me the same options, which were go back to D3 or don't play in Iba.

For the ID in question (Dcy). I've been out of that world for approximately a dozen seasons, give or take one or two. That shouldn't be long enough to have to start all the way back to D3.
7/25/2016 5:23 PM
It didn't use to work like this but maybe something has changed since the last time I got back into a world.

Light bulb! Job applications are currently going on right now. I wonder if tonight at 2 a.m. or so when the world rolls over if I'd be eligible for D2 jobs then. I bet I will be. Don't know why I didn't think about that before. I'll wait until later tonight and see before I ask CS about it. I bet that's the issue.
7/25/2016 5:27 PM
Returning to a Previously Played In World Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.