Substitutions vs. Fatigue in big games Topic

I'm trying to find the right balance in big games for letting the subs come in to give the starters a breather. In one such big game today, I had a lead in the final 2 minutes, but gave up a 50 yard pass play that ended up costing me the game. On that play, my two weakest DB's were in the game as safeties. Should I have let the starters stay in the game even though they would have been below 90 or 85 fatigue level? I'm still confused about how much difference fatigue levels make.
7/25/2016 6:48 PM
My teams fatigue is something I should work on more. That being said I think of it as a percentage of the players overall ability. If my db is at 85% is he playing better than the sub would at 100%. For example say the starter is rated at 100 (just to make the math easier) and the back up is at 90. 100 x 85%=85. 85<90. Therefore the starter should go out at 85-90% fatigue.

Im not even sure if this is the way the fatigue works but this is how I imagine it working.
7/25/2016 9:10 PM
Another factor to consider is formation IQ.
7/26/2016 2:29 AM
And you have to play the players who's mama's are watching .
7/26/2016 2:38 AM
Fatigue doesn't seem to do much on a consistent basis. Case in point, find a team with only 3 or 4 db's and play them in a preseason game. Pass every single play and you will notice guys getting down into the teens in fatigue still being in the right place at the right time making a play on the ball.

Since the main update I have used the preseasons to test alot of stuff. Heck one year I had no qb and my punter was tossing 50 yard bombs at a 40 fatigue.
7/27/2016 12:25 PM
Substitutions vs. Fatigue in big games Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.