Maybe I am super efficient at scouting but Topic

The best part spud says there is no negativity in the beta forums but I'd say near half the front page has at least 1 negative comment in it and anytime spud comments there is negative comments directed to him. Then he says he never visits here because it's too toxic yet he comes here every few days every tells him to suck a dick and leave and he goes whines some more in the beta. Still have not seen one thing posted by spud that has actually benefitted the beta either. He's literally a bigger joke than ******* wardo
7/28/2016 12:56 PM
Posted by jeffdrayer on 7/28/2016 12:42:00 PM (view original):
fd343ny -- I was going to start this same exact post, but you beat me to it. Scouting is agonizing. It may be more realistic -- but it's the miserable, painful part of realism that makes being a RL coach a job, rather than a fun diversion. The exact kind of realism I try very very very hard to avoid in my real life, let alone in my "fantasy" one. I'm arguably the most successful coach ever in Smith, but when the changes kick in, I'll dread the act of recruiting far too much to continue on. Life is hard enough without volunteering for extra drudgery in what little free time I have.
It's funny -- progress is literally the streamlining of a process to reach a desired goal more easily. WIS has created the exact opposite of progress.
Well said. Cosmetically the beta version looks great, mobile utility is much better, there are other improvements in the beta. But scouting, specifically discovery... oof. To me it's busywork without a clear added fun factor.

I don't begrudge WIS the right to change their game, and I wish them success. That said, I'm truly curious to see who the customer base for this new process will be.
7/28/2016 12:56 PM
the customer base is the future customers, they don't give a flying **** about anyone is who mildly talented at this game its 100% driven for future customers and current sucky ones.
7/28/2016 1:23 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/28/2016 1:23:00 PM (view original):
the customer base is the future customers, they don't give a flying **** about anyone is who mildly talented at this game its 100% driven for future customers and current sucky ones.
It is easy to understand the FACT that they will never advertise seriously and when they give the FREE game to people those customers will see how convoluted it is and realize it is not worth paying for. They will do as before and ignore the faults and accept the money they can get.
7/28/2016 4:41 PM
I've looked at the beta through a friend and read a bunch about it.

I'm convinced that if the beta game existed, WIS would have a project underway to create a streamlined, less burdensome, less grunt work new version of the game - which would end up looking a lot like the existing game but with a nicer mobile interface.
7/28/2016 5:15 PM
**** off spud. I simply stated my opinion.
7/29/2016 7:15 PM
Posted by Benis on 7/28/2016 12:54:00 PM (view original):
Yeah all you guys not on the Beta forums miss out on gems from Spud like this-

"But if the perception is that you tinkered with the D1 candy in the D1 candy store ... you'll see a rampant sense of entitlement all over these pages, and you'll need to explain it again."
He is clearly the biggest current dickwad in the forums. Maybe ettaexpress had an offspring. He would be about 6 right now so that makes sense.
7/30/2016 11:14 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/28/2016 1:23:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, but if that's the case, future customers won't find this appealing. People won't be chunking out $12 a season for a predominantly luck based game.

Seble's listening, but I don't know if he's set a timeline to be done with the beta regardless if it is ready or not. If he's going to finish the beta regardless of if its ready, this game will be in bad shape. There's still much to be fixed, primarily scouting.

I never thought the game was broken to begin with, personally. Retaining new signups won't be easier with this beta IMO, so I don't see the point unless it is geared toward that.

I would argue that future customers would be as averse to a primarily luck-based basketball sim as current customers are. Very few folks will put money into that.
7/30/2016 11:52 AM
seble is listening during the beta, but I wish a lot of these discussions had taken place before WIS started writing the user stories and beta code.

We're being told our Jeep Wrangler has been traded in for a Nissan Sentra, but lucky us, we get to have input on the Sentra's color and hubcaps.
7/30/2016 11:58 AM
I've blocked spud. I avoided the forums completely for a while due to too much noise. Now life is simpler. Spud throws every conversation on the beta off track, and often the conversation becomes unproductive and goes nowhere. I want to make the game better. I have ideas. Others have different ideas, and we've had very productive conversations (Trenton joe and I had a very good back and forth on different approaches). Every productive post I start or comment on always has 3 spud comments I don't read. When others quote him though, i end up unfortunately seeing his posts...he's 100% of the time playing devil's advocate, making up facts about the game, or just insulting people. If posters continue to give him attention, his behavior will continue. I wish people just didn't keep quoting him. I made that mistake last week, never again. It's an endless conversation that will always go nowhere.

The block user button is very easy to find. it is under the poster's name, under "add favorite". Folks should use it when these forums are being completely torn up by the same few people hijacking every single productive thread just to hear themselves type.

I have only a week or two of free time before I go back to work. I'm hoping to help out with making the beta better. It sucks that is not everyone's motivation.
7/30/2016 12:05 PM (edited)
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/28/2016 12:56:00 PM (view original):
The best part spud says there is no negativity in the beta forums but I'd say near half the front page has at least 1 negative comment in it and anytime spud comments there is negative comments directed to him. Then he says he never visits here because it's too toxic yet he comes here every few days every tells him to suck a dick and leave and he goes whines some more in the beta. Still have not seen one thing posted by spud that has actually benefitted the beta either. He's literally a bigger joke than ******* wardo
There's mostly productivity on the beta forums right now. People aren't happy, but they're trying to get stuff fixed. It's not that negative, at least until someone comes in and attempts to derail every single thread 24-7.
7/30/2016 12:03 PM
Didn't enjoy beta, and have since stopped playing it. I wonder how many other ghosts there are who quit the game even when it was ***free***
8/1/2016 1:17 AM
For what it's worth, I did my scouting for Crum recruiting on Friday afternoon. I have 5 open scholarships. It *might* have taken 15 minutes to scout and organize players. ah...
8/1/2016 9:52 AM
◂ Prev 123
Maybe I am super efficient at scouting but Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.