I cut a guy; then a diff. player quit bc of it. Topic

hey guys, quick question.... I've played this game since 2007 and I have never had anything like this happen to me. I took over a new team in Knight, and cut a guy. Right after I cut him, one of my best players quit the team and said he quit because I cut the other guy.

Has this every happened to anyone??
7/26/2016 4:33 PM
Yep
rare but yep
7/26/2016 5:06 PM
mully is correct

the theory is that his buddy quit
7/26/2016 5:07 PM
yep, it sucks. sucks the most when you're best player is the one who quits when you cut the chump.
7/26/2016 7:15 PM
Posted by mattstarks on 7/26/2016 4:33:00 PM (view original):
hey guys, quick question.... I've played this game since 2007 and I have never had anything like this happen to me. I took over a new team in Knight, and cut a guy. Right after I cut him, one of my best players quit the team and said he quit because I cut the other guy.

Has this every happened to anyone??
From the HD FAQ:

Q: I'd like to rescind a scholarship to one of my returning players - can I do that?
A:

Yes, a player's scholarship can be rescinded anytime after the conclusion of the job change period and prior to signings starting during the following recruiting period. Note that you must have seasons remaining on your account before you can rescind a scholarship. Simply click on 'rescind scholarship' next to the player's name in the coach's office.

Keep in mind, that rescinding a scholarship of a player that you signed for no fault of the player may make recruiting for your school more difficult in the future as no kid will want to play at a program which isn't loyal to it's players. You do not receive any additional recruiting money when you rescind a scholarship. Also, cutting a player could cause other players to leave as well.

7/26/2016 9:27 PM
I actually posted this exact example in the thread about losing money for HV even though the kid rejected the visits. Just last night I think and all of a sudden it happens today. Don't mind me but I'm going to be posting all kinds of stuff about me winning the lottery since the Powerball draw is tomorrow, ha ha!!!

It's in the "I didn't think this was possible" thread.
7/26/2016 10:00 PM
I've seen it happen too. I always wait to cut guys until after recruiting starts. I don't know if this makes any difference though - just kind of hoping it does.
7/26/2016 10:54 PM
It's rare and probably an unnecessary part of the game, but it does happen unfortunately.

Interesting to note that this was a first year coach and he ended up cutting a player he didn't recruit. I remember during the last discussion about this subject, there was some uncertainty about it.
7/27/2016 2:37 PM (edited)
Posted by chapelhillne on 7/26/2016 10:54:00 PM (view original):
I've seen it happen too. I always wait to cut guys until after recruiting starts. I don't know if this makes any difference though - just kind of hoping it does.
I didn't cut him until 6 hours before signing, then I got an instant email from the other guy - Beware!
7/27/2016 12:21 PM
It's a bit idiotic. I say get rid of this. When you take over a new team, and it's not your own players, the ones you recruited, I have no idea why it would happen.
7/27/2016 12:24 PM
Posted by zorzii on 7/27/2016 12:24:00 PM (view original):
It's a bit idiotic. I say get rid of this. When you take over a new team, and it's not your own players, the ones you recruited, I have no idea why it would happen.
I agree a million percent.......I certainly expressed that in my correspondence with customer service!!
7/27/2016 2:22 PM
next thing, people will suggest getting rid of dilemmas and booster gifts!
7/27/2016 3:19 PM
... and losses. Get rid of losses.
7/27/2016 9:43 PM
Posted by zorzii on 7/27/2016 12:24:00 PM (view original):
Agreed.
7/28/2016 3:00 AM
it's a bad "feature." it's so rare that this actually happens that is just totally sucks for the new coach. at some schools, the loss of your best player over this could kill your whole season or might have even effected your decision to take the school.
7/28/2016 9:51 AM
12 Next ▸
I cut a guy; then a diff. player quit bc of it. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.