Increasing freethrow attempts? Topic

How do I increase my freethrow attempts from game to game? Any tips out there thank you.
7/26/2016 4:42 PM
Get fouled more often.
7/26/2016 4:54 PM
have your faster and more athletic players get more shots and turn their 3 point frequency to -2
7/26/2016 4:58 PM
Posted by tgblackw on 7/26/2016 4:54:00 PM (view original):
Get fouled more often.
+1
7/26/2016 5:00 PM
Posted by mattstarks on 7/26/2016 4:58:00 PM (view original):
have your faster and more athletic players get more shots and turn their 3 point frequency to -2
esp good if they have nice LP and BH
7/26/2016 5:08 PM
Thanks for the input the game I need to increase freethrows in is 3 games away. I'm hoping that he loses tonight to a more experienced coach. So i'll have some good data to gameplan around.
7/26/2016 5:29 PM
There's not really anything you can do at this point other than to up the distro on players with more spd and ath. Even 1 game is too random to predict something like that.
7/26/2016 7:02 PM
I have another question.. If I set all my distrobution to -2 would that give me more fouls? Instead of going to player setting and changing the whole team for one game?
7/26/2016 8:30 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/26/2016 8:30:00 PM (view original):
I have another question.. If I set all my distrobution to -2 would that give me more fouls? Instead of going to player setting and changing the whole team for one game?
what do you mean, "set all my distro to -2"? i think you are thinking of the end game settings for 3pt shooting - which only affect a small % of games. in general, you could set every player to -2, but that would still be on the player settings (player game plan) page.

in general, trying to "draw more fouls", is something you only have limited control over after recruiting. you can build a team to draw a lot of fouls, but once you have a team, your best bet is generally to give the best player the distro they deserve, and maybe to adjust slightly from there based on the team weakness. so, if you have your top 4 player all as 3 point shooting guards, maybe you'd add a point or two to a big man or two, to try to even things up a bit, so you aren't so 1 sided and easy to plan against. but in general, if you take MAJOR steps to increase the fouls you draw at this point, you will be hurting yourself.

that said, you *can* increase the fouls drawn by shifting distro to players with higher ath/spd/lp and away from players who take a lot of 3s. you can also just stop your guys from taking 3s at all. you'll probably ruin your team though, so i strongly recommend you don't do that, like, really, really strongly.
7/26/2016 9:09 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 7/26/2016 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the input the game I need to increase freethrows in is 3 games away. I'm hoping that he loses tonight to a more experienced coach. So i'll have some good data to gameplan around.
Why that specific game? Why not every game?

Wardo, you do you realize that you can also get good data from games that your opponents win too, right? Any game that a team plays will give you data to look at, win or lose.
7/26/2016 10:07 PM (edited)
Increasing freethrow attempts? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.