I was wondering if anyone uses the booster gifts and if they actually help or hurt your recruiting process. I've never actually used them but was wondering if I was missing out on a recruiting option by not using them. Thanks!
7/28/2016 2:00 PM
Don't do it. If you get caught (highly likely), it will cost you post season eligibility, your reputation will take a big hit, etc.
7/28/2016 2:04 PM
Don't do it. I tried it on a couple of test teams...always got caught...devastating results.
7/28/2016 2:14 PM
Gotcha, thanks guys. That's what I thought but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
7/28/2016 2:53 PM
Actually, I wish the engine would be updated to grant greater success in this arena. If you want to gameplay a "dirty" school...this could be a viable option. Right now, I know of no coach that has ever gotten away with the booster gift.
7/28/2016 3:46 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
In the past, you could get away with it about 4 out of 5 times. And even when you were caught, half the time no violations were found. It was a useful tool if used correctly, but there was always a bit of a gamble. I haven't used it in a while, except once in Camp D1A about 10 seasons ago. I just wanted to see how it worked in V3. I was investigated, but no violations were found, so not penalized. Back in the day, one of the key things was the recruit had to have at least two "greedy" references in his scouting reports, otherwise it wasn't a good idea to offer them. There were a couple of other things that mattered, it's been so long I would have to look up my old notes.
8/3/2016 4:11 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.