Playoff roster decisions? Topic

Currently have 11 hitters and 14 pitchers. Trying to move a pitcher... I have an NL team. I don't really have a true fourth OF/strong pinch hitter and am considering adding one.

My question is- if I'm considering calling up a prospect for the playoffs, and may do the 20 game call up next season- how do I manage the service time?

my other question is what are people's thoughts about proceeding in the playoffs without a true backup SS? My best option is good on all ratings except range, where he is 78.

Thanks.
7/28/2016 2:15 PM
Playoff does not count as service time.

I often carry 9-10 pitchers and 15-16 hitters in the playoffs. I don't want some shitball LRB pitching in the playoffs. So I fill out my roster with specialty players. D heavy, LH power, Speed/BR, etc, etc. Actually won my first WS with a PR in the 9th of game 7 who never played a non-roster expansion inning in his career. One caveat, a couple of extra innings games will smoke your staff and you can't fix it until the series is over.
7/28/2016 3:30 PM
I'm interested in this as well. How would you set the roster for the minor league guy that you want to play in playoffs?

Do you leave them in minors but set post season roster with the rookie on it while they are still in the minors? Is that the way you avoid the service time?

Or do you bring them up after season ends and add them to the big league roster?

I want to maybe use a few minor league guys in playoffs but don't want to start their arb clocks as a couple only have two seasons under their belt and therefore I have no need to start their clocks yet. Thanks for any help you can give.
7/29/2016 9:46 PM
After the season ends, before the playoffs start. You'll burn an option but not accrue service time.
7/30/2016 6:51 AM
Playoff roster decisions? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.