Tournament seed question. Topic

Hi guys, If I win out all my games versus sims will be 17 wins. I have 5 users left (Coker, Csu Bakersfield , Rollins , Flordia Gulf Coast, and Clark Atlanta in that order. I have a feeling I covered the even spread tonight versus Coker which will be 1 quality win out of possible 8 quality games I lost 2 of the quality wins already.

The question is are my 2 away wins much more valuable than the sim games? I have 2 more away games in the non conference I need to win. Also another question is, would I have to win in the conference tourney if I somehow manage to get matchup with Clark Atlanta in the tournament will that be enough to get at large bid? Would I have to win the conference championship now to get a good seed in the national tournament thanks?
7/28/2016 5:22 PM
spread has no bearing on quality wins - its about who you played and their record
7/28/2016 5:26 PM
I'm not sure, you might have too many pancakes on the schedule. Next time, go with the burnt French toast and a couple of hard boiled eggs.
7/28/2016 5:40 PM
Posted by mamxet on 7/28/2016 5:26:00 PM (view original):
spread has no bearing on quality wins - its about who you played and their record
I know that.. What about the other questions I asked?
7/28/2016 5:43 PM
You'll need to win the CT to make the NT, you'll be lucky to make the PI
7/28/2016 6:02 PM
Ward, your questions are a little premature. Wait til early RPIs come out to gauge where you stand.
7/28/2016 6:16 PM
cant assess the value of any game without looking at the records and schedules of the teams you played

oddly, you said

"have a feeling I covered the even spread tonight versus Coker which will be 1 quality win"

which appeared to suggest that you think that the spread has some relationship to a quality win. Good that you dont have that misunderstanding.
7/28/2016 6:31 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/28/2016 6:02:00 PM (view original):
You'll need to win the CT to make the NT, you'll be lucky to make the PI
With 18 wins? I would rather get the pti than have a 16-11 seed in the tourney
7/28/2016 6:32 PM
Coach Going to the NT is the goal. Going to the PIT is tough on a coach, unless it's a rebuild. Getting a sixteenth seed is better than going to the PIT with a first seed.
7/28/2016 6:37 PM
Posted by zorzii on 7/28/2016 6:37:00 PM (view original):
Coach Going to the NT is the goal. Going to the PIT is tough on a coach, unless it's a rebuild. Getting a sixteenth seed is better than going to the PIT with a first seed.
Flordia Gulf Coast games will decide the championship..It wouldn't make sense to me if we are put on the same side of the conference tournament. I am guessing that these two games I play against Flordia Gulf Coast will decide if I get Clark Atlanta or not?
7/28/2016 6:44 PM
You have 20 games to go. Don't drive yourself nuts trying to figure out scenarios this early.
7/28/2016 6:59 PM
Southern is pretty weak but I doubt you beat FGCU. Be patient Coach, build on solid players. I would stop getting juniors in the recruiting sessions until you have developed your players. And start your freshman center right away or he won't be any good. Check this player out, they are always projects.. with that low WE. But I started him.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/RatingsHistory.aspx?tid=2848&pid=3346049

It
builds his WE.
7/28/2016 7:03 PM
16-11 in the NT is better than 18 wins and the PI, I know you ain't smoking anything but maybe you should try
7/28/2016 7:09 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 7/28/2016 6:59:00 PM (view original):
You have 20 games to go. Don't drive yourself nuts trying to figure out scenarios this early.
Yeah I know, it already seems like 1 and 2 seeds are already filled out. Its now just the Flordia Gulf Coast are EXTREAMLY important!
7/28/2016 7:22 PM
It's only 6 games into the season, no 1 or 2 seeds have been filled out or determined yet. So many things can happen the rest of the season. Concentrate on playing 1 game at a time and when it gets to the conference tournament then you can start looking at different scenarios.

Right now you're 3-3. You need to concentrate on becoming 4-3, then 5-3, then 6-3, etc. It's just way too early to start thinking about NT/PIT bids. You're wrong about 1 thing though, it's better to be a 16 seed in the NT then a 1 seed in the PIT, exactly like Zorzii said.
7/28/2016 8:24 PM
12 Next ▸
Tournament seed question. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.