Dropping teams as nu game approaches Topic

Saw the summary thread. Thanks for that. Very helpful. Gonna see what's open in DI Rupp on Tuesday. If nothing interests me, I might wait for Iba.
8/13/2016 2:30 PM
the number one complaint of current coaches was lack of mobile friendliness? really? not what I have seen on forums as #1 item - but mobile friendly is good
8/13/2016 3:05 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 8/11/2016 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kubasnack on 8/11/2016 6:24:00 AM (view original):
Well, I have enjoyed the BETA. IT Takes a whole lot less time to scout and recruit and I like the fact I don't have to be at my computer 24/7 for 3 days to recruit and sign guys. It is taking less time, not more for me. I have 2 teams now plus a BETA and may be adding teams. I like the new interface, its mobile friendly which is what everyone was begging for until it happened then a bunch of "I can't take change" people cried about it. It makes it easy to log in on my phone, check my recruits during signings and make any adjustments I need. I also like the fact that if you put the effort in on a recruit, you still can sign them. For those of you worried about parity, you got your wish. The last changes made really made recruiting way easier for top D1 conferences/teams to win the recruit. Many people in this thread cut teams way before the BETA was even being tested and quit the BETA test. You can't honestly say you even gave it a chance. Just about every vote taken during BETA testing went against the "experienced" coaches, those are the ones that have all those teams and want almost everything to stay the same.
I ran the changes by my nephew and a few of his college friends and they really like them and will be giving the game a try when it releases. It also sounds like WIS will be throwing some marketing at the game and I would expect that initially, all those coaches riding their "free" credit highway will cut some teams because now they won't be guaranteed free seasons but that is what WIS wants anyway, paying customers. In the long run, I think you will see new coaches come on, find the game mobile friendly and interesting, and stick around.

For those of you who didn't see this change coming, you need to only look at two things:
The number one complaint of current coaches was that the game was not mobile friendly, HD 3.0 solves that.
The number one issue was a poor retention rate of new coaches. A host of reasons fit that. The game was not mobile friendly, the recruiting process made you feel you couldn't recruit anyone good against the best coaches, and even at DIII, it was impossible to even feel you can compete against the great teams. Today's youth want some instant gratification. HD 3.0 solves that by letting any team with effort at least get on the recruit's considered list (though with recent changes, very little chance of signing them), reduces the short "full time" commitment to recruiting by putting more emphasis on scouting all season and its really mobile friendly.
Darn good post, kuba. Good summary.

fd, you missed the most obvious possibility of all: that the beta doesn't take vastly more time than does scouting in the existing game, and it is spread out so that you can do it at your convenience.
This statement is an absolute joke. Scouting in the current system is 1 click for FSS and time to review. Scouting in the new system is scouting through the 4 levels 1 recruit at a time, or taking time to review each recruit to determine who you want to scout, then taking time again to review the recruits after they've finally been scouted.

Just in the first page, I see about 30 teams leaving the game over about 6-7 people. It'll be interesting to see what kind of plan is in place to replace that kind of drop off. Maybe they'll survey another group of people who had no intention of playing this game long term to make those decisions as well.
8/13/2016 3:44 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 8/13/2016 3:05:00 PM (view original):
the number one complaint of current coaches was lack of mobile friendliness? really? not what I have seen on forums as #1 item - but mobile friendly is good
Agree. Not sure when I saw that this was the #1 complaint. Maybe to people who tried the free trial, but most of those people had no intention of staying anyways.
8/13/2016 3:47 PM
As I said before, been out for at least a year so I haven't been keeping up with the progression of 3.0 and really don't know what to expect. I can tell you this. As someone who played the game for a decade before I left, it had gotten stale and in all honesty, it looked as though they were gonna pack it in before too long. No major updates in years, promises of recruit, prestige and hiring changes were empty. DIII and DII had become repetitive and quite boring. DI was impossible to compete in unless you were lucky enough to score an A team in the Big 6. The recruit discrepancy from the BIG 6 to the mid and lower majors was ridiculous and if you did put a lot of effort into an average recruit, a Big 6 would simply swipe it away in the final cycle.

There was a time when most of these worlds were close to capacity. Bad decisions from WIS, particularly in regards to recruiting, forced a lot of coaches out. I hope that this is a big step in rectifying those bad decisions of the past and filling up these worlds again. If this succeeds and they can work on the hiring process, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of coaches come back. We shall see.
8/13/2016 4:09 PM
"Scouting in the new system is scouting through the 4 levels 1 recruit at a time, or taking time to review each recruit to determine who you want to scout, then taking time again to review the recruits after they've finally been scouted."

This statement is an absolute joke ... or blowing smoke ... especially "1 recruit at a time." Camps, FSS and assistant scouting are all done in multiples. Good try, though.
8/13/2016 4:13 PM
Yes I think I am done as soon as my credits run out if now sooner - the 3 things that frustrate me most about the game are not addressed in anyway with new recruiting & I don't feel like I have the time and energy to learn a whole new game. Plus if you didn't beta you are already way behind so the guys who win everything now will still win everything because they had 3 teams in beta somehow.
8/13/2016 4:33 PM
Posted by creilmann on 8/13/2016 2:15:00 PM (view original):
I'm actually considering a return to HD after a year away. 3.0 has me intrigued. Might give it a try. I left because I honestly thought a change like this would never come.
This is what wis created - so much apathy toward its paying customers that any change, even possibly awful, is welcomed by some.
8/13/2016 5:09 PM
Posted by vandydave on 8/13/2016 5:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by creilmann on 8/13/2016 2:15:00 PM (view original):
I'm actually considering a return to HD after a year away. 3.0 has me intrigued. Might give it a try. I left because I honestly thought a change like this would never come.
This is what wis created - so much apathy toward its paying customers that any change, even possibly awful, is welcomed by some.
True. My expectations aren't very high. Might be one and done, but we'll see.
8/13/2016 5:19 PM
I sent a ticket to wis asking if they'd move my HD credits over to Hardball Dynasty. They said you can't switch credits between games. I'm not looking for cash, or credit card refund, I'm simply looking to continue using wis credit on wis products. I even would understand if they needed to use some "conversion" formula as games cost different amounts. So unless they reconsider they basically prefer there to be unfilled teams rather than shifting credits.
8/13/2016 11:17 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 8/13/2016 4:13:00 PM (view original):
"Scouting in the new system is scouting through the 4 levels 1 recruit at a time, or taking time to review each recruit to determine who you want to scout, then taking time again to review the recruits after they've finally been scouted."

This statement is an absolute joke ... or blowing smoke ... especially "1 recruit at a time." Camps, FSS and assistant scouting are all done in multiples. Good try, though.
and all only get you to 1 level. You have been selling this the entire time as if all scouting is done once you do these things.
8/13/2016 11:43 PM
Posted by poncho0091 on 8/13/2016 11:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 8/13/2016 4:13:00 PM (view original):

and all only get you to 1 level. You have been selling this the entire time as if all scouting is done once you do these things.
"and all get you to level 1."

That is factually false. Didn't you play in the beta? Hosted camp is two levels all by itself. Any of the guys in both camps are already at level three, and FSS puts them to level four. Shame on you for spreading falsehoods.
8/14/2016 12:30 AM
spud is abslutely right that not every recruit starts at level one and not every step is individual

lots of stuff is individual IF one wants to be frugal with scouting dollars

it is better in the beta now than at the start, but still tons more low analytic content work - it remains a clickfest
8/14/2016 3:27 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8
Dropping teams as nu game approaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.