Dropping teams as nu game approaches Topic

Haven't dropped teams, but I did make the conscious decision not to expand back into worlds where I'd dropped teams back when I moved.

Have been trying to keep an open mind toward the beta and was initially leaning toward staying. Now feeling pushed in the opposite direction. If the changes continue to drift the game from skill towards luck, I'll bail on both my remaining teams.
7/29/2016 2:18 PM
I think everybody already knows I'm out when we hit new HD.
7/29/2016 3:24 PM
Down to 2 from 10. running credits out on those two. Not just disliking change to dislike change, and I do think seble has been responsive to quite a bit in the beta, but I just think the premise is wrong for a lot of it. Still many core problems that are unaddressed, and new ones (one big pool) being implemented.
7/29/2016 3:43 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 7/29/2016 12:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/29/2016 10:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by npb7768 on 7/29/2016 10:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 7/29/2016 10:08:00 AM (view original):
Only : Merging is the best idea. There are too many worlds, not enough owners. Worlds should not open unless there is enough owners playing in them... It's as simple as that.

I don't get the fun of playing in D3 with 70 owners... nor 100 owners. So just make some sort of draft, keep owners on team where they are the only one on it and merge.

This game got diluted because of the hurry to open worlds. Now, it's dying because it's too sparse everywhere. Naismith D3 is fun because we still have a good group of owners... But I'd like to even get more. I'd say 150 owners is right perfect in D3 and D1, 130 in D2. Merging would get you close to that.

If world populations really go down, I agree that merging some worlds would be a good idea.

Actually, since Crum is my primary world, I wouldn't mind turning Crum into a HD Beta World, and keep the other Worlds as HD Classic.
I wonder if an idea like that is completely off the table.
They have said no to that because of server space and other tech mumbo jumbo.
They could offer the two HDs as separate and distinct and unrelated products, with no tech support for the legacy product. They're choosing not to, which is obviously their right.
I agree that it's their "choice" as well, the reason being is that we didn't have to stop all the worlds when potential came out. They simply added it as each individual world rolled over. No month long break or two month or whatever this one is supposed to be.
7/29/2016 7:16 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/29/2016 10:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 7/29/2016 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/29/2016 9:45:00 AM (view original):
"I am sure there will be people who counter and say it isn't learning a new game, etc. or don't be lazy. Honestly I have two kids who are under 3 and HD was a nice getaway for me, but now it is becoming much more time consuming."

I think it is a new game, at least recruiting which is most of the game is new. To say otherwise would be disingenuous. It also takes more time ( albeit spread over weeks).

I think, me personally, the recruiting experience is richer. It does take more time, it does involve more mouse clicks, but I like the fact that I can spend a couple hours over a couple of weeks finding and scouting players.

It's different, it will take some time to learn the nuances. It's also pretty far away, IMO. Seble is still experimenting with it.
Pretty far away, like how far in your own personal estimate TJ? To answer the OP, I'm at 10 from 16 headed towards 0.
Best guess is a minimum of two more months, I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least between 4-6. I don't know if there is a busy season but if I were them I would try to make a november/december release to coincide with real college basketball's season.
4-6 would be great and 2 is better than nothing. I still agree with several others that some worlds should be left as HD Classic and some changed to the new product. It can be done, it's just stubbornness stopping that idea from happening.
7/29/2016 7:18 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 7/29/2016 7:18:00 PM (view original):
"I am sure there will be people who counter and say it isn't learning a new game, etc. or don't be lazy. Honestly I have two kids who are under 3 and HD was a nice getaway for me, but now it is becoming much more time consuming."

I think it is a new game, at least recruiting which is most of the game is new. To say otherwise would be disingenuous. It also takes more time ( albeit spread over weeks).

I think, me personally, the recruiting experience is richer. It does take more time, it does involve more mouse clicks, but I like the fact that I can spend a couple hours over a couple of weeks finding and scouting players.

It's different, it will take some time to learn the nuances. It's also pretty far away, IMO. Seble is still experimenting with it.
Pretty far away, like how far in your own personal estimate TJ? To answer the OP, I'm at 10 from 16 headed towards 0.
Best guess is a minimum of two more months, I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least between 4-6. I don't know if there is a busy season but if I were them I would try to make a november/december release to coincide with real college basketball's season.
4-6 would be great and 2 is better than nothing. I still agree with several others that some worlds should be left as HD Classic and some changed to the new product. It can be done, it's just stubbornness stopping that idea from happening.
To me, HD Classic is pre-potential. Now THAT would be a world worth staying in permanently.
7/29/2016 8:10 PM
I'm in the minority, but I plan to maybe add a D3 team in addition to the 6 teams I have. I really like it a lot. I think everyone should wait to make a final decision until they try it when it is complete. Obviously it will be different from the current game, but it really was not very difficult to learn. I'd also be very happy to help anyone who can't figure out certain things, and to give advice on any strategies I have learned during Beta, to help them make the adjustment. I am trying a Beta team at each level - D1, D2 and D3. I'm still learning at D2 and D3 especially. But I like the new challenge a lot. I'd like to see it succeed.
7/29/2016 11:02 PM
I have added a DIII team in Wooden, starting in August. If I can set up my class distribution before the new update goes into effect, I think I will be very successful there.
7/29/2016 11:39 PM
I have 3 and will hold them for the time, but I fully expect to drop at least 1, if not 2. Seble drastically underestimated how important the simplicity of the game was. I joined this site waiting for a GD world to play in and decided to try out HD. I ended up loving HD and found it was fairly easy to pick up. I tried GD and never returned, for the same reason I don't like the new system, time consuming and unclear for new users.

In addition, I love the style of the of HD as it is. Again it is easy to navigate, crisp, and clear. I'm not a fan of the new design. It's not that much different in overall layout, but the look just doesn't work for me.
7/30/2016 12:06 AM
Posted by poncho0091 on 7/30/2016 12:06:00 AM (view original):
I have 3 and will hold them for the time, but I fully expect to drop at least 1, if not 2. Seble drastically underestimated how important the simplicity of the game was. I joined this site waiting for a GD world to play in and decided to try out HD. I ended up loving HD and found it was fairly easy to pick up. I tried GD and never returned, for the same reason I don't like the new system, time consuming and unclear for new users.

In addition, I love the style of the of HD as it is. Again it is easy to navigate, crisp, and clear. I'm not a fan of the new design. It's not that much different in overall layout, but the look just doesn't work for me.
For a long time, HD has been WIS's simple dynasty game requiring little attention, GD the middle-complexity game, and HBD the highly complex game requiring daily team monitoring. I thought that was a good system.
7/30/2016 10:14 AM
I like monitoring my teams daily - but the drudge work, click fest that is scouting in the new game is just too much
7/30/2016 10:41 AM
totally agree w/ metsmax. i check my teams a couple times a day, but i'm not in there for hours clicking around.

i think the slight updates/changes to the design are things you get used to. people say the same thing every time facebook or twitter, etc, roll out a new logo or layout. i also like the various little things that have been updated--adjusted menus, the ability to drag your depth chart, etc. i like being able to toggle between ratings and stats when game planning. i do really like some of the new ideas in scouting, but i think the execution of the new scouting is just totally not user-friendly between the layout and the process. this will absolutely repel users, both old and new.

i would honestly just scrap the camps and all the endless extra steps to discover players and apply some of the cool things like scouting levels ($ for FSS level 1, $$ for level 2, etc) and some of the more in-depth preferences to the current scouting process.
7/30/2016 11:19 AM
I'm hoping that scouting gets fixed. I think other aspects of the BETA are pretty good, but scouting will be the game's deathknell as implemented right now. It's just not enjoyable.
7/30/2016 11:46 AM
Posted by metsmax on 7/30/2016 10:41:00 AM (view original):
I like monitoring my teams daily - but the drudge work, click fest that is scouting in the new game is just too much
No argument, you absolutely can invest added time in HD1 if you want to. But most days you don't have to.

In HD2, there will be a lot more time during the season where you have to pay attention to recruiting lest you screw over your dynasty investment for the next 4+ seasons.
7/30/2016 11:56 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 7/29/2016 7:18:00 PM (view original):

heck if i knew we had 4-6 months i'd pick some teams back up 4 teams is putting me through withdrawal like symptons, I was kinda going under the assumption seble was sticking to the 3-5 beta seasons and pushing it out ready or not
7/30/2016 1:24 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
Dropping teams as nu game approaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.