Scouting Levels Topic

Well I guess we are finally back to discussing scouting levels, I've heard just eliminating level 1, but I've always thought splitting the current level 4 would be another good one that achieves 2 things, everyone doesn't have all the information on recruits which seble seems to want and not every level is required.

Levels would then be something like:

Level 1 letter grades for each rating no potential.

Level 2 letter grades with potential

Level 3 numerical with potential (current hd with fss)

Level 4 numerical with full potential (high+/- low +/-)

I think here level 2 is still a minimum requirement although I could easily see level 2 feasible for d3 maybe d2 since we would know a range for the letter grades. And then level 3 is pretty much what we have now and then level 4 is the "scouting trips" except we don't get the same info again and again we just get it at once.

I've heard I believe in tj and bath's thread or maybe trail about increasing costs per scouting level so scouting level 2 is extremely cheap compared to level 4 which is expensive, d3 teams probably can't scout very many to level 4, which is about what we have now I think even in my 6 scholarship seasons I rarely scout more than 3ish guys and almost never scout more than 6.
7/30/2016 1:12 PM
I have come around to thinking we should eliminate Level 1 and just have the other 3 levels, for the sake of the time investment that has been a concern of some. This proposal (above) would be an improvement over the current system, I think, because at least level 1 would have some use in terms of weeding out prospects that have been discovered. But I think just having 3 levels would help those who are worried about the time commitment fell better about that.
7/30/2016 1:50 PM
Yeah, I'm pushing this conversation hard, as well as some other coaches....it seems like the best way to correct many flaws with the Beta.

Viva, I really like your ideas for the 4 ratings if we have to do 4 levels. That's pretty good.
7/30/2016 1:52 PM
I say get rid of 2. I like 1. It gives you an overall idea.
7/30/2016 1:54 PM
Posted by zorzii on 7/30/2016 1:54:00 PM (view original):
You mean the composite rating for offense, defense, or physical? What overall idea does that give you? That the player is "good at offense, but i have no idea if they can hit 3's, or score from the low post" ...

7/30/2016 2:07 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 7/30/2016 1:51:00 PM (view original):
I have come around to thinking we should eliminate Level 1 and just have the other 3 levels, for the sake of the time investment that has been a concern of some. This proposal (above) would be an improvement over the current system, I think, because at least level 1 would have some use in terms of weeding out prospects that have been discovered. But I think just having 3 levels would help those who are worried about the time commitment fell better about that.
yeh I initially thought having 3 levels but I felt with the 4th there is the strategy element of finding high+'s

I think with better starting numbers you will easily limit your pool those level 4's are really just determining between the <20 guys you have decided to target, and not a requirement to have. And with the better lower levels you should wade through players quicker during initial scouting
7/30/2016 2:10 PM
Posted by bbunch on 7/30/2016 1:52:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I'm pushing this conversation hard, as well as some other coaches....it seems like the best way to correct many flaws with the Beta.

Viva, I really like your ideas for the 4 ratings if we have to do 4 levels. That's pretty good.
thank you, of all the realistic stuff that we might get changed this is surefire number 1 priority for me to even consider playing HD when implemented, it's nice not being the only coach bringing stuff up anymore and you guys are better at it anyways since my initial posts just devolve to cursing seble
7/30/2016 2:12 PM
also so apparently with the letter grade scale being uniform it still leaves us with 78 red ath guys getting an A because I guess seble doesn't want us to know recruits being an A and knowing thats 90-100.

personally I'd rather have an A give it away than have 78 red ath guys being rated an A.

guess we can lower how good of a change that was.....
8/3/2016 9:41 PM
Posted by bbunch on 7/30/2016 2:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 7/30/2016 1:54:00 PM (view original):
You mean the composite rating for offense, defense, or physical? What overall idea does that give you? That the player is "good at offense, but i have no idea if they can hit 3's, or score from the low post" ...

Yeah this doesn't make sense to me either.
8/3/2016 9:45 PM
well and bunching lp/per together doesn't that mean a C could be a A lp (lol still could be 78 red LP) and like B bh D per and F pas? or it could just be a C across the board in all 3.

so pretty much when we get new players we just basically tell them ignore level 1 its a complete crap shot and just hope you get lucky in who you scout to level 2 and beyond.
8/3/2016 9:49 PM
Scouting Levels Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.