Pitcher Fatigue Help: Setting Pitch Counts Topic

I lost my bookmarks. Recently tried to find the best thread(s) on determining maximum pitches per game, so I could post it in an OL. Didn't see it/them.

Could someone please repost it here, or in a new thread?

Among all the nagging issues with WIS one of the most glaring is the difficulty for their new customers to discover how to do this. Der...
8/1/2016 7:26 PM (edited)
PS: Now that Roger Ailes is gone from Fox News, maybe WIS has been bumped up on the corporate priority list, from 4,288 to 4,287?
8/1/2016 7:28 PM
This one, AW?

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=154851
8/1/2016 7:54 PM
My advice to a newbie is to play it conservative, especially early in the season, and is crucial till one is confident in their ability to manage pitching. My less than expert opinion is to draft an extra 50 innings, use AAA early in the season, and consider it is better to throw away a game or two to get your pitchers at or near 100%. A sub $1M arm that can start and give the others a rest is money well spent.
8/1/2016 8:01 PM
The simple shortcut I use is 1 pitch per game for every 10 innings, or slightly less for the type of pitchers I use. low OAV low K and low BB all reduce pitch counts allowed. Walks in particular have a major impact. some oldtimers like Joss and Mordecai can't even throw 14 pitches an inning. High K pitchers cost extra but you generally get a few more innings out of them because everybody gets fewer K's in the sim. High BB pitchers are cursed for the opposite reason.

I was recently in a theme league that required players to draft 1000 K and 1000 BB. This resulted in higher pitch counts so more drafted IP were needed. Half the entrants didn't think of that and didn't draft enough innings. These are the things to consider when entering a theme league.
8/14/2016 2:16 PM (edited)
I will oversimplify the question and advise that you tell them just to look at each pitcher's real life IP/G stat and multiply that by 15ish
8/14/2016 8:35 PM
Pitcher Fatigue Help: Setting Pitch Counts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.