Fingers S37 filled, thanks. Topic

We have gotten down to needing only 6 5 4 3 2 1. Our owner requirements-- a minimum of 3 current, consecutive seasons in a single HBD world, OR a strong record of commitment and success at another dynasty game such as HD or GD. We also reserve the right not to admit people who meet these requirements, for whatever reason.

We have a gentle minimum win requirement (110 wins over 2 seasons, 170 over 3), and we do not allow personal attacks on the chat board.

Available teams:
AL East (1): 70-92 last season. FA losses were modest, which may not be a plus when you're 70-92. $59M committed in salary and drafted and kept 4 first rounders in the last 3 seasons; also an 8-figure international. This is one of the least remarkable available franchises I can remember. It's got a really good bullpen, if that floats your boat... just take it and make your imprint on it, but it's going to take a couple seasons to wash away the mediocrity whether you go quick-contend or rebuild.

NL North: Taken 8/15. Playoff team #1, 94-68. FA losses appear to be the catching tandem, and one SP and one RP. $63M in committed salary, so there's money available to replace the losses. Lots and lots of $$ invested in 2 old guys, but they're absolute studs that can earn their salaries even with some age-related decline. Drafted, signed and kept 6 first-rounders in the past 3 seasons, and acquired one 8-figure international in that time. I suppose you could rip this apart and rebuild it, but I wouldn't; the window is still open for a couple of years at least.

NL West: Taken 8/3. Playoff team #2. One owner, seasons 2-36; quit in disgust with HBD overall. Team won the division at 81-81. Major FA losses from that team, but only $34M in committed payroll. Drafted and kept 5 first-rounders in the past 3 seasons. It's not a good team as it sits, but it's not a terrible core and the payroll is low, so you can easily begin a rebuild-- or make really good FA purchases and take your shot now.

AL East (2): Taken 8/15. Longterm owner vanished from WifS midseason. Limped to 68-94... but it doesn't hardly matter what last season's record was because there were major FA losses, and there is only $6M committed in salaries, with another 11 players in arb. Drafted and signed 7 first rounders in the last 3 seasons, and also signed a $20.9M international last season. It looks like the rebuild was begun by the previous owner; you just pick it up and run with it and contend in the third or fourth season.

AL South: Taken 8/5. Playoff team #3. 87-75 wildcard, owner left because he needed to cut back teams in anticipation of an owner swap for the league he is the commish for. Former élite team in gradual decline but the run is not over yet. $74M committed, so for the most part you're going to be playing the team that was built for a couple of seasons-- but that's not bad. Interestingly, has been stockpiling first round picks in the last 2 seasons--7 to be precise. Best played in my opinion as a fully committed run in a narrow window of 2-3 seasons, trading the draft picks, with a big rebuild at that point-- but you can actually tear it down and rebuild if you want.

AL West: Taken 8/3.

Please sitemail me, rather than commenting here, with interest.
8/15/2016 2:55 PM (edited)
Great league with committed owners. Very competitive. Have had like 9 different champs in the last 9 seasons. Only 3 teams had 100 or more wins. Most of these teams can compete right away. Come join us!
8/3/2016 7:44 AM
Down to 5.
8/3/2016 12:01 PM
Password out for NL West.
8/3/2016 4:07 PM
Down to 4.
8/4/2016 10:24 AM
Password out for AL South.
8/4/2016 9:21 PM
Down to 3.
8/5/2016 2:29 PM
Commish already locked down 3 openings in a day or two. Three good teams left in a drama-free, competitive world with no super-teams and plenty of parity. Come join us!
8/5/2016 5:06 PM
can I have the nl north team?
8/6/2016 1:36 PM
This is one of the best worlds out there.
8/6/2016 4:39 PM
Good league.
8/11/2016 10:45 PM
3 to go.
8/13/2016 8:41 AM
Looking for a few good men
8/14/2016 8:39 PM
Password out for AL East (2).
8/14/2016 11:57 PM
Down to 2.
8/15/2016 7:15 AM
12 Next ▸
Fingers S37 filled, thanks. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.