What would you do? Topic

Trailing by 4 points with 3:55 remaining in the game. You are on offense and have 4th down with 2 yards to go and the ball is at the opponent's 25 yard line. Go for it?...or attempt a FG?
8/4/2016 11:40 PM
As if we have a choice? Ask Ms. SimAI.
8/4/2016 11:55 PM
I don't see the logic in it myself but wanted to get feedback for others as to whether the AI was warranted in kicking a field goal?!
8/5/2016 1:30 PM
Depends. How is my defense playing? How many time outs do I have? Has their offense actually driven the length of the field to garner points, or have they been gifted with a turnover and great field position? If the latter, and I have time outs, I'm absolutely kicking the field goal and allowing my defense the opportunity to get the ball back. If it's a barn burner, with 70+ combined points, I probably go for it.
8/5/2016 1:59 PM
I guess my view is that, either way (made FG or missed 4th down conversion), you would still need to get the ball back to have a chance to win the game...so I would go for it!
8/5/2016 5:35 PM
In real life, I'm going for it 80% of the time. In WIS, considering there's nearly 4 mins left, take the 3 points. No guarantees that if you convert that you'll get in the end zone. Inside the 10, different story. But I'd want my team to keep my max exposure to within one score with that much time left.
8/6/2016 12:24 AM
Throw Long for the TD and put this game away .
8/9/2016 3:19 AM
What would you do? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.