My GD Wishlist Topic

It's been a little while since I wrote something, so here's a new article on things I'd like to see added to the game.

My GD Wishlist
8/6/2016 6:00 PM
I can get behind all of those ideas. I am curious though, since your in favor of additional redshirts are you in favor of expanding the number of scholarships?
8/6/2016 9:13 PM
Posted by spcbuzzard on 8/6/2016 9:13:00 PM (view original):
I can get behind all of those ideas. I am curious though, since your in favor of additional redshirts are you in favor of expanding the number of scholarships?
If they ever did raise the RS's to 6 I would like to see the roster raised by those 3 players to 53 per team.
8/6/2016 9:40 PM
I also like all of your ideas vh. But I would like to add one wish of my own and that would be that D3 is rolled back to its old state and plays the same way as all of the other levels of GD. I don't care for D3 myself but I think it would draw back players to the game who did enjoy that level the most.
8/6/2016 9:44 PM
Posted by timberdrive on 8/6/2016 9:44:00 PM (view original):
I also like all of your ideas vh. But I would like to add one wish of my own and that would be that D3 is rolled back to its old state and plays the same way as all of the other levels of GD. I don't care for D3 myself but I think it would draw back players to the game who did enjoy that level the most.
I don't mind that it has been made a simpler level. However I have no interest in playing the game that way and think the 1st season at D3 should be free or allow veteran coaches to skip it when entering a new world.
8/6/2016 9:47 PM
An interesting note pertaining to the "Elites":
The current 14 schools in college football with the most total lifetime wins are the same 14 Elites in WIS.
8/6/2016 10:04 PM
Love it! Another great article!

As for the recruiting pipeline, I'd love for this to become an open discussion because I think you and are on the right page; if this is implemented poorly, it could ruin recruiting. Instead of just letting a player pick a state to add to their pipeline, I would suggest that they need to have a certain amount of players on their roster. That way a coach in Florida, couldn't just add Texas to their pipeline, they would need to actively recruit it first. Could they just simply find a few crappy players to meet the minimum pipeline requirement? Sure, but if a coach is willing to take that hit, so be it.

8/6/2016 10:05 PM
A very good read sir! I agree with you on pretty much everything.
8/6/2016 11:01 PM
Posted by spcbuzzard on 8/6/2016 9:13:00 PM (view original):
No, I am not in favor of expanding rosters at all. That would exacerbate the gulf between the best teams and the rest.
8/7/2016 12:12 PM
Posted by awags on 8/6/2016 9:47:00 PM (view original):
I don't mind that it has been made a simpler level. However I have no interest in playing the game that way and think the 1st season at D3 should be free or allow veteran coaches to skip it when entering a new world.
Agreed. It's frustrating to have to play at that level as a veteran coach entering a new world.

Frankly, I think a veteran coach should be able to enter new worlds at the level of highest attainment they have in other worlds.
8/7/2016 12:16 PM
The idea of a second recruiting class is outstanding. However, I think it would be best to not implement that over all worlds. I'm sure there are those that, like me, cannot get enough of GD, and the idea of looking ahead to see what will be available next season would greatly influence the way they recruit the current class. But, I'm sure there are those who don't have the time or inclination to devote to more strategizing.
8/7/2016 12:54 PM
Posted by vhoward415 on 8/7/2016 12:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by awags on 8/6/2016 9:47:00 PM (view original):
Agreed. It's frustrating to have to play at that level as a veteran coach entering a new world.

Frankly, I think a veteran coach should be able to enter new worlds at the level of highest attainment they have in other worlds.
A veteran coach should be allowed to skip D-III that's it. How is it fair for a coach to take over a non-elite team, build that team into championship form only to have a coach from another world racking up titles at Texas take the FSU job? Rules would have to be in place to prevent things like this form happening.
8/7/2016 1:02 PM
Easily fixed tampa.. you would only allow them to sign up for the lowest level possible in that division.

This is already in place for the most part.. if you have the bare minimum number of wins to enter D1AA you can only apply for jobs at a school that has not been successful recently. For example: At 40 wins I could apply to Eastern Washington but not Drake. At D1A you can only go to a midmajor.
8/7/2016 1:23 PM
Posted by genuvar on 8/7/2016 1:23:00 PM (view original):
Easily fixed tampa.. you would only allow them to sign up for the lowest level possible in that division.

This is already in place for the most part.. if you have the bare minimum number of wins to enter D1AA you can only apply for jobs at a school that has not been successful recently. For example: At 40 wins I could apply to Eastern Washington but not Drake. At D1A you can only go to a midmajor.
Yea that's what I was thinking but they would only be able to enter at the mid-major level. You could have 100 NCs across other worlds, but only Mid-Major for you here and not even a relatively good one. Each world is different and every couch entering should be required to put in some leg work or what's the point of having different worlds?
8/7/2016 3:03 PM (edited)
Posted by strieffman on 8/7/2016 12:54:00 PM (view original):
The idea of a second recruiting class is outstanding. However, I think it would be best to not implement that over all worlds. I'm sure there are those that, like me, cannot get enough of GD, and the idea of looking ahead to see what will be available next season would greatly influence the way they recruit the current class. But, I'm sure there are those who don't have the time or inclination to devote to more strategizing.
The "looking ahead" would be PURELY optional.
8/7/2016 5:42 PM
123 Next ▸
My GD Wishlist Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.