Are We Watching Any Hall of Fame Hurlers? Topic

8/8/2016 1:13 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
It's hard to predict what'll happen with the steroid guys (Clemens, Bonds, A-Rod being at the top of the list). My best guess is the ones with the stats will get in eventually once voters feel they've waited out enough years as "punishment."

I was happy to see this writer's comments on Roy Halladay, whose career I followed very closely:

I do think Halladay will be a solid candidate. He has solid credentials, including 2 Cy Young awards (one in each league), 2 more runner-up finishes, a perfect game, a postseason no-hitter, an 8-time All-Star, and had several seasons leading the league in various categories ranging from wins to innings pitched to K/BB ratio. Working against him is that he struggled some with injuries and his career ended a bit abruptly, and his final win total of 203 isn’t very impressive on its own (although, with a 203-105 tally, his .659 winning percentage is among the top 20 figures among retired pitchers). I think he’ll get in, though I’m not sure it will be on the first ballot.

Halladay's one of my all-time favorite players, so I'm cheering for him to get in.
8/8/2016 4:20 PM
i feel absolutely certain he gets in...as easily as a glavine or a smoltz.....in his era 203 wins is very good.....and he was one of the true character guys which has value in baseball......i think he is first ballot.
8/8/2016 5:22 PM
Are We Watching Any Hall of Fame Hurlers? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.