Rejected CV's when recruiting a player Topic

I have noticed that some players are more likely to reject regardless of distance and prestige of my team. I have finished in the championship 2 years ago, and I just missed final 4 this year, so it's not like my team is a bottom feeder. I have noticed that certain player's (undecided) just refuse to take my visits, and the messages state that they are pretty much too good for my school. The funny thing is, I just continue to send cv's every round 1 at a time, until eventually they accept and turn green. I've seen it take up to 14 attempts before, but what I find fascinating is that eventually they take the visit and accept. It would make sense if this would happen closer to the end of recruiting, but I've seen it happen and continue to send 1 at a time, and have seen them accept on the 2nd day, so it definitely isn't just that they are holding out for better opportunities from higher divisions.

Anyhow, I've also noticed that when in a recruiting battle, that when you are far behind you tend to get more CV's rejected. This is just a theory I have with out a whole bunch of data to prove it, but it hasn't failed me yet, if I'm deep in a battle and the recruit rejects CVs, 100% of the time when I send scholarship I'm losing the battle.

Does anyone know the formula they use for deciding if a player accepts your CV's? or at least link me to some dev chat where they discuss how they make this decision?

Thanks
8/10/2016 4:57 AM
I have found that trying to predict which players will refuse my CV offers is about as futile as predicting what any of my 3 ex-wives is thinking or is going to do or say on any given day.
8/11/2016 8:56 AM
Posted by bofreedom on 8/11/2016 8:56:00 AM (view original):
I have found that trying to predict which players will refuse my CV offers is about as futile as predicting what any of my 3 ex-wives is thinking or is going to do or say on any given day.
They just stand around stirring a boiling kettle while dressed in black with pointy hats thinking of ways to help your teams .
8/11/2016 10:19 AM
I believe that your prestige level and reputation/loyalty play a role in what you describe tied into vision. Once I have been at a team for a while with max rep and high prestige I never see those rejections as you describe. Sure, I may get a CV or two rejected but not the long drawn out effort to just get a recruit to look my way.

i generally moved on from those players because it always takes a lot to sign them. I just spent $17k on a RB at D1-AA with a an A- rep and very likely close to the minimum prestige. There was only 1 other coach and after sending multiple 1 CV visits he never turned even yellow despite repeated and continuous recruiting efforts. He rejected 27 campus visits and accepted 15. I only kept after him as he was under 300 miles and tied for #1 in my RB rankings.
8/14/2016 4:20 PM
Rejected CV's when recruiting a player Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.