New Recruiting Question Topic

How are we handling early entries? Some schools essentially know in advance they will have early entries and recruit over the top of the departing talent. How is that handled? This could be a problem when you have multiples (for example, I had 5 EEs in season 78 Crum).
8/10/2016 12:28 PM
Seriously? 5 EEs in one season. In the new game, you probably won't be able to put yourself in that position. If you did...slaughterhouse. Brutal.
8/10/2016 12:32 PM
Lets just put it this way Kevin, you will have the opportunity to get the best DII players available in that second recruiting session after your EE's have left town. Teams that have players leave early are so far behind the pack when the second session begins, it is almost not worth the effort and frustration to sign higher tiered talent to replace them.

Overall I think Beta is taking something in the right direction. However, there are still far too many issues and bugs that need to be addressed before this is rolled out to all worlds. Not sure what to think at this point other than I am happy to not worry about EE's at Penn St.
8/10/2016 2:01 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
What is EE?
8/10/2016 3:16 PM
Man I wish I would have paid attention and accepted the Beta invite. I have no idea what to expect.
8/10/2016 4:20 PM
Posted by Arfy on 8/10/2016 3:16:00 PM (view original):
What is EE?
Early Entry... kids who leave early for the NBA draft
8/10/2016 4:27 PM
Posted by weirdrash on 8/10/2016 4:20:00 PM (view original):
Man I wish I would have paid attention and accepted the Beta invite. I have no idea what to expect.
Don't worry, you'll do fine. You have played HD long enough to know to ignore the "sky is falling" whiners. Take a look at the linked pages in the notice Seble put out this morning. You'll see that it is all pretty straightforward. Cheers!
8/10/2016 4:42 PM
Figure out how to win a NT game yet Spudtard?
8/10/2016 4:59 PM
wait what is that, oh nothing just some background noise.

"the sky is falling detractors" are busy complaining about nothing when they just don't have the talent, like us real HD playres do to compete they just want everything handed to them on a silver platter while us lowly D2/D3 schools have to scrap the bottom of the barrel for everything,
8/10/2016 5:51 PM
If recruiting is going to eat up a lot more time, than Houston, we have a problem. Many coaches run multiple teams. And manage to have lives--job, family, friends, other interests, etc. If you make HD coaching more time-consuming--and continuing recruiting will do that--then some guys are gonna give up some of their teams. Meaning less revenue for HD, and that is never good. Am saying that as a retired person that has no clear idea of the changes enacted, only the gloomy picture painted in the forums. What is happening is that one person's pet peeves are going to be reflected in changes most of us will not welcome. Sounds like sound business practice to me. But what do I know? Was US govt property for 35 years, which counts for nothing in the marketplace. Going to hunker down in D3 until all becomes clear.
TL
8/10/2016 9:26 PM
play nice now
8/10/2016 11:22 PM
naughty boy
8/10/2016 11:36 PM
See, I read the posts, think, and ask a question. It does look like this is a problem.

Easily fixed by eliminating EEs. Or by making a "public" projection of who is leaving early earlier on and adjusting resources accordingly. But it does seem like a solution is needed.
8/11/2016 9:08 PM
a lot of us suggested to seble having the EE's announced before the 1st recruiting period starts. He said he can't do that because EE's are affected based on postseason success. For the life of me I do not understand that. Just take that out of the EE equation. Having EE's announce after the 1st session is a much much bigger problem than not having postseason success of the player's school factored into whether or not they decide to leave.
8/11/2016 9:53 PM
12 Next ▸
New Recruiting Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.