If No HD Beta By Columbus Day, Then I Quit... Topic

I'm going in the other direction. After having played and recruited thru 4 seasons in HD, each time i return to Classic HD it seems like Atari in 1981. If HD doesn't switch over to the NuHD Beta version by Columbus Day, then I'm dropping my 3 teams and letting my credits that i don't have run out.

[Edited to remove non-humorous rant]
8/10/2016 4:16 PM (edited)
I thought we said beta supporters could read, you must've missed the giant memo. Screw those detractors they are just background noise complaining because they don't have the skill to compete in the vastly superior nuHD and want to whine and have everything handed to them like the commie freaks they are. right on brother
8/10/2016 2:35 PM
* places popcorn in microwave *
* waits for usual cast of people to berate me *
* waits for Spud to say something weird *
8/10/2016 2:36 PM
Yeh those freaking poaches ruining my recruiting classes, play the game right, hopefully they don't ruin everything in these last few recruiting seasons before I own them in nuHD
8/10/2016 2:40 PM
Edited my original post to remove unfunny rant.
Still, HD Classic plays like Atari 1981.
8/10/2016 2:42 PM
Posted by ettaxpress on 8/10/2016 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Yeh those freaking poaches ruining my recruiting classes, play the game right, hopefully they don't ruin everything in these last few recruiting seasons before I own them in nuHD
Columbus Day I'm leaving if we don't get Beta by then.
8/10/2016 2:47 PM
Posted by npb7768 on 8/10/2016 2:36:00 PM (view original):
+1

The change is going to be awesome. It's mobile friendly to bring in and keep new players, doesn't require me to stop showering for 3-4 days a month to scout/recruit and will add a little challenge. For the "free riders" and old timers who can't figure it out, good luck to you but the old HD was not able to bring in and keep new players. I tried to introduce it to some high school/college kids and they asked which "old school" game simulator it was running on.

8/11/2016 6:47 AM
Posted by kubasnack on 8/11/2016 6:47:00 AM (view original):
+1

The change is going to be awesome. It's mobile friendly to bring in and keep new players, doesn't require me to stop showering for 3-4 days a month to scout/recruit and will add a little challenge. For the "free riders" and old timers who can't figure it out, good luck to you but the old HD was not able to bring in and keep new players. I tried to introduce it to some high school/college kids and they asked which "old school" game simulator it was running on.

HD had more than enough opportunities to increase player retention...it's called "actually listening to the user base and making the straightforward (and in some cases almost universal) recommendations which emerge". Besides, you can make changes that allow for increases functionality across devices without completely gutting the game.

And why does everything computer related these days have to be for the freaking kids??? If you make a product directed largely at the youth, then you're probably gonna end-up with a childish game. Now, even a good portion of 40 year old's grew up being familiar with electronic games, and are computer literate, so you'll have excuse me for thinking that your suggestion of HD dropping everything just to make it more appealing to a bunch of 18 year old's sounds extremely over-simplistic and patronizing.
8/11/2016 8:05 AM (edited)
Posted by kubasnack on 8/11/2016 6:47:00 AM (view original):
+1

Or maybe they could have improved their marketing to actually attract new players. Unfortunately, now we will get a bunch of whiny kids who will play it a couple seasons and move onto the next hot thing or quit, because they don't know how to win a championship in season 1. The game was fine as is, evidenced by the number of coaches who have been playing it over 10 years. Problem is if noone knows the game exists, you can't replace those who eventually leave.
8/12/2016 10:48 PM (edited)
If No HD Beta By Columbus Day, Then I Quit... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.