Poll: Mood going into 3.0 Topic

I'm curious to get a general feel for how other coaches are feeling as we move toward 3.0
Votes: 252
(Last vote received: 8/29/2016 1:35 PM)
8/10/2016 5:16 PM
I dropped my Tark team, so I'm at 0, but I'm hopeful of rejoining someday.

Interested in seeing how the new system really works.
8/10/2016 5:28 PM
Accepting. Knew it was coming, not happy about it, but hopefully those who stay will enjoy it. I plan on finishing up when my last team rolls over, so 2 more Naismith seasons and another Crum season. Maybe it's time to finally buy OOTP 17 for my new hobby.
8/10/2016 5:30 PM
I read all the complaints and I just don't know if I am just that different or what, but I really like it and I'm looking forward to it.
8/10/2016 5:33 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 8/10/2016 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Accepting. Knew it was coming, not happy about it, but hopefully those who stay will enjoy it. I plan on finishing up when my last team rolls over, so 2 more Naismith seasons and another Crum season. Maybe it's time to finally buy OOTP 17 for my new hobby.
I highly recommend this, jsa. Truth be told, my interest in HD has waned significantly, due in part to OOTP 17 (and life but also the imminent release of HD 3.0). I joined an online OOTP league and have nearly forgotten about HD. Leaving is much easier because of it.
8/10/2016 5:40 PM
Thanks for killing my favorite game, uneble
8/10/2016 5:51 PM
I voted I'm leaving on accident, thought you meant leaving current HD and moving to HD3.0 which I'm excited for I think I have a chance at being good, in current HD it requires no talent and all those whiners want everything handed to them at the higher levels instead of earning it, this new update should let talent show which I have so I'm excited to take Toledo to the next level
8/10/2016 5:54 PM
i generally am ready to significantly cut back or retire from the game, but its not really driven by the update. i don't know what i think about the update. i do think there are some serious issues and disagree with the HV cap put in recently, but it is different enough that i accept that it may shake out differently than i think.

i will say, i enjoyed d2/d3 recruiting partly because i was in love with the game overall, when i started. however, over time, it became clear that it actually was really boring and ******. manually sifting through a whole nation's worth of recruits, sending 150 phone calls to find drop downs, i just didn't enjoy it. i wasn't a fan of d2/d3 recruiting in the potential era either, because i felt schools were too limited in their selections, and that regional competition became too important and hurt competitive conferences which is all i cared to be part of. overall, d2/d3 recruiting has never been good in my time here, in my assessment, and so i am totally open to the possibility that the update might make it better.

d1 recruiting, i've enjoyed for years, although i enjoyed it more before recruit gen came around. still, the current system is really unbalanced and not nearly as good as it could be. is the new system the answer? i don't know, but i'm not inherently opposed to a remake like i was in the beginning. recruiting is most folks' favorite part, they say. i would never say that, but i believed other folks, but also i think we define recruiting differently. to me, figuring out who you want, evaluating players, constructing a team, that is different from recruiting mechanics, and is the best part - and will remain fun even as recruiting mechanics are swapped out. i enjoyed d2/d3 thoroughly with what i now consider boring-as-hell recruiting mechanics. i enjoyed d1 pretty much recently with what i consider clearly broken recruiting mechanics. so, will the new mechanics be perfect? hell no. but does that mean the game won't still be fun? i don't buy that, either.

so, i think its worth giving the new system a fair shake - knowing that as with most fresh systems, two things are true - there will be a couple glaring imbalances/weaknesses, and a few key tweaks can probably offer substantial improvement.
8/10/2016 6:13 PM
I joined WIS/HD in 2008 Season 2 Phelan., I lived through the mess that was the new game engine. 3.0 is chasing away the core players and I am no exception. This will be the last season I am participating an ANY WIS sport. It is a shame that admin could not leave a good thing alone.
8/10/2016 6:18 PM
I am pessimistic but I will give each division a chance. I'm not going to throw away 12 years of HD without trying the new product in a competitive environment.

However, I will be judging the new game against the old one. If the new game is equal or better, I'm staying. If the new game proves to be less enjoyable, I won't continue paying for a diminished product.
8/10/2016 6:18 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I am very excited about the release. I actually added a team in Naismith today. I think the thing that appeals to me is that the old system had lost it's challenge to me. For example, last night, started recruiting for my LSU team in Tark. Had 4 openings. By 11 PM I had all 4 openings filled with 4-5 star players. No one wants to challenge me because I am an A+ and have a lot of cash and conference cash.

In the new game, you will not go unchallenged for a top player. There is a 20 HV limit on a player, with unlimited attention points. Promised starts and minutes are very important. Players have preferences which can help your team beat a higher prestige team, if combined with promises and lost of attention.

I am convinced that the great coaches and recruiters will still be just that. But, I think that it's going to make for some pretty interesting recruiting battles. Also, there's no bonus cash for conference post season success, so it's not in your best interest any more to try to not battle conference mates.
8/10/2016 7:21 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/10/2016 6:18:00 PM (view original):
I am pessimistic but I will give each division a chance. I'm not going to throw away 12 years of HD without trying the new product in a competitive environment.

However, I will be judging the new game against the old one. If the new game is equal or better, I'm staying. If the new game proves to be less enjoyable, I won't continue paying for a diminished product.
This sums up my views as well. I wasn't huge on playing in the beta, but I'll try it with my actual teams, at the actual level I play now. Of course, since a big chunk of the update is to bring back high DI schools back to the pack, I'm not sure that is a plus in any form.

I'm still of the opinion that there were more pressing issues that seble could have looked at, and a lot of the benefits of the update could have been incorporated in smaller chunks to the current system. There is no reason that preferences and promises couldn't have a bigger impact in the current system, in fact I had suggested that with support tickets 3-4 times during the long down time between updates, but when they were reviewing suggestions monthly.

So while I'll play HD3.0 when it's live, I suspect that I won't be here in a year.
8/10/2016 8:08 PM
Game was far from perfect, but "fixed" the wrong things in the wrong ways. Won't be spending any more money on HD, will either focus on HBD or just drop WIS altogether.
8/10/2016 8:09 PM
you can't say that seble doesn't have a sense of humor...my favorite part of the update announcement?.....

"Once the official update is in place across all worlds, marketing efforts will increase to bring new college basketball fans into the game."

F U C K_M E!!!!!

They'll need the extra marketing to make up the 30-40% of suckers - sorry - coaches not returning.
8/10/2016 8:10 PM
12345 Next ▸
Poll: Mood going into 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.