Poll: Mood going into 3.0 Topic

Posted by poncho0091 on 8/14/2016 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crazyivan on 8/10/2016 8:10:00 PM (view original):
you can't say that seble doesn't have a sense of humor...my favorite part of the update announcement?.....

"Once the official update is in place across all worlds, marketing efforts will increase to bring new college basketball fans into the game."

F U C K_M E!!!!!

They'll need the extra marketing to make up the 30-40% of suckers - sorry - coaches not returning.
Why didn't they do this to begin with. Years over years of non marketing effort, and then put the blame on the game. Were there things that could be fixed? sure, but the whole system didn't need this type of revamp.
yep
8/14/2016 4:30 PM
Feeling more & more pessimistic about it - Particularly with how my recent tickets with questions about it have been responded to. Crazy thing is that there are users on this forum who are much better ambassadors for the game than the people who actually run the site! If you are unkind to your customers & don't listen people will leave! Im letting my credits run out & then Im probably out after 10 years of playing!
8/15/2016 8:13 PM
Coming out of retirement to give HD another shot. I've long been a DI guy, but was frustrated with the predictability of recruiting. If you got the money, you get the recruits. I won a couple of NT's with Colorado and could've stayed and won more, but left for a mid major because the Big 6 gig just wasn't a challenge. However, competing against the Big 6 was next to impossible. So, I left. Just happened to check in last week and saw that 3.0 was coming. Now, I haven't seen the new game yet, but it looks as if recruiting will now require much more strategy than it ever has. Recruiting is at least half of the game, so I'm all in favor of a more thoughtful approach to it.

It sucks to see some of the names that will be leaving. Coaches that I've shared conferences with and have battled with (and likely lost to) in the past. However, there have been countless coaches who have left for the same reasons I left. It doesn't matter what WIS does, there will be turnover. But, with an aggressive marketing campaign and a more strategic approach to recruiting, I believe they can come out of this with more coaches than they've had in 8 or so years.

Then again, I might ditch the whole thing in a couple of months. ;)
8/16/2016 12:57 AM
Posted by kybucki on 8/15/2016 8:13:00 PM (view original):
Feeling more & more pessimistic about it - Particularly with how my recent tickets with questions about it have been responded to. Crazy thing is that there are users on this forum who are much better ambassadors for the game than the people who actually run the site! If you are unkind to your customers & don't listen people will leave! Im letting my credits run out & then Im probably out after 10 years of playing!
My honest question is this: what tone did the tickets take? Polite questions, or ...

what I often find people who say customer service didn't respond well eventually say they sent or said was some variation of "you suck, do you know how much you suck? Why won't you agree with me on how much you suck, I hate you." And then expect a positive response.

(Not saying you personally did this because I obviously don't know. This is more a general comment on the topic of interactions with customer service than you particularly. But I think people often need to remember that the customer representative at the other end answering questions is a person not a public utility, something that quite a few people seem to forget in their interactions.)

also my experience from havng worked in a retail environment.

to wit: I can't recall not getting an adequate answer to my question on any ticket. Sometimes it wasn't the answer I originally wanted, but it was an answer - sometimes the question might have to be clarified. Still, an answer.
8/16/2016 5:40 AM
Posted by arssanguinus on 8/16/2016 5:40:00 AM (view original):
My honest question is this: what tone did the tickets take? Polite questions, or ...

what I often find people who say customer service didn't respond well eventually say they sent or said was some variation of "you suck, do you know how much you suck? Why won't you agree with me on how much you suck, I hate you." And then expect a positive response.

(Not saying you personally did this because I obviously don't know. This is more a general comment on the topic of interactions with customer service than you particularly. But I think people often need to remember that the customer representative at the other end answering questions is a person not a public utility, something that quite a few people seem to forget in their interactions.)

to wit: I can't recall not getting an adequate answer to my question on any ticket. Sometimes it wasn't the answer I originally wanted, but it was an answer - sometimes the question might have to be clarified. Still, an answer.
That's been my experience as well. Sometimes it takes a couple of days, if it's not something urgent. I remember early on, one time I wanted to rescind a scholarship. I accidentally hit my best player, instead of the guy I meant to drop. Fortunately, they saw my CS report fast, and no one had made any effort for that guy, and they restored him to my team. So, that one jaded my opinion, in a good way. I have probably contacted them like 10-15 times over the years and never been dis-satisifed with the reply. But, I have been site mailing kybucki, and emailing with him, and I don't get the sense that he would have been they type that sent a really nasty email to them.
8/16/2016 8:50 AM
I played 14 seasons and was thinking of coming back. After researching the update including developer chats and forum threads (thank you chap for a terrific summery) I am not a fan. Never spent so much time here and not recruiting! But what truly disappoints me is the negative feeling in HD. Obviously there was a great deal of passion on both sides. I am actually glad I was not here, it must have been brutal based on what I have read.

What ever your decision stay or go, Live long and prosper.

hey I thought it was appropriate!

I think I just channeled Sheldon Cooper! :o
8/16/2016 11:40 AM
holy ****, the original poll has 216 responses or something, and those awful numbers have held. scary..
8/16/2016 12:07 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/16/2016 8:50:00 AM (view original):

That's been my experience as well. Sometimes it takes a couple of days, if it's not something urgent. I remember early on, one time I wanted to rescind a scholarship. I accidentally hit my best player, instead of the guy I meant to drop. Fortunately, they saw my CS report fast, and no one had made any effort for that guy, and they restored him to my team. So, that one jaded my opinion, in a good way. I have probably contacted them like 10-15 times over the years and never been dis-satisifed with the reply. But, I have been site mailing kybucki, and emailing with him, and I don't get the sense that he would have been they type that sent a really nasty email to them.
Not nasty in anyway - Honest questions. Just trying to understand but always getting one sentence answers that in one way or another contradict themselves. When I ask for clarification they just rehash the same "party lines" that don't make sense to me. The job logic on this game is nonsense & I'm not sure that even the developers understand it. If I'm a business owner & Im looking at data that shows that 49% of my customers are at least thinking about leaving. I would go WAY above and beyond to help people understand. Not here - They just don't listen, which is why they are in this mess! I hope the update is great, I really do I like the game but I don't have the time these days to spend much time on it. So I just don't want to learn a whole new system, its taken me 10 years to learn how to have teams consistently ranked & competitive. Not sure I have the energy to learn a whole new game especially since I didn't beta test and already feel way behind.
8/16/2016 1:48 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/16/2016 12:07:00 PM (view original):
holy ****, the original poll has 216 responses or something, and those awful numbers have held. scary..
Actually gotten worse. A few days ago all the options had about 20% each.

You'd think they'd go the other direction, since most of those still here have decided to keep playing.
8/16/2016 2:29 PM
I'm not sure I buy it. Are there really (now) 227 distinct people playing HD and voting in this poll...or does this just represent a bunch of people creating alt IDs and voting multiple times to skew the final result?
8/16/2016 4:35 PM (edited)

I once submitted a ticket that was time sensitive as it had to do with recruiting that was happening at that immediate point in time. I wrote it as professionally and as eloquently as I possibly could (I agree on people forgetting the tone of their OWN tickets that they submit). SEVENTEEN DAYS LATER, still with no response to the original ticket, I went ahead and closed it myself since that world was now about halfway through the regular season. My point is, they don't ALL get answered and even with a nicely written ticket you're still very likely to get a canned response from Customer Service. It really is a very weak part of the site here. Pretty unprofessional in the few times I've had to deal with them.
8/16/2016 3:19 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/16/2016 3:07:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure I buy it. Are there really (now) 227 distinct people playing HD and voting in this poll...or does this just represent a bunch of people creating alt IDs and voting multiple times to skew the final result?
I'd venture a guess that it's fairly close to 227 distinct people. probably not exact as several coaches have multiple ID's and probably voted in the poll. I have alt ID's myself but only voted the one time but I'd guess you'd have more than a handful that voted twice. To create an alt ID just to vote in a poll that no one in a supervisory position will even look at, let alone take seriously, just seems like a lot of work for nothing in return. I know it isn't hard to create more than one, just doesn't seem too likely to me personally. I'd bet that it's 185-190+ though.
8/16/2016 3:25 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 8/16/2016 3:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/16/2016 3:07:00 PM (view original):
I'd venture a guess that it's fairly close to 227 distinct people. probably not exact as several coaches have multiple ID's and probably voted in the poll. I have alt ID's myself but only voted the one time but I'd guess you'd have more than a handful that voted twice. To create an alt ID just to vote in a poll that no one in a supervisory position will even look at, let alone take seriously, just seems like a lot of work for nothing in return. I know it isn't hard to create more than one, just doesn't seem too likely to me personally. I'd bet that it's 185-190+ though.
Was about to say the same thing... seems like a lot of work to go through just to vote in a poll that probably won't really matter and is for purely conversation anyway. It's still not going to stop 3.0 from happening even it said 90% of people were leaving. The train is leaving the station, for better or for worse.

I voted cautiously optimistic btw.
8/16/2016 3:30 PM
I voted the middle option (#3) and I agree it would be oddball to register a bunch of alts just for that poll.

Plus, don't you need to have owned a team within the last year or two for your ID to have board privileges?
8/16/2016 3:45 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Poll: Mood going into 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.