cant seem to find how budget is figured in 3.0

currently in 2.0, most would agree that it is an advantage to have at least somewhat unbalanced classes (or even "superclass" 6-6-0-0"
in particular, will a zero class hold the same carryover advantage that it used to?
will a large class of 5 or 6 still gold an advatage due to bigger budget.

i have heard that recruiting and scouting budgets are differnt and something about attention points, and i can catch up with that later, but need to know some things now as signings are about to start in tark.
if i fill all my oprmnings i will have a zero class next season and normally that would be great. but maybe not so much now and having one or two walkons and a one or two man class next season is a better way to go?
8/10/2016 6:43 PM
There is no carry over if you fill your scholarships in the new release.

I cannot find the amounts for Recruiting or scouting. I know for Attention Points, every team has 20, and you get 20 extra per open scholarship. You can use these every cycle and move them around. For example, If you have 60 AP and put them on one player in the first cycle, and then move them to a different player in the second cycle, they have still accumulated on the first player. I found that the scouting budget was very adequate. The recruiting budget was decent as well.

I was able to land two 5 star recruits at Dartmouth, with a B prestige, with only 3 openings. The main way I did it was because so many of the features on my team matched up with what the player was looking for.

There is a limit of 20 HVs on one player, so having a ton of openings does not help that much in this case. You can't use all of those openings to outspend your opponent, although you would have 140 AP if you had 6 openings, so you do have an advantage there, if you keep them accumulating on one player.
8/10/2016 7:12 PM (edited)
Here are some other things that I will share about strategies of the new release:

Each player has preferences that he likes, so one good strategy is to find good players that match up well with your school. Last year, I landed a 5 Star PG with a C+ prestige. This year, two 5 star guys with a B prestige. Also focused most of my attention points on them.

Everyone is recruitable - even a 5 star guy can go to a D- team, but that would be pretty impossible. But if you find a player that matches up well with you on preferences, you have a decent shot at them.

Each player only accepts one CV from 5 schools

A team can only do 20 HVs on a player - so it’s not such a big deal if you are battling a team that has 6 openings because you can compete with them on equal footing. Also, a team can’t come in a the last cycle and do 150 HVs after a guy has been considering you all along.

You also have attention points that you can use on players. These are totally free. Every team gets 20, plus 20 per open scholarship. This is where you can sometimes beat out a more powerful team, if you use all of your AP on one guy. I think that 20 AP = 1 HV in terms of power, or it may be 60. You can sign a player using only AP and a scholarship.

If you offer playing time and a start at the beginning of recruiting to a player you know you want, then every HV and AP and CV after that point gets a multiplier, so you want to offer that early. Promises of PT and a start are very powerful.

You can recruit longer distances - 201 miles is not hardly more expensive than 199 and 361 is not a big jump from 359. If you find a player across the country that wants far from home, you have a shot at him, because of the 20 HV limit.

Cross country recruiting is possible, especially if the player wants to be far from home.

If you rescind a scholarship of a player you did not recruit, you get recruiting resources for them.

There is no penalty for walk-ons. You still get full resources.

Cycles are every 6 hours in recruiting

The first cycle starts at 8 AM and processes at 5 PM so you have 9 hours to get your first actions in.

Players are programmed to want to sign at different times - not everyone at all signs right away:
Whenever: Will now have about 50% chance of signing at some point in period 1 and 50% chance in period 2.

As Soon as Possible: Previously, these would sign almost definitely within 18 hours of the start of signings. I'm going to spread that out longer, so that they will definitely sign by the end of period 1, but not quite as quickly as they were.

By the end of period 1: Almost all will sign by the end of period 1, with odds increasing each cycle.

Late: None will sign in period 1, but almost all will sign by the end of period 2, with odds increasing each cycle.

Of course, anyone who hasn't signed already will sign on the very final cycle, regardless of tendency.

In cases where a team is chasing a recruit from a higher division, interest level is now limited to Moderate until the start of the second recruiting period in cases where it's a one-division difference, or until the final 24 hours of recruiting if it's a D3 team and a D1 recruit. This means they will not sign until that point, because you have to have them at High or Very High interest to sign. On the final recruiting cycle, if a recruit has no valid offers from teams at High or Very High, he will accept an offer from a team at a lower interest level. So he would first look for a team at Moderate, then if there were none there, he would move on to Low, then to Very Low.

Occasionally a team with "High" interest will beat a team with "Very High". The odds are not favorable, but it can and does happen.

Human coached teams will now auto-sign players after recruiting ends to get to 3 openings or less. So, if a team has 5 openings, they would auto-sign 2 players.
8/10/2016 7:03 PM (edited)
Your scouting budget and recruiting budget is also separate.

No carry over, so use much as needed
8/10/2016 7:23 PM
To answer the OPs question on resources:

Note: Maximum of 6 opening limits still in place

Scouting Budget:

Division 1: 35K base + 4K per opening
Division 2: 25K base + 3K per opening
Division 3: 15K base + 2K per opening

The above values were adjust down by 5K late in the BETA.

Attention Points:

20 Base + 20 per opening across all divisions

Recruiting Budget:

Division 1: 5K base + 3K per opening
Division 2: 3K base + 2K per opening
Division 3: 1K base + 1K per opening

You will *NOT* get any resources if you cut a player you recruited (if SIM recruited or by another coach you will receive resources). You only get those resources at the start of the 2nd recruit period however since that is when you can cut players.

Seble's original post proposing changing to a base model for resources.

Subsequent post indicating a reduction of 5K for scouting.
8/10/2016 7:39 PM (edited)
Also - the costs for home visits are less.

Here are some examples

MILEAGE - OLD GAME$ - NEW GAME$
160 - $333 - $248
335 - $441 - $300
810 - $805 - $443
1555 - $1241 - $666

There is no big change when you go over 200 or 360 miles any more.

Notice also that in the figures Buddhagamer cites above, that a team with twice as many openings will not have twice as much cash. Teams with fewer openings can compete more easily in the beta. For example in D1 with one opening you have $8,000 and with 2 openings you have $11,000.

Attention points can be fairly powerful.
8/10/2016 7:41 PM (edited)
chapelhillne, that's an excellent summary, very thorough.

"If you offer playing time and a start at the beginning of recruiting to a player you know you want, then every HV and AP and CV after that point gets a multiplier, so you want to offer that early. Promises of PT and a start are very powerful."

I believe the "multiplier" is in the form of a better Preference match if the recruit wants to play, otherwise no effect. I haven't seen anything that suggests any one preference type is more important than any other.
8/10/2016 8:42 PM (edited)
thanks fellas, and thanks chap for nice summary writeup in your post
8/14/2016 7:11 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.