Guide to the New HD 3.0 release Topic

chap very well done. You have put a tremendous amount of time and effort into the summery. I have no doubt it will aid in the transition.
After reading the summery in detail my decision to retire is validated.

I wish all the coaches who are staying the best and many seasons of enjoyment.
8/16/2016 7:48 AM
Posted by dpm1227 on 8/16/2016 7:48:00 AM (view original):
chap very well done. You have put a tremendous amount of time and effort into the summery. I have no doubt it will aid in the transition.
After reading the summery in detail my decision to retire is validated.

I wish all the coaches who are staying the best and many seasons of enjoyment.
Thanks dpm - will miss you. Hopefully you have a couple of years of credit and will enjoy it enough to continue once you try it. One thing I like as well is the new look of the site. It looks a lot more sleek, for lack of a better term.
8/16/2016 8:44 AM
Posted by spookg on 8/16/2016 1:13:00 AM (view original):
Thanks Chapel for the work! This is awesome and I'm looking forward to 3.0.
Thanks spook - I think I have been in a conference with you before. If you are in one of the worlds and decisions I am in maybe we can schedule a game.
8/16/2016 8:45 AM
Bump, since HD 3.0 starts in a couple of hours. The recruiting period will happen like a normal recruiting period, but after that happens, there will be a pause, and then scouting will begin in the new HD 3.0 engine.
8/16/2016 4:51 PM
Reminder - Remember when recruiting that after recruiting ends, you will not have any carry-over money, even if you fill all of your scholarships. So, you may as well spend it all.
8/16/2016 7:02 PM
Nice work chapel! Very thorough!

On the dropdown/pulldown piece, I think it might be helpful if you also explain that while you will not change from moderate to high/very high until the 2nd cycle (or last day of 2nd cycle) you are STILL earning credit on that recruit. And even though you are moderate, if you pump effort into the recruit, you will keep the other teams low/very low. It's not like this effort is being wasted.

I'd also organize that section a bit differently because it's not super clear on the D3 recruiting D2 guys. I think it should be something like

D1 teams- Can sign any recruit during either session.
D2 teams- Can sign D2 and D3 recruits during either session. Can only sign D1 recruits in 2nd session.
D3 teams- Can sign D3 recruits during either session. Can only sign D2 recruits during 2nd session. Can only sign D1 recruits during last 24 hours of 2nd session.
8/18/2016 8:10 AM
Thanks Benis,

I think those things are very helpful and better worded than what I had. I went ahead and incorporated them.
8/18/2016 11:16 AM
thanks for all the time and effort chapelhillne.....OK to sitemail you with any problems/thoughts when I go thru this the first time?
8/19/2016 12:54 PM
thank you for pinning this! next step is to pin chap's new mentor guide!
8/19/2016 12:59 PM
Wooden 3.0 will start on Tuesday morning!
8/20/2016 5:47 PM
Great job gentlemen. Thanks.

But a rhetorical question - Why isn't WIS doing something like this??
8/21/2016 5:33 PM
did i read something somewhere that nonqualifiers will practice now? lot of info for one day to process..thanks for all the help to everyone
8/21/2016 8:30 PM
Posted by bigdino21 on 8/21/2016 8:30:00 PM (view original):
did i read something somewhere that nonqualifiers will practice now? lot of info for one day to process..thanks for all the help to everyone
I don't remember hearing that bigdino.
8/21/2016 10:41 PM
Posted by smackawits on 8/19/2016 12:54:00 PM (view original):
thanks for all the time and effort chapelhillne.....OK to sitemail you with any problems/thoughts when I go thru this the first time?
Sure - I am happy to answer any questions, and there is also a link to a forum post with names of other coaches who were in Beta and would be glad to help.
8/21/2016 10:42 PM
Chap, you're my hero. In terms of D3 recruiting in 3.0, are you finding that strategically it is better for a team to scout nearby D1-D2 and focus on those levels early, using D3 recruits as a fall-back? Or are there viable recruits at the D3 level?
8/22/2016 11:34 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...14 Next ▸
Guide to the New HD 3.0 release Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.