enjoy the new game tex
8/11/2016 9:53 AM
I have some excellent swamp land in Florida to sell you........
Feel free to post back in 6 months after this mysterious mass advertising campaign brings in all these new users.

Use the same username.
8/11/2016 9:54 AM
It all comes down to marketing, which has never been a strength for WIS. Got to make those users aware of the game first. Then we'll see who is right and who is wrong.
8/11/2016 9:58 AM
"There will be a ton of new users..."

other than blind hope what empirical data is there to support this?

And don't use "the game was dying anyway" line, while worlds slowly declined the people keeping the game alive are the same people who are now leaving.

I'll wait for the data.
8/11/2016 9:59 AM
That was immature.
8/11/2016 9:59 AM
Not only is the OPs post not backed up by any evidence it actually contradicts actual facts. Management doesn't promote the game. When a friend of mine quit a year ago, he got emails saying to come back and play. It touted the "new" potential system and other additions that have been in the game for almost 10 years. It was obvious no one had updated the automated email for at least 6 years.

Thats how little they've put into this game. I prefer to go on history and evidence, but being doped on hope can be fun too I suppose.
8/11/2016 10:12 AM
thank you for cementing home that this is not the place for me anymore. I won't miss you either. HD, yes, but I won't think of you at all...
8/11/2016 10:21 AM
People have been asking for a mobile app for years, so overhauling the user interface to make it more mobile friendly is something that almost nobody here would strongly object to. Its all the other nonsense, that nobody asked for and currently only 12% openly welcome, that's the problem.

So, if you were trying to make yourself look like a clown, then you did a pretty god job.
8/11/2016 10:22 AM
Posted by texrangers19 on 8/11/2016 9:49:00 AM (view original):
You will be replaced.

People like doing **** on their mobile phone. I for one am against any type of gaming on a mobile phone. That is what pc's are for...However, there will be a ton of new users as soon as ESPN/FOX starts broadcasting live midnight madness events to kick off the college basketball season. They will all be mobile users. So while you guys are still fuming because the game engine was changed we will still be here playing a game we enjoy albeit one where you recruit differently...oh wait, the game engine wasn't changed?

No doubt some of you will be back. Just use the same username so we can say I told you so.
Says the guy with >1500 wins and 0 championships. Maybe with half of the owners leaving you can change that statistic. Good luck against the sims.
8/11/2016 10:47 AM
The beta was free to play and most coaches still abandoned their teams within a couple seasons.
8/11/2016 11:36 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/11/2016 11:36:00 AM (view original):
The beta was free to play and most coaches still abandoned their teams within a couple seasons.
I feel like that has been a huge elephant in the room, and surprised that it didn't cause more of an uproar than it did. Seriously, a large portion of the most active user base abandoned their beta teams...they literally couldn't give it away.
8/11/2016 11:58 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 8/11/2016 11:58:00 AM (view original):
I feel like that has been a huge elephant in the room, and surprised that it didn't cause more of an uproar than it did. Seriously, a large portion of the most active user base abandoned their beta teams...they literally couldn't give it away.
The deck was stacked with the beta toward the appearance of parity with the bizarre decision to seemingly start the world with d1 prestiges random, combine that with the awful attrition of coaches and abandonment of teams and the beta results really don't correlate to current HD d1 at all. The beta was more effective in identifying bugs in the literal design than it was in charting a predictable new trajectory for the game, other than that randomness and parity seem to be hoped for goals. People who liked the beta are liking just that, only the beta, not necessarily the new game.
8/11/2016 12:07 PM
Beta was to see and work on the new system. I will enter BETA with four teams but to be honest, there are three things that I still dislike.

1) No conference money.
2) Scouting altogether
3) Some randomness ( it did shrink) in recruits decision to sign (time of signing, team selected)
8/11/2016 12:16 PM
The reason I might stop playing the game is not this one change, but rather the pattern of rash decisions by admin over the years. Rash decision #1 opening up about a billion worlds when the game was new...this led to ghost worlds populated mostly by sims and has been a drag on HD ever since. #2 Overhauling the game to make fastbreak and press impossible to win with. This change was reversed after several seasons, but for those like me, who had teams run into the ground, it left a bad taste in the mouth. I dropped all but one of my teams as a result. #3 Overhauling the game with super-recruits and potentials...reasoning that too many coaches were having success with mid-major teams admin set up 2.0 which effectively ended the chances of winning with a team outside the power conferences. I had a very competitive Indiana State team ruined by that one. Now intending to pull a 180 and end the domination of the power conferences we have 3.0 which is the biggest departure yet from the original product. While change and improvement is great, I am sick of WIS doing nothing with HD for years then jumping in and totally changing the game WITHOUT SUFFICIENT TESTING. I have not yet decided that this company is not worth supporting anymore...but I am thinking about it.
8/11/2016 12:26 PM
Posted by vandydave on 8/11/2016 12:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 8/11/2016 11:58:00 AM (view original):
The deck was stacked with the beta toward the appearance of parity with the bizarre decision to seemingly start the world with d1 prestiges random, combine that with the awful attrition of coaches and abandonment of teams and the beta results really don't correlate to current HD d1 at all. The beta was more effective in identifying bugs in the literal design than it was in charting a predictable new trajectory for the game, other than that randomness and parity seem to be hoped for goals. People who liked the beta are liking just that, only the beta, not necessarily the new game.
Yes, this remains my #1 concern: the beta phase didn't test the trajectory over multiple seasons at all, when the trajectory is the whole point of the game.
8/11/2016 12:37 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.