Continued Beta Testing Topic

It actually might explain the few changes over the years, no one knew how to work with tarek's code (can't imagine they were prohibited) - what it doesn't explain is the lack of communication with owners about the direction and needs of new HD
8/12/2016 9:07 AM
Posted by taniajane on 8/12/2016 9:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/12/2016 9:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 8/12/2016 8:50:00 AM (view original):
what i believe seble stated in the past was that neither he nor wis had the ability to work with or re-write the old code. now i'm not a computer guy, but if that was the situation i was in i would find/hire somebody who could work with the old code. but instead we get new HD.
Fascinating. Maybe that is a clause from Tarek's buyout...FOX is prohibited from altering the existing code? If they want to update the game they need to start from scratch.
GoMiami: That doesnt explain the few changes that have been made over the years to the game.
Yeah...I just can't understand why a software engineer can't work with or re-write a code they own the rights to? Latin has been a dead language for centuries and there are still plenty of people who can read, write and speak it.
8/12/2016 9:12 AM
I swear seble once stated they couldn't fix recruit gen because the code was too complicated, but I never saved it and I brought it up and seble then said he never said that and that recruit gen just wasn't a priority.

But I'd lean towards seble just not being capable
8/12/2016 11:05 AM
Posted by ettaxpress on 8/12/2016 11:05:00 AM (view original):
I swear seble once stated they couldn't fix recruit gen because the code was too complicated, but I never saved it and I brought it up and seble then said he never said that and that recruit gen just wasn't a priority.

But I'd lean towards seble just not being capable
wis/seble 100% said this.

If I ran a Ford dealership I'd make sure my mechanics could fix Ford vehicles.
8/12/2016 11:21 AM
After five years of studying it the code is still too complicated...did Tarek write the software engineer's version of the Riemann hypothesis?
8/12/2016 12:14 PM
I feel like a broken record here....but either eliminating Level 1, or making it more useful would make scouting a much better process. It's a 75% to 25% split on a recent poll that lower levels of scouting need to be simpler, more user friendly, and more meaningful. I can't push it every day in the beta test forums like before (due to real life job time constraints), but I believe that it would be the largest and most obvious fix to the beta that would have a positive domino effect on other issues.
8/12/2016 12:25 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Continued Beta Testing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.