Changes to ""distance" factor in recruiting in 3.0 Topic

Is it harder/easier/the same as far as recruiting recruits from far away?

I always thought it was WAY too imbalanced for close to home in recruiting. Top programs should be able to recruit all around the country for certain guys. Am hoping they made distance less of a factor. Thoughts?
8/11/2016 7:44 PM
That has definitely happened!
8/11/2016 7:46 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/11/2016 7:46:00 PM (view original):
That has definitely happened!
"Top programs should be able to recruit all around the country for certain guys" is a nice thought, but it isn't the case yet in D2/D3. Still too little in the recruiting budgets for that kind of expenditure to be prudent.
8/11/2016 7:57 PM (edited)
Coachspud in the current game it is much easier to recruit nationwide in d2 and d3 than in d1 if you are patient and know what you are doing. Did the new update make this harder at those levels?
8/11/2016 8:52 PM
piman, scouting at distances isn't difficult at D2/D3, and there is enough budget to do a reasonable job of it. However, recruiting budgets (separate from scouting budgets) are very constrained. Not only that, but if you are trying to get a low D1- projected recruit at a D2 school, or a D2- projected recruit at a D3 school, you have to deal with the factor that you cannot sign him until the second session no matter how hard ($) you recruit him and no matter how good your preferences match is. You either have to put resources into him in the first session and hope for the best or wait to recruit him until the second session. If you put resources into him and any D1 school takes a real interest in him, he's gone to the D1 school and your resources are gone with him. The budgetary and prestige differences are that great, and on top of that Seble put in a "division factor" to even further separate the divisions. Of course, the D1 coaches like that so you don't hear about it in the forums.
8/11/2016 10:24 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 8/11/2016 10:26:00 PM (view original):
piman, scouting at distances isn't difficult at D2/D3, and there is enough budget to do a reasonable job of it. However, recruiting budgets (separate from scouting budgets) are very constrained. Not only that, but if you are trying to get a low D1- projected recruit at a D2 school, or a D2- projected recruit at a D3 school, you have to deal with the factor that you cannot sign him until the second session no matter how hard ($) you recruit him and no matter how good your preferences match is. You either have to put resources into him in the first session and hope for the best or wait to recruit him until the second session. If you put resources into him and any D1 school takes a real interest in him, he's gone to the D1 school and your resources are gone with him. The budgetary and prestige differences are that great, and on top of that Seble put in a "division factor" to even further separate the divisions. Of course, the D1 coaches like that so you don't hear about it in the forums.
I ******* dare you to answer this question honestly (without bringing any other bullshit into the convo): would you honestly go to a D3 or D2 school if you got a ride from a D1 program??? However,, since you simultaneously LOVE and HATE reality whenever it happens to be expedient for you, it' will be hard for almost anyone to tell whether you are lying, or not...hell, maybe you don't even know.
8/11/2016 10:41 PM
Posted by piman314 on 8/11/2016 8:52:00 PM (view original):
Coachspud in the current game it is much easier to recruit nationwide in d2 and d3 than in d1 if you are patient and know what you are doing. Did the new update make this harder at those levels?
I never really tried at D2 in the current game. However, my opinion would be it would be easier. Most of my recruits at D2 and at D3 were D1 players signed with just attention points. I stayed fairly local though. But since Attention Points are free, if I had scouted other areas, I think it could be done. However the cost to scout to Level 4 where you have all of the info is expensive at a long distance for a D3 team. Not so much at D2 - you could scout long distances there. The other thing is, there are not as many humans in Beta, so I don't think we will really know the answer to this until it goes live.

My thinking is why bother though, if you can get really good players that are close to you.
8/11/2016 11:34 PM
current version

cheap distance scouting, expensive recruiting

new version

expensive distance scouting cheaper recruiting
8/11/2016 11:47 PM
Changes to ""distance" factor in recruiting in 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.