Timing of rollover and recruiting $ carryover? Topic

Two questions about rollover process:

1. Please clarify exactly when each world will roll over. I realize Wooden is first, but who is second, third, etc.

2. What will happen with left over recruiting money from HD 2.0? Will that carry over to HD 3.0? If a coach is going to lose the money, obviously the incentive is to spend it all. Please clarify.

Thanks!
8/11/2016 9:39 PM
Carry over goes away with the new release so spend away. The end of the next recruiting period marks the cut over to 3.0. They will switch the UI to the new version ahead of exhibition games by the sound of it. Since scouting and recruiting budgets are separate carryover is less valuable in the new version anyway.
8/11/2016 10:04 PM
Here is what I believe will happen in Wooden, and then future worlds. We will recruit as normal at the beginning of the season, since we will have depleted rosters. The season will start. Scouting will begin early in the season. Recruiting for the following year will begin later in the season, and the second session of recruiting will happen after the season ends. So any carry over from last year will still be there in the transition year.
8/11/2016 10:06 PM
Carl - In Naismith and Phelan, you will have Carry over at the end of this season, so do not spend away, if that is part of your strategy. At the beginning of next year, you'll have the carry over for the beginning of the year recruiting. Once that recruiting is done, you won't need to try to factor that in.
8/11/2016 10:08 PM
I don't think so, you will enter exhibition with full rosters and full budgets for both scouting and recruiting in the new version. In season scouting will commence immediately. Your budgets will be set based on the new system with no dollars from the old.
8/11/2016 10:10 PM
I disagree because the rosters will not be full. Res have already left my Illinois team. The roster has to be full through regular recruiting before they can start in season recruiting. What about all of the seniors that graduate? How would the rosters be full, unless they just put random players on each team.
8/11/2016 11:39 PM
well good thing they did a good job explaining it to everyone... just another example of how well they run their game.

honestly at this point I think seble is just that creepy weirdo at the office that no one likes and his punishment is to have to work on WIS so he just tries to do it as little as possible and get it over with quickly so he can go back to staring at Lisa's cleavage the next desk over. you can't be a function human being and repeatedly suck so much.
8/12/2016 12:28 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/11/2016 11:39:00 PM (view original):
I disagree because the rosters will not be full. Res have already left my Illinois team. The roster has to be full through regular recruiting before they can start in season recruiting. What about all of the seniors that graduate? How would the rosters be full, unless they just put random players on each team.
The roster will be full at the end of recruiting on the old version. We are recruiting in Naismith right now. When it ends, we will be switched to 3.0. All rosters will be full at that time,cash balances will be based on the new system and the old system cash vaporized.
8/12/2016 4:14 AM
seble said Wooden is the first world to switch, not naismith or others
8/12/2016 6:05 AM
None of the money you have will be there when the world rolls over. Once you are done recruiting and are ready to start exhibition, you will have a full roster. The world will be paused and converted. When Exhibitions start, you will have a scouting budget (based on how many seniors you have) and a recruiting budget (again based on how many seniors you have). Scouting starts as soon as the exhibition season starts. You will have the few weeks to scout and then recruiting begins with about 5 games left in your regular season for the 1st session. 1st Session ends right before the conference tournaments. You can continue to scout the whole time. After the NT ends, second recruiting season begins (money for scouting and recruiting is added based on attrition (cuts, EE, etc) You DON'T get new money for those seniors. Once Second season is done with, all extra money goes away and when the next season starts, the whole process begins over. Instead of carryover money, there is a big bonus in recruiting for your and your league's prestige as well as your level (D1,D2,D3)

The big thing to prepare for is anticipating your losses from cuts, EE. You can recruit and get guys interested in the first session who won't sign until second and then when your guys leave, you can try to sign those guys and be ahead of the game.
8/12/2016 6:33 AM
Posted by favre3xmvp on 8/12/2016 4:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/11/2016 11:39:00 PM (view original):
The roster will be full at the end of recruiting on the old version. We are recruiting in Naismith right now. When it ends, we will be switched to 3.0. All rosters will be full at that time,cash balances will be based on the new system and the old system cash vaporized.
I don't think we will be switched to 3.0 until next season in Naismith and Phelan. They said Wooden will be the first. Since Naismith and Phelan have already started, Naismith (being a 1 a day world) will be last. Phelan will probably happen before one of the one a day worlds that just started, as will talk, since it just started recruiting.
8/12/2016 7:38 AM
I am going to ask this in the Beta forums and get the answer though, because I could be wrong. I hope I am. That's one reason I picked Montana State, since it has 6 seniors.
8/12/2016 7:39 AM
HEY! Recruiting will happen one final time under the "Old" system in all worlds. So, the rollover/bonus cash will be there. That includes Phelan, Tark & Naismith. The first one to switch is Wooden, then Rupp...spend all your money! Here is the timeline for signup (after which the final "old" recruiting will occur) before the update:
Wooden 89 Preparing to start Season 90 Mon, Aug. 15
Rupp 89 Preparing to start Season 90 Tue, Aug. 16
Knight 97 Regular Season Wed, Aug. 24
Allen 87 Regular Season Sat, Sep. 3
Smith 89 Regular Season Wed, Sep. 7
Tarkanian 117 Recruiting Fri, Sep. 9
Phelan 97 Recruiting Fri, Sep. 9
Iba 88 Regular Season Wed, Sep. 14
Crum 84 Regular Season Sat, Sep. 17
Naismith 90 Recruiting Wed, Sep. 28
8/12/2016 9:51 AM
After Naismith rolls, it would be great if WIS release an 11th HD world (2/day). My nominees for the name are:
  1. Krzyzewski
  2. Valvano
  3. Calhoun
  4. Boeheim
  5. Olson
  6. Brown
  7. Chaney
  8. O'Bannon (to stick it in the NCAA's eye!)
8/12/2016 9:59 AM
Is for the clarification Rogelio.
8/12/2016 10:00 AM
12 Next ▸
Timing of rollover and recruiting $ carryover? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.