Beta registration Open Topic

Beta should have been open to all who wished to participate from the beginning. Ensuring no perception of WIS stacking the test with coaches who were pro change to test and give feedback.
8/13/2016 11:53 AM
I filed a ticket yesterday afternoon as well due to the run time error and I haven't heard a response.
8/13/2016 12:03 PM
Posted by dogsfan398 on 8/13/2016 11:53:00 AM (view original):
Beta should have been open to all who wished to participate from the beginning. Ensuring no perception of WIS stacking the test with coaches who were pro change to test and give feedback.
Just to ensure false information isn't being posited here, Beta was open to all who wished to participate from the beginning. There was a sign up on these forums; an invite was posted on the CCs; and no one was systematically excluded to ensure unfair reporting bias.

* Edited to remove that "EVERYONE who wanted in to the original testing was invited in" as everyone may not have gotten in due to technical issues - thank you for the correction dogsfan398
8/13/2016 7:38 PM (edited)
I posted a new thread in the beta forums so that if seble is checking it today he will know there are a few of you in this thread who would like to sign up for beta. Hopefully he'll respond.
8/13/2016 12:21 PM
You have no way of knowing that EVERYONE who signed up got invited in.

My request was never answered.

Beta testing should have been completely open and the reported sign in glitches should have been fixed immediately.

It should have been planned and executed much better.
8/13/2016 12:32 PM
It was opened up after season 3 (8?). I was able to create an ALT and take over a D3 team. Some of the openings or ALT creation in "test" had to be manually approved by seble. Something like that may be recurring.

I'm surprised if those that were previously signed up cannot sign in for a team in their original "test" ID, but that's possible too. Not sure.
8/13/2016 12:46 PM
That's a fair enough point. I'll retract the "EVERYONE". However, your original post still infers that WIS was selectively choosing who to admit and exclude to ensure positive feedback bias in the process and that is what I take issue with.

It is unfortunate if some people who wanted to participate couldn't due to technical issues, but technical issues aside does not mean the process wasn't open to all, nor does it mean that there was some form of systematic exclusion occurring.
8/13/2016 12:54 PM (edited)
Posted by possumfiend on 8/12/2016 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Well the roll out is still going on but seble said yesterday he'd probably keep the beta world open for another couple of seasons. Take that for what it's worth.
Seble has said that he will keep it up for a year in hoop dynasty.
8/13/2016 12:58 PM
Keep us updated if you hear back from seble. I'd like to get in on this.
8/13/2016 1:05 PM
Sorry to say that he did respond to the thread I posted in the test world as follows:

With changes to our test configuration, signing up for beta won't work any longer. At this point I don't think it's worth bringing in new testers.

8/13/2016 6:20 PM
That is very frustrating, especially when BETA registration was allegedly available.
8/13/2016 7:14 PM
Link doesn't work I couldn't register to beta anything!
8/13/2016 11:46 PM
"Just to ensure false information isn't being posited here, Beta was open to all who wished to participate from the beginning."

Correct. And additional people got into it in the first couple of seasons. Saying otherwise just isn't true.
8/14/2016 12:34 AM
Link didn't work and now they are no longer taking new coaches.
8/15/2016 5:58 PM
◂ Prev 12
Beta registration Open Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.