Beta registration Open Topic

You can sign up for a Beta team with a new ID. You have to do it by 4pm tomorrow. Click HERE.

Once there, choose College Basketball, and sign up for a team in the test world. Use the promo code HDBETA.

You should get a confirmation email (although if this is still being manually done, then it might take some time).
8/12/2016 3:21 PM (edited)
What's WIS still willing to potentially change?
8/12/2016 1:31 PM
Well the roll out is still going on but seble said yesterday he'd probably keep the beta world open for another couple of seasons. Take that for what it's worth.
8/12/2016 1:45 PM
Which do you want to hear? If I say plenty! You'll complain "why are they rushing it out!" If I said nothing. You'd complain "why bother".

My point is that many users have wished that they had signed up to find out how the update will play. At the very least, this would be an opportunity for a few to take it for a test-run in advance. That way those coaches wouldn't feel as though they were at a competitive disadvantage. The reality, of course, is that there will be plenty of time before 'scouting' needs to start in earnest. First week or two, just sign up for a public camp and otherwise ignore recruiting. It will play just like an improved version of what currently exists.

There are a few revisions re-balancing the cost of scouting actions that are new. Along with the functions allowing bulk scouting actions and re-assigning AP from the current attention/categories page. The more coaches get used to trying to work through scouting and assignment of AP efficiency and strategies, the better the rollout will work. I suspect that there is willingness to adjust the sorting functions on the recruiting pool page. The feedback has been all over the place, so I reckon it's hard to get a sense of whether that page is too confusing or inadequate. It's a little of both.
8/12/2016 1:49 PM
Agree rogelio. I don't think it's a bad thing to keep the beta open longer, particularly for those who want to try it out. I don't know how much "change" they're willing to make at this point, by and large I think the game is pretty set, but I think they do want to continue testing out some of the newer changes and use it to see how it impacts some of the potential revisions.

I'm not sure how many people will continue to participate in the beta though. It was already sparse so there is still a question of how much can be gleaned from the process if its a ghost town but I certainly think it's good for them to leave it open for anyone who might want to get one quick chance to test drive it before it rolls out.
8/12/2016 1:55 PM
Posted by rogelio on 8/12/2016 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Which do you want to hear? If I say plenty! You'll complain "why are they rushing it out!" If I said nothing. You'd complain "why bother".

My point is that many users have wished that they had signed up to find out how the update will play. At the very least, this would be an opportunity for a few to take it for a test-run in advance. That way those coaches wouldn't feel as though they were at a competitive disadvantage. The reality, of course, is that there will be plenty of time before 'scouting' needs to start in earnest. First week or two, just sign up for a public camp and otherwise ignore recruiting. It will play just like an improved version of what currently exists.

There are a few revisions re-balancing the cost of scouting actions that are new. Along with the functions allowing bulk scouting actions and re-assigning AP from the current attention/categories page. The more coaches get used to trying to work through scouting and assignment of AP efficiency and strategies, the better the rollout will work. I suspect that there is willingness to adjust the sorting functions on the recruiting pool page. The feedback has been all over the place, so I reckon it's hard to get a sense of whether that page is too confusing or inadequate. It's a little of both.
My question was reasonable.
8/12/2016 2:01 PM
How reasonable was it? I attempted to provide an honest answer. The answer is you can test-drive the game for free and there may be adjustments or changes made. The admin really isn't paying attention to these forums, as the postings are so wildly negative.

Many are attempting to find/suggest a solution to the EE issue. That is the most difficult issue at this point. Scouting in the game is comparatively easy. Recruiting is just going to be different. Time to let that go.
8/12/2016 2:22 PM (edited)
Posted by possumfiend on 8/12/2016 1:56:00 PM (view original):
Agree rogelio. I don't think it's a bad thing to keep the beta open longer, particularly for those who want to try it out. I don't know how much "change" they're willing to make at this point, by and large I think the game is pretty set, but I think they do want to continue testing out some of the newer changes and use it to see how it impacts some of the potential revisions.

I'm not sure how many people will continue to participate in the beta though. It was already sparse so there is still a question of how much can be gleaned from the process if its a ghost town but I certainly think it's good for them to leave it open for anyone who might want to get one quick chance to test drive it before it rolls out.
That last point is an issue. Folks that weren't paying much attention were booted only because they had not renewed using the Beta code. There is an open question whether the results in the Beta reflect what will happen in the real worlds.

I would guess that admin is betting that D3 teams trying to sign D1 talent are going to have their hat handed to them (by D2, if not D1 teams). If few rejoin, then it has got to be tricky to avoid over correcting. My thought has been, those new D3 users that will sign up in a month, may feel cheated when a D1 team that lost a battle, moves in earnest to take away a player that had been "theirs" since the beginning.
8/12/2016 2:26 PM
I am getting a run time error on the beta page. Have they shut it off.
8/12/2016 2:37 PM
Posted by ewchippe on 8/12/2016 2:37:00 PM (view original):
They're probably just tinkering. It's a test server after all. Give it a few.
8/12/2016 2:42 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/12/2016 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ewchippe on 8/12/2016 2:37:00 PM (view original):
They're probably just tinkering. It's a test server after all. Give it a few.
same problem, I hope they tinker fast, only an hour remaining.
8/12/2016 2:56 PM
The beta signup page says the deadline is August 13 4PM. Rogelio, you're sure the deadline is actually today?
8/12/2016 3:02 PM
if you continue to have issues send in a ticket. seble was pretty responsive to those wanting to participate and having trouble getting in.
8/12/2016 3:07 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 8/12/2016 3:02:00 PM (view original):
The beta signup page says the deadline is August 13 4PM. Rogelio, you're sure the deadline is actually today?
You are right. It's tomorrow at 4pm. I misread the world schedule. That's better.
8/12/2016 3:21 PM
Still getting a runtime error. Delightful.
8/13/2016 11:46 AM
12 Next ▸
Beta registration Open Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.