Negative forum posts - enough is enough Topic

As most of you probably know from reading what I post, I love this game, and I really like the new release. I would venture to say I may have spent more time on Beta that pretty much anyone out there. Gotta be in the top 5 at least, especially since I ended up with 3 Beta teams (one at each level).

I have always enjoyed the forums as a source of good information on how to learn new strategies, and have questions answered. There is a lot of wisdom to be gained by reading the forums, that will make anyone a much better coach. It's a great place to develop friendships, and to pass the time on something that interests me and is my hobby.

However, lately the forums have become so toxic that it's really unpleasant to come on here. People are hurling insults at each other and at the developers constantly, and the same things are just being said over and over. Posts about topics quickly deteriorate into shouting matches, and threads about valid topics become 10 pages long, with very little information. The Beta is trashed relentlessly, often by people who did not even try it, or who tried one season for a limited time.

There is at least one person posting on the forums, dozens of times a day, that doesn't even have an active team in HD. And most of their posts are spent insulting other users and trashing the beta and developers.

People are on here "trying" to get others to leave the game. If you are going to leave the game, that's your choice. If you don't like it any more, or are willing to leave something you love without giving it a chance in "real" gameplay, you should probably just quit now. But why the effort in trying to get others to leave? I just don't understand the point of that.

I know a lot of people are upset about the Beta, and there's nothing at all wrong with voicing concerns and making positive suggestions. And I understand that many do not want this change, and think other changes would have been better.

But, at this point, the beta is going to happen. And I think that the good of the game, at this moment in time, needs to be looked at by HD management.

Personally, if I was in charge of HD, at this point I would probably suspend posting privileges for users that do not have any active teams if all they are doing is posting negative comments and insulting other users.

As a business decision, I would also suspend posting privileges of those who are saying that they are definitely 100% leaving the game and are encouraging others to do the same. I don't understand why a company would allow that on their own forums when they are getting ready to release a product they are trying to promote. This kind of talk sways public opinion of the release in a negative way, and could encourage people to quit the game, who might try the Beta and end up really liking it.

Also, new users will look at these forums and think, man, this game must suck, or it is getting ready to suck. I just wasted my money, and I am going to not even bother to waste my time with it.

Again, I don't see anything wrong with constructive suggestions on how to improve the Beta, but that's not what most of the talk is on the forums.

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this post by the predictable people, and I am not planning on responding to any of that. I don't enjoy conflict. But I just wanted to put my two cents out there as someone who loves the game, and is really looking forward to the new system.
8/12/2016 12:28 PM
As a business decision, I would also suspend posting privileges of those who are saying that they are definitely 100% leaving the game and are encouraging others to do the same. I don't understand why a company would allow that on their own forums when they are getting ready to release a product they are trying to promote. This kind of talk sways public opinion of the release in a negative way, and could encourage people to quit the game, who might try the Beta and end up really liking it.

NO problem....also refund the money spent prior to the New wonderful idea that I did not wish to pay for and is still held by WIS
8/12/2016 12:31 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Thanks chap. You have been a strong voice of reason and an even and reasonable temperament in beta and here as well. Support this 100%.
8/12/2016 12:40 PM
Posted by taniajane on 8/12/2016 12:31:00 PM (view original):

NO problem....also refund the money spent prior to the New wonderful idea that I did not wish to pay for and is still held by WIS

Refund Policy for Dynasty Games. You may be eligible to receive a refund for unused Dynasty Game (with the exception of Hardball Dynasty Game, which is governed by C.1 above) seasons if the request comes before the renewal deadline for the current Dynasty Game season you are participating in.

Partial Refunds. If you request a refund for any unused teams purchased as part of a multi-pack purchase, the maximum refund you may receive will be for the balance of the purchase amount minus the used teams at the non-discounted price. For example, if you purchase a 6-pack of SimLeague Baseball teams for $59.95 and use 2 of those teams in leagues and request a refund for the remaining 4 teams, you would receive a refund of $34.05 ($59.95 - $12.95 - $12.95). Further, if you request a refund for fewer than the maximum number of refund-eligible seasons from a multi-season purchase, the unused seasons you elected to not refund will also be considered "used" at the non-discounted price.

Refund to Credit Card Policy. Refunds to credit card are permitted only for purchases made with credit card within the last 6 months.

Refund to Site Credit Policy. Refunds to general site credit are permitted for all purchases made with credit card, gift certificates, and Pay Pal. Previously refunded credits and all other credits may not be refunded.

Violating our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and/or Fair Play Guidelines disqualifies you from being eligible for any Fox Product refunds. All other refund requests will be subject to the sole discretion of Fox.

8/12/2016 12:43 PM
Great post chapelhill.
8/12/2016 12:49 PM
Totally agree. Probably time to cut the cord on folks who have no interest here other than sabotage. I'm not talking about constructive criticism and debate; but pure anti-3.0 evangelism has run its course, and has no more usefulness to the community of players who will be using these forums moving forward.
8/12/2016 12:57 PM
I have been engaging chapel in sitemail conversations about beta for some time now and have really enjoyed the interaction. However, this is a terrible thread. This autocratic proposition will do more damage than good if WIS takes it seriously.
8/12/2016 1:01 PM
All of you can submit a ticket to have me banned if you wish. My concerns are reasoned, based on 12 years of playing the game. I'm not throwing sand just to create trouble.

But if there has developed a culture on this website of wanting to crush all legitimate dissent, please let me know now.
8/12/2016 1:06 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/12/2016 12:28:00 PM (view original):
As most of you probably know from reading what I post, I love this game, and I really like the new release. I would venture to say I may have spent more time on Beta that pretty much anyone out there. Gotta be in the top 5 at least, especially since I ended up with 3 Beta teams (one at each level).

I have always enjoyed the forums as a source of good information on how to learn new strategies, and have questions answered. There is a lot of wisdom to be gained by reading the forums, that will make anyone a much better coach. It's a great place to develop friendships, and to pass the time on something that interests me and is my hobby.

However, lately the forums have become so toxic that it's really unpleasant to come on here. People are hurling insults at each other and at the developers constantly, and the same things are just being said over and over. Posts about topics quickly deteriorate into shouting matches, and threads about valid topics become 10 pages long, with very little information. The Beta is trashed relentlessly, often by people who did not even try it, or who tried one season for a limited time.

There is at least one person posting on the forums, dozens of times a day, that doesn't even have an active team in HD. And most of their posts are spent insulting other users and trashing the beta and developers.

People are on here "trying" to get others to leave the game. If you are going to leave the game, that's your choice. If you don't like it any more, or are willing to leave something you love without giving it a chance in "real" gameplay, you should probably just quit now. But why the effort in trying to get others to leave? I just don't understand the point of that.

I know a lot of people are upset about the Beta, and there's nothing at all wrong with voicing concerns and making positive suggestions. And I understand that many do not want this change, and think other changes would have been better.

But, at this point, the beta is going to happen. And I think that the good of the game, at this moment in time, needs to be looked at by HD management.

Personally, if I was in charge of HD, at this point I would probably suspend posting privileges for users that do not have any active teams if all they are doing is posting negative comments and insulting other users.

Also, new users will look at these forums and think, man, this game must suck, or it is getting ready to suck. I just wasted my money, and I am going to not even bother to waste my time with it.

Again, I don't see anything wrong with constructive suggestions on how to improve the Beta, but that's not what most of the talk is on the forums.

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this post by the predictable people, and I am not planning on responding to any of that. I don't enjoy conflict. But I just wanted to put my two cents out there as someone who loves the game, and is really looking forward to the new system.
Lighten up, Francis.
8/12/2016 1:10 PM
123456 Next ▸
Negative forum posts - enough is enough Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.