Negative forum posts - enough is enough Topic

wardo you just admitted you attack coaches for nothing more than leaving the game.

Classy!

What is a hypocrete?
8/14/2016 12:06 AM
I've played this game for 10 years now & rarely post at all but today I am outraged not at the changes but at the fact that every time I turn in a ticket I get a terrible / dismissive response, 0 dialogue & some canned answers that don't help me in anyway understand the game, the logic of the game or the way the game works. When u treat your customers poorly they will leave & will post negative stuff on the forums!

When customers don't feel listened to they will leave & post on the forums. I was ready to be done today not because of the update but because whoever is running this thing just doesn't listen!

This is honestly is not worth me getting so frustrated over but it's the principle of it that bothers me - I don't want to give my $ to someone who doesn't value me as a customer!

I have run my own business for years & it just bugs me when profits are clearly more
important than people! This way of thinking in the end never helps your profits either!

If that's to negative for the forums than I'm sorry but it's where I am at today! I want to understand the game, have worked hard to figure it out but have always been an average player who never really succeeded I don't know I have the time or energy to learn a whole new system even with a mentor.

8/14/2016 12:10 AM
Posted by craig218 on 8/14/2016 12:06:00 AM (view original):
wardo you just admitted you attack coaches for nothing more than leaving the game.

Classy!

What is a hypocrete?
I didn't ADMIT that I attack some1 for just leaving the game. I attacked theonlyis as EVERY1 knows he has perma ban or atleast ban now from the game. Which means my attack on him is now irrelevent and I had every right to attack theonlyis because he was meaning to discurage people to quit the game. HE posted the same stuff as seble as all we can LOOK it up ourselves without somebody mocking the grandaddy of the commishes.
8/14/2016 12:34 AM
wardo do you even read what you write?

"Lmao... Your being a hypocrete for calling me a hypocrete search me please! Yeah and the ones I have attacked are either leaving or have perma ban on them."

Looks like an admission to me!
8/14/2016 2:15 AM
I have no problem with someone not liking the changes and saying what they don't like about them.

what bugs me are the people who go "if I can't have her, no one will", grab the shotgun and proceed to boil the family pet out of spite.
8/14/2016 7:11 AM
Or in other words, if you disagree with the neighborhood covenant, writing everyone a letter about what you disagree with or speaking up at the townhall and then leaving, or staying in and working to effect changes back towards what you like are all cool. Deciding to leave and then getting out a rocket launcher to try to blow up the old neighborhood because you no longer like how it's run with no consideration for the people who still want to live there is not.
8/14/2016 7:22 AM
Posted by kybucki on 8/14/2016 12:10:00 AM (view original):
I've played this game for 10 years now & rarely post at all but today I am outraged not at the changes but at the fact that every time I turn in a ticket I get a terrible / dismissive response, 0 dialogue & some canned answers that don't help me in anyway understand the game, the logic of the game or the way the game works. When u treat your customers poorly they will leave & will post negative stuff on the forums!

When customers don't feel listened to they will leave & post on the forums. I was ready to be done today not because of the update but because whoever is running this thing just doesn't listen!

This is honestly is not worth me getting so frustrated over but it's the principle of it that bothers me - I don't want to give my $ to someone who doesn't value me as a customer!

I have run my own business for years & it just bugs me when profits are clearly more
important than people! This way of thinking in the end never helps your profits either!

If that's to negative for the forums than I'm sorry but it's where I am at today! I want to understand the game, have worked hard to figure it out but have always been an average player who never really succeeded I don't know I have the time or energy to learn a whole new system even with a mentor.

dont worry kybucki, WIS is not putting profits ahead of customers - it is putting both profits and customers at very low priority.

with the right marketing and support - and some smaller improvements - make it mobile friendly, fix jobs logic, fix firing (and give a free season when fired), improve recruit generation - they could have profit and customer maximized

they went with an idea for big change that didnt address the biggest issues (other than mobile access) and creates major issues of its own - I wish those who love it all the best
8/14/2016 7:55 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 8/13/2016 11:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by craig218 on 8/13/2016 11:11:00 PM (view original):
Rogelio torched dogsfan398 because he states an opinion? dogfans stated plainly that toxic posts serve no purpose. I do not think his post was toxic or an attack. He spoke of a perception and criticized attacks on coaches leaving. I saw nothing in the post attacking anyone and he even says coaches should make up their own mind. Where is the damage to the game? Or is simply dissenting considered damage ? Trying to shut down dissent is wrong. Both sides have a right to be heard including criticism of the developers as long as it is civil.

I also want to bring attention to Coachward95 +1 Rogelio's post. Hypocrisy on display as wardo himself has attacked coaches leaving.
Lmao... Your being a hypocrete for calling me a hypocrete search me please! Yeah and the ones I have attacked are either leaving or have perma ban on them.
So you are, in fact, admitting that you attacked coaches then? Not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?
8/14/2016 11:29 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/13/2016 11:56:00 PM (view original):
I just want to be clear on one thing. The whole purpose of the original post was hoping that things could get toned down on the forums a few notches so that it could be a pleasant place to come for information once again. I didn't mean to sound like anyone who disagreed with the beta or stated negative things about it should be banned. I did feel that if someone was trying to encourage people to quit the game, this was counterproductive from the point of view of HD management, and all of us who want to see as many people stick around as possible.

I think it's great to have lively discussions about the pros and cons of the update if everyone stays reasonable and is willing to engage in civil debates about it. Good ideas come out of those kinds of discussions, and that helps develop a better end product. So, I wasn't saying that those who post about things they don't like about it should be banned. In my mind it was a very small group of people with very loud voices, and they don't seem to be around any more.

I have noticed that in the last couple of days, things really have calmed down on the forums, which is very refreshing to see.

All of us love this game or we would not be here, so we all have that common goal. And it's cool to be able to come on a forum like this and talk and learn about the game. We all have different ideas about what would make the perfect game, and how to get to that point, and there's no way that we will all agree on exactly what that is.

But we all do have a common goal, except for the trolls, who seem to be gone now. Their goal has always been a mystery to me.
Since those people seem to be gone anyway, perhaps starting this thread was a bad idea and has become far more trouble than it was worth. Your original post was well written and very eloquent but if one is constantly having to explain the rationale and meaning behind what they posted, then that post very likely did not come off as clearly as one would have desired, no?
8/14/2016 11:33 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 8/14/2016 12:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by craig218 on 8/14/2016 12:06:00 AM (view original):

Classy!

What is a hypocrete?
I didn't ADMIT that I attack some1 for just leaving the game. I attacked theonlyis as EVERY1 knows he has perma ban or atleast ban now from the game. Which means my attack on him is now irrelevent and I had every right to attack theonlyis because he was meaning to discurage people to quit the game. HE posted the same stuff as seble as all we can LOOK it up ourselves without somebody mocking the grandaddy of the commishes.
Wardo, you're the best! In your first sentence you say you didn't admit attacking someone for leaving the game. Then, in the very next sentence, you say you attacked the0nly. Then in your very next sentence, you say that your attack on him is irrelevant because he quit the game. So by your very twisted logic, it's okay to attack someone as long as they quit.

It's spelled hypocrite and you, sir, are one.
8/14/2016 11:47 AM (edited)
Posted by dacj501 on 8/13/2016 2:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 8/12/2016 5:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 8/12/2016 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/12/2016 5:34:00 PM (view original):
lol, nice coloring.
Maroon and White! ;)
My high school colors. Where's Dac?

Go Redmen!
Redmen? Aren't you too damn young for that Redmen ****? Weren't you a Redhawk?
They changed it when I was a senior I think.

Always Redmen to me.
8/14/2016 7:18 PM
Actually just remembered. Senior year at the homecoming game a bunch of us dresses up like Indians and painted Redmen on our chests. I got interviewed by local news since they were covering the name change. I thought he was gonna ask something like "hey you guys having a good time" or something. Instead he says "so you guys don't think this offensive?"

I'm like uhhhhhh and then babbled something stupid. Hahaha so funny.
8/14/2016 7:56 PM
Hey you guys having a good time?
8/14/2016 9:33 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/12/2016 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 8/12/2016 3:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 8/12/2016 3:34:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, you hate BETA, quit. You have ideas, post them on the forum. It could make the game better. I would like veterans ideas taken into account more as Vandy expressed. They know the game like no others. Good post Chapel.
if you had put admin, a group of 10 vets, and a couple of first year users on a conference call once every two weeks for a couple months prior to beginning anything on beta then we wouldn't be in this mess.
This is a great point. That would have been a better way to start the process.
First, the premise of this thread is awesome. Let's keep things constructive. I also would like to say I love HD 3.0. Now, what I find interesting is this post because we did have a forum question dedicated to changes people would like to see. It seemed like a majority asked for a more mobile friendly site and a change in recruiting because the current system favored the Elite veteran coaches and therefore few new players could make strides in the game and quit. Although other things were requested, the decision by WGT to limit the scope was made. The BETA rolled out and those same veteran coaches dedicated to making the game better had a fit, complained about all the "mobile" friendly things, the recruiting changes, and quit BETA after one season. They then started posting all over that they are quitting while the rest of us worked to try to improve it. Apparently veteran coaches are all in when they have a say on how to improve the product to benefit them but don't want any part of a change that might benefit others. We took vote after vote in BETA and even with coaches voting that stopped participating, the votes came out in favor of the changes coming. If I want to hear from people who "know what's best for everyone", I will turn the TV on and listen to both political parties try to explain that to me on behalf of their big donors. If you have ideas that will improve the game for "everyone" fire away, if you have ideas on how to preserve your ability to replace 5-6 EE's every season, keep it to yourself.
8/15/2016 7:09 AM
Posted by kubasnack on 8/15/2016 7:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/12/2016 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 8/12/2016 3:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 8/12/2016 3:34:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, you hate BETA, quit. You have ideas, post them on the forum. It could make the game better. I would like veterans ideas taken into account more as Vandy expressed. They know the game like no others. Good post Chapel.
if you had put admin, a group of 10 vets, and a couple of first year users on a conference call once every two weeks for a couple months prior to beginning anything on beta then we wouldn't be in this mess.
This is a great point. That would have been a better way to start the process.
First, the premise of this thread is awesome. Let's keep things constructive. I also would like to say I love HD 3.0. Now, what I find interesting is this post because we did have a forum question dedicated to changes people would like to see. It seemed like a majority asked for a more mobile friendly site and a change in recruiting because the current system favored the Elite veteran coaches and therefore few new players could make strides in the game and quit. Although other things were requested, the decision by WGT to limit the scope was made. The BETA rolled out and those same veteran coaches dedicated to making the game better had a fit, complained about all the "mobile" friendly things, the recruiting changes, and quit BETA after one season. They then started posting all over that they are quitting while the rest of us worked to try to improve it. Apparently veteran coaches are all in when they have a say on how to improve the product to benefit them but don't want any part of a change that might benefit others. We took vote after vote in BETA and even with coaches voting that stopped participating, the votes came out in favor of the changes coming. If I want to hear from people who "know what's best for everyone", I will turn the TV on and listen to both political parties try to explain that to me on behalf of their big donors. If you have ideas that will improve the game for "everyone" fire away, if you have ideas on how to preserve your ability to replace 5-6 EE's every season, keep it to yourself.
pretty much everything about this post assumes that the forums are an effective way of gauging opinion. I never saw the initial forum question dedicated to what changes people want to see. was admin or HD drawing all coaches toward the forums to be aware or participate? were site mails sent out with polls and surveys? or did those who happen to stumble/troll in to the forums vote?

8/15/2016 9:45 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Negative forum posts - enough is enough Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.