Negative forum posts - enough is enough Topic

I'm in the definitely leaving but not talking $h!t camp, though in cc's I've not been shy to say that I'm leaving, nor for the reasons why. I thought I'd share a somewhat objective view of why I'm leaving and why I shouldn't be censored. Chapel's other thread is simply epic. It's up there with aejones' guide to winning at d3 and d2 and the other cannons of HD. For vets staying on, it will be the bible the first few seasons; for newbies, it will be that but it is also a glimpse into the camaraderie and gamesmanship that was a staple of old school HD.

Unfortunately for me - a player since 2007 - it is a list of all the reasons I can't stay. For me, the change is too monumental and undercuts some of the intangibles I appreciated so much about the game: incentives to build a strong conference; strategy in spending your budget; etc. The comparisons to potential are misplaced, except that there was a threatened exodus and a minor dip in coaches that eventually corrected itself. It's true that it fundamentally changed practice and improvements, but that change was intended to make the game more competitive. These recruiting changes are meant to level the playing field. And they are far too extensive. 3.0 recruiting has no semblance to current recruiting. At all.

quite frankly, I don't want to learn a new game. So why should the admins care what I have to say? Because in 2-5 years another massive overhaul will be on the horizon. Hopefully for them, they incorporate constructive criticism, adapt and have a better strategized rollout at that time.
8/16/2016 12:44 AM
Posted by jtt8355 on 8/16/2016 12:44:00 AM (view original):
I'm in the definitely leaving but not talking $h!t camp, though in cc's I've not been shy to say that I'm leaving, nor for the reasons why. I thought I'd share a somewhat objective view of why I'm leaving and why I shouldn't be censored. Chapel's other thread is simply epic. It's up there with aejones' guide to winning at d3 and d2 and the other cannons of HD. For vets staying on, it will be the bible the first few seasons; for newbies, it will be that but it is also a glimpse into the camaraderie and gamesmanship that was a staple of old school HD.

Unfortunately for me - a player since 2007 - it is a list of all the reasons I can't stay. For me, the change is too monumental and undercuts some of the intangibles I appreciated so much about the game: incentives to build a strong conference; strategy in spending your budget; etc. The comparisons to potential are misplaced, except that there was a threatened exodus and a minor dip in coaches that eventually corrected itself. It's true that it fundamentally changed practice and improvements, but that change was intended to make the game more competitive. These recruiting changes are meant to level the playing field. And they are far too extensive. 3.0 recruiting has no semblance to current recruiting. At all.

quite frankly, I don't want to learn a new game. So why should the admins care what I have to say? Because in 2-5 years another massive overhaul will be on the horizon. Hopefully for them, they incorporate constructive criticism, adapt and have a better strategized rollout at that time.
The one part of your post that I'd disagree with was the part about a threatened exodus when potential was rolled out, a minor dip in coaches that eventually corrected itself. J, there was a HUGE exodus of coaches and the numbers still don't look anything like they did pre-potential. I'm sure Gill has the numbers but I'd be willing to bet that HD lost upwards of 25-33% of all the coaches here. I may be wrong and it certainly wouldn't be the first or even thousandth time, but I seem to distinctly remember HD going from pretty full to the appearance of ghost town conferences. It'd be great if Gill sees this and can provide some numbers to show what happened either way. I remember a lot of coaches "rolling their eyes" because Seble blamed the loss of all those coaches on the economy, not the new update.
8/16/2016 3:34 PM
i might be wrong about the numbers (keeping mind that i was here for the conversion to potential), but in retrospect, it was an amazing improvement to the game.
8/16/2016 3:49 PM
◂ Prev 123456
Negative forum posts - enough is enough Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.