Posted by CoachSpud on 8/15/2016 9:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/15/2016 6:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 8/15/2016 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/14/2016 5:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 8/14/2016 12:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by poncho0091 on 8/14/2016 1:15:00 AM (view original):
Are Ward and Spud the same person?
Not at all.
Ward doesn't seem that bright. When he says stupid things I don't think he always means it or knows what he's saying.

Spud is fairly intelligent and chooses to be a horses *** because he enjoys it.
agreed. ward is basically a quixotic figure while spud is just an extreme version of your standard, run-of-the-mill jackass.
Spud is just a guy who is stubborn and doesn't like to have an open mind about anything. Also, he acts like an A-hole to just about everyone.

Ward is in a league all to himself.

CoachWard > CoachSpud
coach ward is a nice guy with good intentions, i really don't have a problem with him and i hope he has a blast learning HD. spud, i just hope he sees the error in his ways eventually, as guys like furry_nips and sort of colonels did.
No point in sticking pins in guys who don't even know it happened, so yeah, in that I've already "changed my ways." And considering not being set in my ways, not ******* and moaning about the same things for two or three years as many of my detractors continue to do ... who has the closed mind again?
No ******* and moaning for two or three years coming from me bud.

Edit- and perhaps open minded was not the best choice of words. More like thick headed.
8/15/2016 10:31 PM (edited)
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/15/2016 6:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 8/15/2016 3:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/14/2016 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 8/14/2016 1:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by guyo26 on 8/14/2016 12:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 8/13/2016 10:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by guyo26 on 8/13/2016 12:56:00 PM (view original):
"Handed to coaches"? Please don't fill up dac's leaving post with denigrating top coaches.

For those who don't know, and I'm guessing some of you don't, this is the coach that made the spreadsheet on what is high high vs low high and maintained it for years. this is the coach that actively talked to and helped people in his conference. This is a great coach leaving. This coach has done more for the game than any of you ever will.

We've had differences in MI in Rupp dac, but you know I respect you as a coach and have in several worlds. I'll be leaving too once credits are done, but you're a good dude and a great coach.
I understand that you're just to give the guy his props but to make it out like the low-high/high-high thing was anything more than just a simple little chart is kind of ridiculous, don't you think? I mean, give him credit for his run with Michigan State or something like that, not the potential thing. It was helpful, sure, but it certainly wasn't a "Stop the presses" moment in HD history.
No, it's not a stop the presses thing ... but how many times even today do posts get made about what is high high vs low high? Nobody else actually sat down and did it, that's the point.

Of course he's a hugely successful coach, I've competed against him at MSU and also in Heartland before. But there's lots of good coaches, there are less that also try to give something back to the community, which I think he did in multiple ways. That's the only point.
I know what you were getting at and as I said, the potential chart is still a very helpful and quick reference but I just found it a little odd that out of all the things you could have chosen as an example, that the potential thing was the one you picked. No worries, it's all good.
i was, too. guyo, what you don't know is, that example actually proves what a piece of **** dac actually is -- i hate that guy! he does writing/editing, but that high/high spread sheet he just straight lifted off a post i made on the forums and didn't even give credit! bastard. that is just the tip of the iceberg in a long career of deception and thievery, which i will outline below...

no, i kid. dac is an awesome guy, just in general. i wasn't part of it but his MUSDUC (might have the spelling wrong) was very well received and he had a bunch of conference-boosting activities he ran over the years. he brought a lot of spirit to this game and has been a valuable member of the community, for sure. i have had a blast coaching MSU with him and he wanted to leave before last season - like, really, really badly. it basically causes him physical pain to have to look at the team at this point, but he doesn't want me to have to finish our tenure alone (i wanted to finish our 10yr run which ends after this season) - so he is sticking around with me to the end. that's just the kind of guy he is.
Thanks, Jeff - and it's true - I did lift that from a forum post, which gil made summarizing a bunch of other scattered posts way back when posts were sent by pigeon to the main office of Google and a monk transcribed it onto punch cards which were hand-fed into a stadium sized processing unit... (I never meant to deprive folks of that tool - I forgot stuff in the HD folder I deleted was shared...)

Thanks for mentioning the MUSDUC. I'm probably proudest of that overall, tbh. 10 seasons, almost 100 coaches, 9 conferences, 4 champions, and hundreds of games...took a lot of herding cats :) But I believe it helped peak interest in Knight D2 for a while.

(edited to add, thank you to rogelio who came up with the scheduling method (and even built me a spreadsheet that sorted everything out automatically) - you saved the MUSDUC when folks wanted to bail due to seeding issues, couldn't have done it without you...)
it wasn't a post made of scattered posts, otherwise i wouldn't have ever teased you about it in the first place! but, i see why you remember it that way. the two posts i made on how the system of potential functioned were definitely original forum material. the first was how the potential system worked, with the 5 ranges and the approx values of those ranges (old admin told us there would be 9 ranges, i actually ticketed to verify my findings before posting because they made no sense at the time) - and the second was the high/highs vs low/highs. then, those posts were pasted around the forums in whole or in part for a year or two, after which time you pasted one of those reproductions into a google doc. so, that's probably why you recall scattered sources :)
I'm just surprised I recalled any of it even half correctly...
8/16/2016 1:29 AM
yeah i figured i would omit the true suspect for the shady recollections ;) gotta keep it pg13 right?
8/16/2016 10:16 AM
◂ Prev 12345
Leaving after one final season, and 3.0 sux Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.