Players Who Have Turned Green Topic

A recruit needs a face-to-face before they will sign - a home or coaching visit, or a head coach scouting trip. So you can sometimes woo them to a green status with little effort, but they can also stubbornly refuse to sign if you haven't 'seen' them in person.

Spot on. I should have mentioned "assuming I have had the face to face meeting".

So what does one do when a player has been given an assistant coach visit, a head coach visit, and a campus visit and that player remains green? Is there anything else to do for them to sign? I ask because I have several players fitting that description that have been green for several cycles. Just want to make sure I am not missing anything since signings end in a few days.

If you have a face to face and they are green, they should sign. Make sure you have actually offered the scholarship and they should sign.

8/15/2016 3:47 PM
Posted by gators06 on 8/15/2016 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ebel331 on 8/14/2016 11:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gators06 on 8/14/2016 10:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bjschumacher on 8/12/2016 8:57:00 PM (view original):
I usually wait until the evening before signing day, then I send out the scholarship offers. Usually, at worst case somebody might challenge you overnight and turn them yellow. That rarely happens in D3 or D2. If it does, don't panic (yet). Since you have the offer out there, the players' responses will tell you if he is still leaning your way. You can believe what the player says after you send him a scholarship offer.
I disagree with "You can believe what the player says after you send him a scholarship offer". I have lost several recruits over the past couple of seasons after the "I'm leaning your way" type message. Even though I kept spending money on recruiting them to close the deal.
you may have missed the message from the player letting you know you have fallen behind, because they definitely will let you know when the situation changes. for example, right now i have a recruit that has sent me 7 messages letting me know when i have taken the lead/fallen behind versus the other school. they only send you updates when it changes.
That is not what I said. After the scholarship was offered and signings begin you get a note from the player. Just because he says he's leaning your way doesn't mean he is going to sign with you. The update you receive at a later date is irrelevant to the initial comment from the player on the scholarship offer.
On 2 or 3 occasions in all of my years of playing GD, going on 8 calendar years, I have had yellow recruits that I was leading on sign with another team w/o giving me a chance to put more effort into the player. On an occasion or two I also have signed a yellow recruit that I was trailing instantly after I had put in more effort, w/o giving the other team another chance. In these handful of times there was no new message stating the recruits intent. It made me mad the times I lost the guy b/c I still had money to throw at the players. But not another chance to recruit.
But this isn't several recruits over a couple seasons, I find that hard to believe. This is a few recruits over years. Many seasons.
8/15/2016 4:10 PM
Posted by dodgerblue65 on 8/15/2016 3:30:00 PM (view original):
So what does one do when a player has been given an assistant coach visit, a head coach visit, and a campus visit and that player remains green? Is there anything else to do for them to sign? I ask because I have several players fitting that description that have been green for several cycles. Just want to make sure I am not missing anything since signings end in a few days.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Have you offered him a scholarship?
8/15/2016 4:22 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 8/15/2016 4:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dodgerblue65 on 8/15/2016 3:30:00 PM (view original):

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Have you offered him a scholarship?
Thanks for the reply. I did before this past cycle and they signed. Not sure why I hadn't done that. Thanks much!
8/15/2016 6:15 PM
Glad it worked out .
8/15/2016 6:32 PM
Posted by jibe717 on 8/15/2016 4:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gators06 on 8/15/2016 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ebel331 on 8/14/2016 11:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gators06 on 8/14/2016 10:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bjschumacher on 8/12/2016 8:57:00 PM (view original):
I usually wait until the evening before signing day, then I send out the scholarship offers. Usually, at worst case somebody might challenge you overnight and turn them yellow. That rarely happens in D3 or D2. If it does, don't panic (yet). Since you have the offer out there, the players' responses will tell you if he is still leaning your way. You can believe what the player says after you send him a scholarship offer.
I disagree with "You can believe what the player says after you send him a scholarship offer". I have lost several recruits over the past couple of seasons after the "I'm leaning your way" type message. Even though I kept spending money on recruiting them to close the deal.
you may have missed the message from the player letting you know you have fallen behind, because they definitely will let you know when the situation changes. for example, right now i have a recruit that has sent me 7 messages letting me know when i have taken the lead/fallen behind versus the other school. they only send you updates when it changes.
That is not what I said. After the scholarship was offered and signings begin you get a note from the player. Just because he says he's leaning your way doesn't mean he is going to sign with you. The update you receive at a later date is irrelevant to the initial comment from the player on the scholarship offer.
On 2 or 3 occasions in all of my years of playing GD, going on 8 calendar years, I have had yellow recruits that I was leading on sign with another team w/o giving me a chance to put more effort into the player. On an occasion or two I also have signed a yellow recruit that I was trailing instantly after I had put in more effort, w/o giving the other team another chance. In these handful of times there was no new message stating the recruits intent. It made me mad the times I lost the guy b/c I still had money to throw at the players. But not another chance to recruit.
But this isn't several recruits over a couple seasons, I find that hard to believe. This is a few recruits over years. Many seasons.
I lost two just this past cycle that were yellow, got the "leaning my way message" kept spending money each cycle and eventually lost them. I said nothing about not being given another chance to spend money. My initial message for other coaches was simply just because you get the "l'm leaning your way" communication don't stop until the deal is closed. Whether you believe it or not it has happened.
8/15/2016 9:18 PM
Last recruiting season I had a guy yellow and got the leaning your way message. I went to sleep thinking at worst the other coach would take the lead. When I woke up the kid signed with the other coach. The funny thing was that I got the message about him signing elsewhere but not one saying he had flipped to the other school. I figured the other coach just put in a whole lot of effort in one cycle. Then after the next cycle was over I got the message saying he was leaning towards the other school.
8/15/2016 9:57 PM
Bottom line in GD as in Life, Something isn't accomplished until it's accomplished ! The word's "It's looking good" or some variation of it don't mean squat !
8/16/2016 4:19 AM
◂ Prev 12
Players Who Have Turned Green Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.