New HD question Topic

Hey guys. I took Tulane in Wooden from a D- all the way to B+ and now sit at a B. I'm actually fairly proud of what I have built there. I am currently qualified for all jobs open including Stanford, Louisville and Oklahoma. How much does prestige play into the new game? Im not excited about any of the rosters out there because all have been SIM the last year or two but I dont want to miss the chance to better my standing if thats the better thing to do. Is base prestige still a thing in the new game? Thanks- NickJYD
8/13/2016 2:30 PM
The only answer is that it isn't clear from the Beta test. seble mentioned a "new" formula for prestige. That may mean there is still a baseline involved, but the test world was clearly not aimed at sorting that out (and seble was hiding the ball). In the Beta, Big 6 conferences meant little, but that is no guarantee that it will mean nothing when it's live. Most likely, prestige affects will be adjusted after a season or two (my opinion).

seble did mention prestige is a multiplier effect on actions / effort. I have not been able to sort out a difference on AP (attention points), but there must be. There is also a preference for a "strong" conference that might turn out to matter once some conferences are actually better than others. No telling in the test. So, it seemed nerfed, but the conference prestige along with team prestige might have a noticeable impact. The intention was to reduce the impact.
8/13/2016 2:44 PM
Posted by nickjyd on 8/13/2016 2:30:00 PM (view original):
Hey guys. I took Tulane in Wooden from a D- all the way to B+ and now sit at a B. I'm actually fairly proud of what I have built there. I am currently qualified for all jobs open including Stanford, Louisville and Oklahoma. How much does prestige play into the new game? Im not excited about any of the rosters out there because all have been SIM the last year or two but I dont want to miss the chance to better my standing if thats the better thing to do. Is base prestige still a thing in the new game? Thanks- NickJYD
Nothing has changed in terms of baseline prestige. Distance/Prestige plays a very large factor in Classic HD 2.0 recruiting. Distance barriers have definitely been reduced in HD 3.0 (no more large price breaks at 200/360). Prestige isn't the huge factor it is today as preferences now play an equally important role. Combined with the EE situation, the lack of post season cash and rollover, I think it might reduce the attractiveness of playing at a low-prestige Big 6 school.

Of the 3 you listed, Oklahoma would have the highest baseline and then Stanford but without knowing their exact situation, I don't know if I can recommend moving to those schools.
8/13/2016 2:48 PM
New HD question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.