WAAAAAHHHHH I DESERVE TO BE A CLOSER!!!! Topic

Perennial bad seed Papelbon gets cut because he thinks that he is still a closer.
8/13/2016 3:30 PM
The truth of the matter, 'closers' generally have short careers as such. There very few like Rivera that can be effective over a long period of the time. I'd say the average lifespan of the a closer is about 3-4 years. Set up guys and closers are basically 'flavor of the day' types...who is hot and/or who the manager can trust at that present time. While true you want players that believe they can get it done, but you have to prove it. Otherwise..... Like Joe Girardi basically said, his job was to use the players in a way that gives the team the best chance to win. So if there is someone better or they trust more, you're riding the pine. That is the way it's always been.

As for Papelbon, he's always been a cry baby. Very likely why Boston management and players weren't too sad when he left. Time for Washington, to cut him loose and let him be another team's problem.
8/14/2016 9:48 AM
He's an idiot. And yes, I am a Phillies fan so I am a little slanted.

I hope he goes to the Dead Sox and sinks them.
8/15/2016 12:58 PM
Classic example of talent vs hassle. Talent no longer outweighs hassle. But he could have at least choked Harper again on the way out.
8/15/2016 1:02 PM
8/15/2016 1:47 PM
8/15/2016 1:48 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/15/2016 1:47:00 PM (view original):
God I hate that guy.
8/15/2016 4:51 PM
Such a Douche.
8/16/2016 10:38 AM
He had no problem stealing the job of a very effective closer last year. **** happens.
8/16/2016 11:27 AM
WAAAAAHHHHH I DESERVE TO BE A CLOSER!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.