New recruiting system helping new players? Topic

This question may have been answered in other threads but since I don't want to go through all the treads that have been made on the new recruiting system, I am going to ask it here hoping that someone can answer. One goal of the new recruiting system is to put new players on a more level playing field however, if the player comes in when half the recruiting period is over, how is that leveling the field? If a player takes over a Sim AI team, I can see it because the sim would recruit during the season but if a player takes over a team coached by a human that may not and most likely not be the case. If a player knows he will be moving up, switching schools or leaving after the season, that player has no incentive whatsoever to recruit during the season. Any newbie taking over one of those schools would not be on a more level playing field but will have to do full recruiting of all open spots instead of having a majority already filled. In that case, it would give longer tenured coaches an even bigger recruiting advantage as they would have snagged a large percentage of the really good players before the newbie joins. Same would go for coaches looking to move up to a team that was coached by a human the previous season.
8/14/2016 6:07 AM
its a problem for new players as is the greater complexity of scouting
8/14/2016 7:57 AM
That is a problem that there is not a really good way to address unfortunately. However it is mostly a problem at D1. At D2 and D3, I believe that there are good players available from D1 that will be available in the second period. But, this is one thing that I don't see any real solution to.
8/14/2016 8:32 AM
It's worth noting that this issue won't affect a new user as new player sign ups only occur before scouting occurs.

Existing users can change jobs between the first and second signing periods, but a new user can't enter at that point.

Here's a timeline of the current beta season you can see new user sign ups and job change occur at different points:

World Schedule
Date Time Event
Friday 8/12 12:00 AM Season starts
3:00 AM New coach signups start
Saturday 8/13 4:00 PM New coach signups end
6:00 PM Exhibition game scheduling starts
6:00 PM Non-conference game scheduling starts
6:00 PM Recruit scouting starts
Sunday 8/14 8:37 AM Now
2:00 PM Exhibition games start
Monday 8/15 1:00 PM Exhibition game scheduling ends
2:00 PM Exhibition games end
11:59 PM Player position change deadline
Tuesday 8/16 2:00 AM Non-conference games start
Saturday 8/20 2:00 PM Non-conference games end
Sunday 8/21 2:00 AM Conference games start
Wednesday 8/24 8:00 AM Recruiting period 1 starts
5:00 PM Recruiting period 1 Attention Points processing starts
Saturday 8/27 5:00 PM Recruit signings start
Monday 8/29 2:00 PM Conference games end
11:00 PM Recruiting period 1 ends
Tuesday 8/30 2:00 AM Conference tournament starts
Wednesday 8/31 2:00 PM Conference tournament ends
11:59 PM Non-conference game scheduling ends
Thursday 9/1 2:00 AM Postseason tournaments start
Sunday 9/4 2:00 AM Postseason tournaments end
11:59 PM Deadline to renew teams
11:59 PM Player redshirt deadline
Monday 9/5 3:00 AM Job applications start
Tuesday 9/6 2:00 AM Job acceptances start
Wednesday 9/7 11:59 PM Job change period ends
Thursday 9/8 2:00 AM Player rescind scholarship start
8:00 AM Recruiting period 2 starts
5:00 PM Recruiting period 2 Attention Points processing starts
Saturday 9/10 10:59 PM Player rescind scholarship end
11:00 PM Recruiting period 2 ends
8/14/2016 8:48 AM
" Any newbie taking over one of those schools would not be on a more level playing field but will have to do full recruiting of all open spots instead of having a majority already filled. "

I changed jobs between seasons 2 and 3 and the recruiting worked out fine. It isn't as grim as you fear. And as possum points out, "It's worth noting that this issue won't affect a new user as new player sign ups only occur before scouting occurs."
8/14/2016 9:02 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 8/14/2016 9:02:00 AM (view original):
" Any newbie taking over one of those schools would not be on a more level playing field but will have to do full recruiting of all open spots instead of having a majority already filled. "

I changed jobs between seasons 2 and 3 and the recruiting worked out fine. It isn't as grim as you fear. And as possum points out, "It's worth noting that this issue won't affect a new user as new player sign ups only occur before scouting occurs."
......in a near empty BETA world.........

Come to think of it, that may actually be realistic.
8/14/2016 11:06 AM
New recruiting system helping new players? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.