Great suckage. This line is my favorite:

suck redundancy achieved
8/24/2016 2:53 PM
Actually, this one might suck more:

disqualified on account of big red F-ing Xs – full suck awarded
8/24/2016 2:53 PM
I warned him
8/24/2016 2:56 PM
I love the suck meter! Very entertaining eval! Good Job Copernicus!!!
8/24/2016 4:46 PM
great stuff copernicus...i always enjoy the confused banditone eval to wrap it up

pick closer to 1 bandit! trust me...that wilt fella really helps
8/24/2016 5:39 PM
Nice evals... Penn's team is confusing. And... I shouldn't have to worry about individual usage penalty. Klay & Chief play limited mins, but are 27% usage. My lowest drafted usage is 17.5 & CP3, Reed, & Tarpley are all 21-24%. I'm going to (probably) backup Klay with at least 11 mins of high usage... Or maybe not. I may use a 20% usage guy with high rebounds & efg (and lots of fouls/min)..... Mason is playing out of position, which may hurt me a little. I will have a lot of fouls, but I also should get to the line often myself. I seem to always have a ton of fouls, and it's not always detrimental. This will be my first time using the 28 min Tarpley....

8/24/2016 8:16 PM
Btw, I made either the finals or conference finals not long ago w Hinrich I think. You were pretty harsh on him in the evals. The last season that 14-15 Steph was available was my first round pick. I think I had Donyell, Kemp, and Tree.
8/24/2016 10:54 PM
Kirk is an A- Chris Paul
8/24/2016 11:00 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 8/24/2016 11:00:00 PM (view original):
Kirk is an A- Chris Paul
I have this on good authority

but seriously if you're picking your lead guard that late you could do worse but you really shouldn't be picking your lead guard that late (esp. when you really needed like Shuttlesworth or such to bolster strong efg usage suck synergies) I actually think Barry (who is a nice player, don't get it twisted) was probably a wrong turn - if you're going for 1 pt of usage (and when was he not?) grab a PG in that round (like Ward maybe?) and set yourself up for a Shuttlesworth grab in the 5th? another 4-6 pts of usage at 55% spreading the floor across all zones is pretty sexy
8/25/2016 11:54 AM (edited)
also the answer for Banditone was the truth but apparently he cant handle that
8/24/2016 11:32 PM
Opinion time, so which do you think is a better decision for this league more assists or rebounds? Part of the reason I opted for two decent assisting shooting guards because I thought it might it "might" give me a rebound advantage at least at the point guard position. Should I have opted for more assists or tried for a rebound advantage?
8/24/2016 11:36 PM
Min Pts FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA OReb Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF
20110 10919 4144 8217 528 1279 2103 2687 1421 5028 2332 1376 743 657 1785
All totals adjusted to 82 game season
8/24/2016 11:46 PM
The way that I look at it is if your team doesn't have enough defensive rebounding than it will lose the possession battle. That means less offensive possessions which means that the extra assists won't give your team as much of an advantage as it should. In this league I never compromise on rebounding. However a great EFG% team with really high assists and solid defense can win a title with below average rebounding. Dh55 won the title with a team like that. But I have only seen it work once.
8/25/2016 12:10 AM
Posted by samuelyork93 on 8/24/2016 11:36:00 PM (view original):
Opinion time, so which do you think is a better decision for this league more assists or rebounds? Part of the reason I opted for two decent assisting shooting guards because I thought it might it "might" give me a rebound advantage at least at the point guard position. Should I have opted for more assists or tried for a rebound advantage?
I like Jordan and Harden. Getting rebounds from the guard position is just another way to get an advantage. Also, they're both great passers for shooting guards.

I'd honestly rather have better efficiency than an obscene amount of assists or rebounds. I would have to think that you need 120 Ast%+ in the starting lineup in order to get a significant boost. Even still, you'd want some efficiency on which to base that assist bump.

So, as I've tried to do with my team (although I realize now that Brad Daugherty was the pick, not Yao - stupid me, forgot about Brad), instead of rebounds or assists, I think efficiency is the stat on which I like to load up.

(and FTA's. FTA's lead to opponent PF's, which definitely offsets any rebounding advantage. If my team is 10% worse at rebounding but 50% better at the stripe, I'm going to win.)
8/25/2016 12:12 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...19 Next ▸
$52 Million LV Draft Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.