FT Shooting Practice Topic

How much do you spend on FT practice? Do you worry about losing any development from your young players? High D1 compared to Mid-Low I imagine would have some different strategies because high d1 you will be recruiting much better players already as compared to me who regularly brings in guys with 6-7 high potentials so I need all the practice points I can get and therefor regularly ignore FT. But losing close games where we shoot poorly from ft has me reconsidering.
8/16/2016 8:34 AM
I give most of my guys 11 minutes of FT, they usually improve slowly with that level of practice.

If a guy is blue in FT and doesnt have much potential left elsewhere, I'll up the FT mins.
8/16/2016 8:37 AM
Depends on the player. If he's a big who is only rebounding and playing defense for me and not scoring much then I won't focus on it too much. If its a guard and has okay potential I'll put 10-12 min in it. Maybe more if its blue and doesn't have much elsewhere.

I look at it this way, what is having the most impact on a 40 min game? A guys ath, SPD, def, reb or his FT? Not unimportant but doesn't seem crucial to me.
8/16/2016 8:47 AM
Also, with FT - the break even point there is 8. So, if you put in 7 or less they will decline, 8 they stay the same, and 9 or more they improve.

From my knowledge the break even points for the different attributes are
8 - FT
7 - Spd, Reb, FW, BH, P
4 - LP, PE.
I always go with 20 on conditioning no matter what, except in rare instances.
8/16/2016 8:53 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/16/2016 8:53:00 AM (view original):
Also, with FT - the break even point there is 8. So, if you put in 7 or less they will decline, 8 they stay the same, and 9 or more they improve.

8 - FT
7 - Spd, Reb, FW, BH, P
4 - LP, PE.
Interesting didnt know this. I usually would put guys aruound 7-9 to prevent decline in just about every category. I'll have to make some adjustments to my practice plans now. Thank chap, and to the others how posted here as well.
8/16/2016 6:43 PM
with reasonable WE (30+), hardly ever see a decline with 3 for LP and PE
8/16/2016 8:13 PM
I use 7 as the break even pt with everything including ft'sbut lp and per, 3 not 4. If I can, I put 12 into ft's, I try to put at least 9 if the player has a little improvement left.

Chapel, not sure where I got my numbers, I'm pretty sure tarek told us once, in a chat, when he split shooting into per and lp, which was pretty long ago. Did you get some more current or exact info from somewhere / one else with the 8 on ft's or the 4 on lp and per?
8/17/2016 6:00 PM
Posted by oldresorter on 8/17/2016 6:00:00 PM (view original):
I use 7 as the break even pt with everything including ft'sbut lp and per, 3 not 4. If I can, I put 12 into ft's, I try to put at least 9 if the player has a little improvement left.

Chapel, not sure where I got my numbers, I'm pretty sure tarek told us once, in a chat, when he split shooting into per and lp, which was pretty long ago. Did you get some more current or exact info from somewhere / one else with the 8 on ft's or the 4 on lp and per?
tarek definitely said 3 for lp/per, 7 for the rest. seble has said 7 guaranteed won't drop.

for low potential categories you can pretty safely 0 it out, as you'll lose only a very, very small fraction of a point, over the course of an entire season (which usually is invisible to the naked eye)
8/17/2016 6:23 PM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 8/16/2016 6:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/16/2016 8:53:00 AM (view original):

8 - FT
7 - Spd, Reb, FW, BH, P
4 - LP, PE.
Interesting didnt know this. I usually would put guys aruound 7-9 to prevent decline in just about every category. I'll have to make some adjustments to my practice plans now. Thank chap, and to the others how posted here as well.
that strategy cost you a ton of minutes but so does putting in 7. if you have a non-core low potential area, with reasonable growth elsewhere, it should be an automatic 0. or with a say 2 points or less of growth area in a core, with reasonable growth elsewhere, is an easy 0.
8/17/2016 6:24 PM
FT Shooting Practice Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.