Season 124 1A Championship Favorites Topic

Posted by tampafla on 8/20/2016 5:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ebel331 on 8/19/2016 9:36:00 PM (view original):
i went WAY out of my way to try and end the elite advantage myth a long time ago. apparently taking over a world with central florida was not enough. elites rule. don't mess with them. you have no chance. do not pass go, go directly back to IAA...
Slid64er did it at Navy and Mcbethbr did it at Tulsa. They didn't have a conference filled with other coaches to boost their schedule. They did it beating five elites in the OOC and another in the title game.
Navy and Tulsa won 4 titles in a row? I must have missed that.

Also, UCF had the best record vs Elites of any team in Camp world for those 5 seasons.
8/20/2016 8:50 PM
I came in 2nd, won a level 5 bowl, at San Diego State while the HeIsMan movement was still quite strong. Finished 15-0.

If you want the elites to continue to win NC's lay down for them. Otherwise challenge em in recruiting and don't let up. The more they are battled the less they will win.
8/20/2016 9:26 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 8/20/2016 8:50:00 PM (view original):
i went WAY out of my way to try and end the elite advantage myth a long time ago. apparently taking over a world with central florida was not enough. elites rule. don't mess with them. you have no chance. do not pass go, go directly back to IAA...
Slid64er did it at Navy and Mcbethbr did it at Tulsa. They didn't have a conference filled with other coaches to boost their schedule. They did it beating five elites in the OOC and another in the title game.

Also, UCF had the best record vs Elites of any team in Camp world for those 5 seasons.
We've debated this many times before. Great accomplishment as I've said in the past, but they didn't have almost a full conference to help them out with funds and a sos boost.
8/20/2016 10:44 PM
Posted by tampafla on 8/20/2016 10:44:00 PM (view original):

We've debated this many times before. Great accomplishment as I've said in the past, but they didn't have almost a full conference to help them out with funds and a sos boost.
Let me re-quote that for you. A full conference of a bunch of duds to boost his SOS to get him in the NC game. He talked people he knew was just good enough to be above average, but not good enough to beat a team he had already built for a few seasons. Ebel, you will never win a NC here in Wilkinson with a non elite. If you do, then I will say you are one of the best...until then you are a dud that likes to pat yourself on the back.
8/21/2016 12:01 AM
Posted by cfbfan18 on 8/21/2016 12:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tampafla on 8/20/2016 10:44:00 PM (view original):

Let me re-quote that for you. A full conference of a bunch of duds to boost his SOS to get him in the NC game. He talked people he knew was just good enough to be above average, but not good enough to beat a team he had already built for a few seasons. Ebel, you will never win a NC here in Wilkinson with a non elite. If you do, then I will say you are one of the best...until then you are a dud that likes to pat yourself on the back.
UCF had the best record vs elites in the world for 5 seasons. Pretty sure they don't factor SOS into the game scores lol.

8/21/2016 12:14 AM
The powers of the Elites have always been questioned / debated in this game.

Two interesting sets of facts have been noticed:
!. The current 14 schools that have the most "lifetime" wins in college football, are the same 14 Elites in WIS.
2. Of the last 25 "real life" NCAA Champions, be it polls, or winning the playoff game, only Auburn (2010) was not one of the 14 Elites.

It may not seem fair, but WIS seems to mirror the ebb and flow of real life college football. Even the real elite programs have up and down stretches.
8/21/2016 1:15 AM
Anyway, half the challenge is to even get an elite job at this point.
8/21/2016 11:00 AM
#RiseUp!
8/21/2016 12:28 PM
◂ Prev 12
Season 124 1A Championship Favorites Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.