Season 124 1A Championship Favorites Topic

Who is your favorite team to win the 1A Championship? If you pick other, please comment with the team name.
Votes: 38
(Last vote received: 8/24/2016 4:13 PM)
8/16/2016 1:42 PM
Michigan Baby. Screw the biased media!
8/17/2016 10:44 AM
So does this mean non elite schools have no chance at winning the big prize?
8/17/2016 3:15 PM
Posted by huskerfan26 on 8/17/2016 3:15:00 PM (view original):
So does this mean non elite schools have no chance at winning the big prize?
That is why there is an "other" option. :)
8/17/2016 3:30 PM
Non-elites generally have no real chance every single season. The only one I can remember doing it "recently" here in Wilkinson is Pittsburgh (so of course their coach was fired several seasons later).
8/17/2016 5:10 PM
I'm not familiar with the IA level of this world, but on first glance, as a group these elites look pretty weak. Texas, USC, Florida... only a couple dominant programs. And with so many humans available to schedule, door should be wide open for random challengers season to season.
8/17/2016 8:05 PM
I'm going with whoever wins the Big East.

Why not?
8/18/2016 7:35 AM
Posted by hitman1979 on 8/17/2016 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Non-elites generally have no real chance every single season. The only one I can remember doing it "recently" here in Wilkinson is Pittsburgh (so of course their coach was fired several seasons later).
Are you speaking of here in Wilkinson? Or just in GD, in general?
8/18/2016 2:08 PM
Posted by vhoward415 on 8/18/2016 2:08:00 PM (view original):
I am just looking over the past 30 seasons or so here in Wilkinson (only looking at champions and runners-up).
I see many non-elites have made it to the runner-up position, but only Pittsburgh has been able to break through, unless you go further back, where BC and TA&M have been able to.
I know other non-elites have gotten close, but in general, it's a real uphill battle.
8/18/2016 3:20 PM
Posted by hitman1979 on 8/18/2016 3:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vhoward415 on 8/18/2016 2:08:00 PM (view original):
I am just looking over the past 30 seasons or so here in Wilkinson (only looking at champions and runners-up).
I see many non-elites have made it to the runner-up position, but only Pittsburgh has been able to break through, unless you go further back, where BC and TA&M have been able to.
I know other non-elites have gotten close, but in general, it's a real uphill battle.
There are five coaches who are not currently at an Elite who, given the right non-Elite(s), would make short work of ending the Elite stranglehold on NCs in this world.

EDIT: Sorry, I don't mean that to be aggressive or argumentative. I'm sure your numbers are correct. But I've seen the right non-Elite in the right hands can unleash havoc on unsuspecting Elites and break the dominance that Elites do tend to have over NCs.
8/18/2016 7:08 PM (edited)
i went WAY out of my way to try and end the elite advantage myth a long time ago. apparently taking over a world with central florida was not enough. elites rule. don't mess with them. you have no chance. do not pass go, go directly back to IAA...
8/19/2016 9:36 PM
I am sure it can happen, in the right hands. I think ez was close at Minnesota, and I think VT is getting close now. There are probably some others not too far away. It will be interesting if we see it happen anytime soon.
8/20/2016 4:56 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 8/19/2016 9:36:00 PM (view original):
i went WAY out of my way to try and end the elite advantage myth a long time ago. apparently taking over a world with central florida was not enough. elites rule. don't mess with them. you have no chance. do not pass go, go directly back to IAA...
Slid64er did it at Navy and Mcbethbr did it at Tulsa. They didn't have a conference filled with other coaches to boost their schedule. They did it beating five elites in the OOC and another in the title game.
8/20/2016 5:56 PM
Didn't mcbeth get one at colorado state in Leahy also?
8/20/2016 8:05 PM
Oh and I came close in Leahy with Ball State. Went undefeated but lost to Cebrake's Alabama Team in the Rose Bowl. Ended up 6th in the Nation.
101 Record: 14-1 (9-0) WIS Rank: #6
MAC Conference Champion
Lost the Rose Bowl
8/20/2016 8:09 PM
12 Next ▸
Season 124 1A Championship Favorites Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.