This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ab90 on 8/25/2016 8:17:00 PM (view original):
this is nuts. just like i can't imagine the spurs without pop, i can't imagine hd without these names. integral to the definition of the very game. any chance you can be convinced to stick around?
Sure, if they decided to leave a couple of worlds in HD2.0. But that ain't gonna happen.

Here's the thing. I don't love the update. That's a big factor in my decision to leave. But everyone else's decisions to leave play a big role, too. It's just not much fun for me playing this game against a bunch of sims. Things are already kinda going to crap in D3 Tark (my last world). I'll be honest - my recruiting effort levels are always below average in this game, but the last few seasons they've really tanked since I recognized I'd be giving up the program pretty soon. Look at my team right now. It's a crap team.

With only a few games left before the CT, I'm #9 on the Projection Report right now. Nine. Look at the team again (or if you didn't look already, look at it). This team should be fighting for a berth in the tournament. In the toughest conference in D3, it really should be a PIT team. The competition level has already fallen apart completely. The game doesn't really engender any effort at all - and thus stops being particularly fun for me - when I can basically not try at all (I haven't even been gameplanning about 3/4 of the time this season, was getting married and now have been on my honeymoon) and still be in the running for a 2 seed.
8/28/2016 4:14 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/26/2016 7:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 8/26/2016 7:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ab90 on 8/25/2016 8:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ab90 on 8/16/2016 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Just want to see what legends are leaving for posterity. Please post here if you are leaving and have played at least 30 seasons so that I can say goodbye to my friends.
lmao. this post was actually changed by the mods from how i initially posted it. there was no 30 season limit. legends don't require thresholds.
are you serious - someone at wis changed your post?
I'm going to echo this. Are you seriously stating that your post was altered by WIS staff?
yes, that is correct.
8/29/2016 4:08 PM
Title was changed, as well. Can't remember what it was initially (something about players leaving), but it definitely was not "goodbye thread".
8/29/2016 4:10 PM
Wow, if that is accurate, and no reason to believe it's not, it basically epitomizes wis entire attitude toward its users regarding the rollout of 3.0. "We don't care about your overall vision for the game, if you aren't happy with it just shut up and leave."
8/29/2016 7:02 PM
As my father used to constantly tell me and my brother - "You don't like it? Get the f**k out."
8/29/2016 7:12 PM
Probably not a legend, but I just finished my last season after 9 years of playing.

Final record on all my IDs:
106 Seasons
2,482 - 791 (.758)
72 Conference Titles
6 National Titles

Good luck to all. It's been fun.
8/30/2016 1:02 PM
i am on my final season, i believe, with all of my teams but 1. i am trying to talk myself into playing that last team for a few more seasons, but am currently losing that battle. i never like to count myself out though - so will see what happens. i was involved in 5 teams, 2 solo 3 co-coach. down to 1 solo 1 co-coach, with the last co-coach team on their final season.

just to be fair though, i have been wanting a break, been getting burnt out. i had given up hope on getting a 2nd wind, but i got one, and really enjoyed this game again for a while, even without getting hopelessly addicted and obsessing over things like i used to. i am very happy and lucky to have gotten the 2nd chance. i might get a 3rd wind, but it won't be by sitting around dragging a team behind me like a ball and chain for years until i get the desire again. that was a terrible idea the first time, i just couldn't bring myself to let go. now i can. the beta helps - but it is not the primary reason for me cutting back. does it contribute? absolutely. but still, in fairness, its not the primary reason.
8/30/2016 7:27 PM (edited)
It looks like I will have one season in nuHD with New Orleans in Knight and that will be it. Thanks again uneble for ruining my favorite game on any platform. I hope the game takes the biggest **** ever. Your arrogance just cost yourself your job...
8/30/2016 9:31 PM
So, if a group of veterans leaves, and the void creates an easier path to a national championship and Final Fours, do some of those veterans get an itch to come back and grab another title or two versus this possible thinned herd?

The temptation might be too great to ignore. I mean, we're talking about a very competitive group of people!

* places popcorn in microwave *
8/30/2016 9:53 PM
Until recently, I had four teams (down from max level of more, but four was where I had settled)

I've dropped Maryland, Stanford and Kansas

My last team is Maryland in Naismith and I have credits and seasons in hand for 7 or 8 seasons. Doubt I will use them all - let alone future credits.

But, we've been on a nice run at Naismith Maryland and I would like to continue it......I just doubt my appetite for the direction of the new game. We'll see, but I expect to walk away from unused credits.
8/30/2016 10:20 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/29/2016 7:12:00 PM (view original):
As my father used to constantly tell me and my brother - "You don't like it? Get the f**k out."
your dad was kind of a bick.

kidding, but couldn't resist...even at the expense of benis sr, who i'm sure was a great guy.
8/30/2016 11:57 PM
Posted by jtt8355 on 8/30/2016 11:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 8/29/2016 7:12:00 PM (view original):
your dad was kind of a bick.

kidding, but couldn't resist...even at the expense of benis sr, who i'm sure was a great guy.
Nah he was a drunk.
8/31/2016 5:45 AM
For all the people predicting (or wishing) the game to die.. How many other WIS games have died in the past?

People predicted GD would die after the 3.1 update.. And many did stop playing after that update (including me). But there are still plenty of players playing. And even though the general consensus was that game now a coin flip chance to win a championship (also including me), it obviously is not as pete_61 has won many championships in the new system. Others have as well. So, that game survived. GD Reports has gotten better, Wilkinson world has its own website.

Same thing was said about HBD. It also still exists. Many world's there now have fan website outside the WIS interfaces.

Same thing was said about HD after the potential update. Lots of good and experienced coaches left. But others stayed and learned to win in the new game (the one we have now).

So, if you don't like the new game and don't want to play it, then don't pay to play it. But other people will like it and they will figure out how to play it.. And it will be fun for them. To each their own.

And to those that leave.. I'm sorry you don't find the new game fun to play. I hope you find something else you enjoy.

And to Benis and chapel.. Thanks for being class acts and all the work you are currently doing to make this game better now.
8/31/2016 6:35 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...15 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.