This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by colonels19 on 8/31/2016 7:17:00 AM (view original):
I watched uneble kill the nba sim...I'm familiar with his "work"
actually, if credits could be used elsewhere at WIS, I would use them on other games - I tried GD and gave up after they made it maddeningly complex - tried a couple of other games.....
8/31/2016 7:58 AM
I dont get it, I mean, I like the new system. It finally gives me something to do during the season other than stare at my roster and maybe change my game plan from a -1 to -2, etc. Now I can take my time and scout the players rather than having to check back every 3 hours just to keep up with other owners who can do that. You dont have to do all your scouting in 2 days...if its too much to do just spread it out over the season.

After all the camps/ assistant/ FSS, I took a bunch to level 4 scouting and from that I selected about 20-30 recruits I can focus on when its time to start recruiting.

Again, I like it because it gives me stuff to do during the season, I dont get all the hate.
8/31/2016 11:30 AM
Posted by crabman26 on 8/31/2016 11:30:00 AM (view original):
I dont get it, I mean, I like the new system. It finally gives me something to do during the season other than stare at my roster and maybe change my game plan from a -1 to -2, etc. Now I can take my time and scout the players rather than having to check back every 3 hours just to keep up with other owners who can do that. You dont have to do all your scouting in 2 days...if its too much to do just spread it out over the season.

After all the camps/ assistant/ FSS, I took a bunch to level 4 scouting and from that I selected about 20-30 recruits I can focus on when its time to start recruiting.

Again, I like it because it gives me stuff to do during the season, I dont get all the hate.
I understand...but the stuff it gives us to do during the season seems more tedious than fun IMO. I'm sticking around for a while to test it out, but I don't think scouting has helped the game in any way.
8/31/2016 6:23 PM
because 'giving me stuff to do during the season' wasn't in the top 10 ideas/suggestions/complaints about the game. high level d1 hiring/firing, recruit generation, wasted scouting trips to learn the same 4 attributes - among a few others - were mentioned by many coaches.
8/31/2016 6:32 PM
Posted by bbunch on 8/31/2016 6:23:00 PM (view original):

I understand...but the stuff it gives us to do during the season seems more tedious than fun IMO. I'm sticking around for a while to test it out, but I don't think scouting has helped the game in any way.
I suppose it is tedious, but for me, having to check in every 3 hours just to keep up was a bit tedious. In the old system I had to dedicate alot more time during the recruiting periods I feel like, then basically do nothing during the season except change the gameplan. At least now while I am bored at work I can scour through potential recruits.
8/31/2016 6:32 PM
Posted by crazyivan on 8/31/2016 6:32:00 PM (view original):
because 'giving me stuff to do during the season' wasn't in the top 10 ideas/suggestions/complaints about the game. high level d1 hiring/firing, recruit generation, wasted scouting trips to learn the same 4 attributes - among a few others - were mentioned by many coaches.
How do you know it wasnt in the top 10? Just because it wasnt mentioned in the forums? I know a few coaches who left because they found in season play boring. All these people leaving have played the game for how many years now? Even despite knowing the hiring/ firing, recruit generation, etc were bad....so they remodel the recruiting aspect of the game and NOW they decide to leave?? It just puzzles me, that is all.

Im not trying to get into arguments, to each their own...its just puzzling.
8/31/2016 6:36 PM
Posted by crabman26 on 8/31/2016 6:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crazyivan on 8/31/2016 6:32:00 PM (view original):
How do you know it wasnt in the top 10? Just because it wasnt mentioned in the forums? I know a few coaches who left because they found in season play boring. All these people leaving have played the game for how many years now? Even despite knowing the hiring/ firing, recruit generation, etc were bad....so they remodel the recruiting aspect of the game and NOW they decide to leave?? It just puzzles me, that is all.

Im not trying to get into arguments, to each their own...its just puzzling.
I tend to mostly agree crabman. I've had the opinion for awhile that the in season gameplay can be very boring to a lot of new coaches. They may check in, see if they won and then not log in again until the next day. They don't even know yet how to gameplan or set a depth chart or scout or really anything yet so what is there for them to do? Most people posting on the forums got really in to it but I have other friends who have tried it out and were bored until recruiting came around.

You have to also remember, new players aren't cruising through the regular season and waiting for the postseason to see if they can make a deep run in the tourney like most of us are. They may be getting their ***** handed to them on top of not really having much to do.

Maybe this new system will fix this issue and may be not. But in principal, the idea makes sense about what they're trying to do in order to improve new user retention.
8/31/2016 6:55 PM
Butt stuff.
8/31/2016 7:11 PM
I''m a new player still waiting to begin a season....so I have not experienced the previous version. I'm hopeful the update continues bringing in new people because I see good stuff with this game. Also, I hope there is some butt stuff involved in version 4.0
8/31/2016 9:22 PM
Posted by Bbeebe17 on 8/31/2016 9:22:00 PM (view original):
I''m a new player still waiting to begin a season....so I have not experienced the previous version. I'm hopeful the update continues bringing in new people because I see good stuff with this game. Also, I hope there is some butt stuff involved in version 4.0
+100 to the butt stuff
8/31/2016 9:29 PM
Posted by crabman26 on 8/31/2016 6:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bbunch on 8/31/2016 6:23:00 PM (view original):

I suppose it is tedious, but for me, having to check in every 3 hours just to keep up was a bit tedious. In the old system I had to dedicate alot more time during the recruiting periods I feel like, then basically do nothing during the season except change the gameplan. At least now while I am bored at work I can scour through potential recruits.
But shouldn't you be 100% efficient at work? And never take breaks? Because that would be unethical to your employer.

(Or something like that, I forget what thread that was even from if someone else wants to remind me).
8/31/2016 11:14 PM
The shawnfucious thread..oh that was an awful downward spiral that seemed to never find bottom
8/31/2016 11:21 PM
ab, I'm out for good.

and P.S.,..that shawnfucious thread is actually pretty sweet, if you read it as a work of literature.
9/1/2016 5:39 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...15 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.