Rule V Leg #53 - Draft Thread Topic

If a player is on multiple teams which team gets to keep him if they both are protected?
8/23/2016 11:36 AM
Every instance of every player is exclusive to whatever team protects/drafts that franchise version of them.

For example:
Red Sox protect Boston Roger Clemens
Blue Jays protect Toronto Roger Clemens
Yankees don't protect New York Roger Clemens
Astros don't protect Houston Roger Clemens

In this example Clemens' New York and Houston seasons are now free to be drafted by anyone. Whatever team drafts New York or Houston Clemens gets that version exclusively. Let's say Cleveland drafts New York Clemens and Toronto drafts Houston Clemens. Now:

The Red Sox can use any Boston seasons of Clemens but no Houston, New York or Toronto seasons.
The Indians can use any New York seasons of Clemens, but no Houston, Boston or Toronto seasons.
The Jays can use any Toronto season of Clemens *and* any Houston seasons of Clemens, but no Boston or New York seasons.

It's not common for a team to have multiple franchise versions of a player eligible to them but this should help illustrate how it works.
8/23/2016 11:56 AM (edited)
Posted by ACEROTHSTEIN on 8/23/2016 11:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by buddhagamer on 8/23/2016 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ACEROTHSTEIN on 8/23/2016 10:27:00 AM (view original):
I'm ready, when do we start
We have to wait for newarkwilder to pick his team first. Sinfonian will post the official divisional alignment once all the teams are selected.

If you haven't already done so, send in your five initial keepers to Sinfonian for your selected franchise. He will post a list of protected players in this thread and the draft order (which applies to all 3 rounds). Remember only players between 1969 and 2015 can be selected.

Hopefully we can get in at least 1 round before Friday.
Is there an easy way to look at the players available for your team 1969-2015?
I just use the filters in the draft for those seasons and sort by the stats and/or positions I'm focusing on. That usually gives me a pretty good idea. Of course, I've been doing this theme for so long now that I pretty much have the players memorized;-)
8/23/2016 11:55 AM
How do you get to the draft screen without joining a league?
8/23/2016 12:04 PM
Posted by ACEROTHSTEIN on 8/23/2016 12:04:00 PM (view original):
How do you get to the draft screen without joining a league?
You can choose a spring training team.
8/23/2016 12:08 PM
Another option is to already purchase a team, select an Open League as your team option and select players (just remember *NOT* to submit the team). When sinfonian finally gives us a theme #, simply click on the "Edit Team Option" link on the player selection page and then select the "Theme League option" and enter the theme #. This will still keep your players so you won't have to re-select them all over again.
8/23/2016 12:14 PM
newarkwilder hasn't opened any of the sitemails that I've sent in the last week. If anyone knows how to contact him off site, please do so. Otherwise, I'm going to give him about 24 hours to check in before I find a replacement.

Thanks.
8/23/2016 12:17 PM
Get your keepers in
8/23/2016 12:24 PM
schwarze is standing by to take over if newark doesn't check in by tomorrow morning.
8/23/2016 9:22 PM
Thanks to all of you for getting your keepers in promptly. schwarze has already made his franchise pick (Marlins) and sent keepers as well. My plan is to post everything by noon central time and start the timed player draft tomorrow morning.
8/24/2016 5:47 AM
Tentative division alignment, assuming newark doesn't check in and pick a different team. Shifting the Reds out west this time, Braves in the central.

Division Alignment
NL East: Phillies, Mets, Expos/Nats, Marlins
NL Central: Braves, Cubs, Cardinals, Pirates
NL West: Reds, Dodgers, Giants, Diamondbacks
AL East: Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Orioles
AL Central: Rays, Tigers, Indians, Royals
AL West: Rangers, Astros, Mariners, Athletics
8/24/2016 6:57 AM
I'm cool with that, outside of that getting stuck with three of the best owners in the league thing. :(
8/24/2016 11:00 AM
Posted by alleyviper on 8/24/2016 11:00:00 AM (view original):
I'm cool with that, outside of that getting stuck with three of the best owners in the league thing. :(
I guess all the cool kids wanted to be in the AL Central this time around;-)
8/24/2016 12:00 PM
No, they all wanted to be in the AL East! It just got too crowded.
8/24/2016 12:38 PM
Keepers are posted. Timed schedule starts tomorrow, but alleyviper can start us off, assuming he actually needs to add any players to the Tampa juggernaut;-)
8/24/2016 12:54 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...19 Next ▸
Rule V Leg #53 - Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.