My odd and mistake filled final oldHD recruiting Topic

I had 2 openings
Mistake 1: Scouting Tennessee

I have 10 rules and one of them is to remember not to scout Tennessee. Why? Because Tusculum laps up every good recruit from Tennesee. I was about to pull down Wallace Wood but, low and behold, he was already pulled down by Tusculum. I was going to pull down Pence, who I ranked 11 overall for pull-down-able bigs put Tusculum grabbed him too!
Mistake 2: Scouting New Mexico and Louisiana
Fun idea guys! Lets pull down someone from Louisiana! That will only cost, like, $7,500 for 13 trips! And that is best case scenario.
Misfortune 1:
I spent $1890 pulling down this guy. Never even got considered.
Lucky Bit 1:
I only had to send 12 STs to pull down this juco stud. That cost $3,370 to pull him down. 20 trips would have cost about $5,000 total.
Next I...
Spent $2,000 to pull down this guy. I got a very promising message that read:

"Coach, let's face facts - I think we both know that there's not much in common here. The level of play I'll see at U. of Indianapolis is probably not what I'm looking for. I'll keep your offer in mind though in case my other options don't pan out."
Mistake 3: Send 7 more STs on Millet
I pulled him down! It worked out fine! Not really. U of D.C also pulled Millet down... I decided just to "forfeit" the battle and try to sign a dropdown on Saturday.
Lucky Bit 2:
Even if I could pulldown this guy he still helped me. U of D.C. abandoned Millet to chase Weinstein! Without spending another penny on Millet, I was able to "win" the battle!
Lucky Bit 3:
No DI team decided to try to poach my two guys! I rescinded because I have a high Ath/De standard on my team. ;) Will that move pay off?

8/18/2016 10:00 PM
That's one thing I like about 3.0 is that there are no more pull downs.
8/18/2016 10:48 PM
I love the Pulldowns, it is one of my favorite aspects of the game. It takes skill to find and grab those guys.
8/18/2016 10:52 PM
What I meant to say was that you can now go after anyone right from the start, which is kind of cool.
8/18/2016 11:05 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/18/2016 11:05:00 PM (view original):
What I meant to say was that you can now go after anyone right from the start, which is kind of cool.
I'm interested to see how this plays out.
8/18/2016 11:46 PM
Thanks...I think?
8/19/2016 7:16 AM
Posted by simpleton on 8/19/2016 7:16:00 AM (view original):
Thanks...I think?
yup! Take the part about you as a compliment!
8/19/2016 8:15 AM
I signed a great inel for my last spot. I was going to wait for a dropdown but did not.
8/19/2016 7:09 PM
My odd and mistake filled final oldHD recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.