What happens if an ineligible flunks? Topic

Never seen this before in my entire HD career, but I have an ineligible player on my roster. So, I always give them as much study hall time as possible, since they cannot improve anyway. In this case, this guy has 80 minutes. I get the first mid term grade report back, and he is at 1.8 GPA, with 80 minutes of study hall. Assuming he does not improve, what happens if he is under 2.0 for the final grade of the first term? Even bigger question would be if he goes the whole year under 2.0, would he have to sit out at the beginning of next year?
8/19/2016 7:36 AM
Never mind. Just looked again, and he had 80 minutes of conditioning - not study hall - LOL.
8/19/2016 7:37 AM
do practice minutes/SH actually affect ineligibles? as in, if they can't improve anyway, isn't your practice plan completely disregarded to begin with?
8/19/2016 7:58 AM
I have always put all minutes into study hall - dont know whether the engine would just do that anyhow

chaps guy must be the fittest nonqualifier ever
8/19/2016 8:40 AM
@nc, yes, minutes in SH count, not anywhere else.

@chap - if he finished that season under 2.0 he would go to study hall for the summer and report eligible but with less advancement than normal I believe.
8/19/2016 9:16 AM
dac, how do you know that for sure? I'm just amazed that they can separate out one section of a practice plan and run it, but not the rest... seems like it would be beyond the game's capability...

(nc)
8/19/2016 9:32 AM
Posted by wronoj on 8/19/2016 9:32:00 AM (view original):
dac, how do you know that for sure? I'm just amazed that they can separate out one section of a practice plan and run it, but not the rest... seems like it would be beyond the game's capability...

(nc)
I don't know anything for sure...mostly when I answer it is just what I remember reading sometime somewhere here in the forums. I believe it works that way though because like in this example, kids that don't get SH minutes seem to drop in GPA
8/19/2016 10:49 AM
thanks. I usually do it just because it can't hurt, but I don't think it actually matters at all... I think they have crappy GPAs regardless because they are stupid.
8/19/2016 1:37 PM
I've never even bothered to set practice time for ineligible recruits beyond fixing the shortfall of PT from the default minutes setting so I don't get emails from the AC all season. I also never change my practice minutes if a recruit fails the second semester. I've never had a recruit show up for a new term ineligible for play. They have always been 2.0 minimum. As far as I know, it's not possible for a recruit to be ineligible at the start of a new season.
8/22/2016 1:39 PM

What happens if an ineligible flunks?

he continues to stay enrolled at UNC.
8/22/2016 1:45 PM
What happens if an ineligible flunks? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.