FlipBook Scouting Guide Topic

Posted by hughesjr on 8/22/2016 9:05:00 AM (view original):
Looks very good guys. Thanks for the hard work.
Welcome back.
8/22/2016 9:50 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/22/2016 7:53:00 PM (view original):
Wanted to get some opinions on the format. Do you guys prefer paragraph style or bullet points? I did mostly bullets on the scouting and I liked it but as I'm doing the recruiting portion, I'm tending to do more paragraphs for some reason. Here's an example- which is better?

Home Visits
Once unlocked, Home Visits are the typical way to generate effort and increase interest with a recruit. The cost of an HV will increase with distance from recruit. However, unlike in HD 2.0, the cost increase is very linear and does not arbitrarily jump up in cost once you hit a threshold.
The minimum cost for an HV is $200 but the recruit must be <3 miles away. The maximum cost for a HV is $1,000 and includes any recruits >2700 miles away.
You can send as many HVs as you want in a cycle until you reach the 20 HV max threshold. No team, including SIMs, can provide more than 20 HVs for a single player. There is no limit on number of HVs that a recruit can accept from all teams combined. Unlike HD 2.0, HVs can’t be rejected by a recruit.
The only place you can send HVs is under the “recruit” tab on the player card – refer to previous image.

Or

Home Visits
  • Requires recruiting effort to unlock
  • Cost increases with distances but arbitrary jump in cost at certain threshold has been eliminated
  • Min cost is $200 for recruits <3 miles away
  • Max cost is $1,000 for recruits >2,700 miles away
  • Can send maximum of 20 HVs per recruit total and can send up to 20 in a single cycle. No limit on total HVs a recruit can receive from all other schools combined
  • HVs can’t be rejected and can only be sent from the ‘recruit’ tab on the player card

Bulletin points.
8/22/2016 11:39 PM
We have added a section on recruiting, which is after the scouting section. It is still in progress, but has a lot of details. I will add a table of contents and links once we get it more completed.
8/25/2016 8:25 AM
this is a great resource for people like me who didn't participate in Beta - thanks for the effort chapelhillne and Benis.
8/25/2016 8:48 AM
bump. Should we pin this?
8/29/2016 9:21 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/21/2016 9:46:00 AM (view original):
Benis and I are working on getting the HD 3.0 guide into an online magazine format.

The scouting section is just about complete now. We will be working on the recruiting section over the next few days as well.

This will give you complete information in an easy to use format. There is a Table of Contents, and if you want to skip to that topic, just click on it, and it will automatically send you to that page.

Here is a link to it.

Once you are on it, you can click on a page to zoom in.
Kinda big error, the recruiting budget explanation says CVs are 4200 + 50c instead of $200 + 50c
8/29/2016 9:40 PM
Thanks! - I just fixed this one.
8/30/2016 5:57 PM
Thanks cub cub. My bad! Keep em coming!
8/30/2016 6:39 PM
Bump since Knight just rolled.
9/6/2016 6:06 PM
Bump.

Seeing a lot of threads with the same type of questions that are covered in the guide. Hopefully this will help.
9/20/2016 8:39 AM
◂ Prev 123
FlipBook Scouting Guide Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.